Nickent Extends Contract with Quinney

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Nickent Golf is proud to announce that Jeff Quinney has extended his relationship with Nickent for the 2009 PGA TOUR season. Quinney and Nickent recently agreed to terms to a multi-year extension keeping Quinney with the same company he has been with since the start of his professional career. Quinney, a rising and young star on the PGA TOUR has used Nickent equipment to move up the PGA Tour money list. Quinney is a native of Eugene, Oregon and starred as a collegiate golfer at Arizona State University. In 2000, Quinney won the crown jewel of the amateur golf circuit, the U.S. Amateur Championship at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, New Jersey.

Quinney has been a professional since 2001 and has been a full-time member of the PGA Tour since 2007 where he has had five top-ten finishes. 2008 was a monumental year for Quinney that included a second place finish at the Northern Trust Open in Los Angeles and a third place finish at The Players Championship, narrowly missing out on a playoff by one stroke. Quinney finished the 2008 season 38th on the PGA TOUR money list earning nearly $2MM as well as finishing 25th in the FEDEX Cup point standings.

"We are very excited that Jeff continued his relationship with us," said Nickent CEO Michael Lee. "A professional golfer's most important choice is the clubs they play, and that Jeff wants Nickent in his bag again this year is a tremendous compliment to our brand. We have the utmost confidence that Jeff's success in 2008 will lead to even more success in 2009 and beyond. With Jeff's talent we strongly believe that the sky is the limit with this partnership."

"I'm grateful for the opportunity that Nickent has given me to represent their brand," said Jeff Quinney. "They have showed faith in me in the past and we are all hoping that this is the year where we both break through. I switched to the 5DX ironwood after playing with the original 3DX ironwood for 3 years and I am even more convinced that Nickent was headed in the right direction with their equipment and I wanted to continue to be a part of the company's future."

"Jeff has been a factor on Tour for the past few seasons and we expect him to build on that same presence for many years to come," said Josh Trivett, Nickent's Senior Director of Tour Operations. "We all watched last year as Jeff came so close so many times. We know this is the year that he will win on the PGA TOUR."

The best players in the world choose Nickent! Over the last four years, 42 worldwide events have been won by players choosing to play Nickent clubs, including the 2007 U.S. Open champion and household names in the 2008 Ryder Cup. Rising stars like Jeff Quinney know the importance of quality equipment, which is why so many of them choose to play Nickent. In 2008, a total of 192 different players had a Nickent club in their bag on the PGA and Nationwide Tours. Nickent's full product line is designed by Nickent master designer John Hoeflich, who is responsible for some of the most successful iron designs in golf.

• Admin
I gotta say, this one caught me off guard. He is one of my favorites, but I expected some young gun.

Back