2015 Scottish Open Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Figured there would be some interest in this tournament as a number of guys from the PGA Tour have made the trip to Scotland for this event, along with a bunch of the European Tour stars. The Americans that have made the trip include Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Jimmy Walker, Brooks Koepka and Matt Kuchar. The European contigent is led by Justin Rose.

Here's a bonus: NBC coverage on the weekend! Here's the full TV schedule:

Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open Tournament Airtimes (all times ET):

Thursday, July 9 5:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Live) Golf Channel

Friday, July 10 5:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Live) Golf Channel

Saturday, July 11 9:30 a.m.-Noon (Live) Golf Channel

Noon-2:30 p.m. (Live) NBC

Sunday, July 12 9:30 a.m.-Noon (Live) Golf Channel

Noon-2:30 p.m. (Live) NBC

I'll definitely be watching. And I forgot they're playing Gullane, a course with a ton of history and great scenery.

Does this have the best field the tourny has ever seen? A LOT of the PGA players that are in the Open are in this event this week.

Watching this now on Golf Channel Live Extra...really enjoying it, probably more than the John Deere Classic.

Disappointed to find out coverage isn't on until 10:30 local time this morning. This leaderboard is packed.

Went to the 2nd day yesterday, great to see a strong field from the U.S. and Europe. The crowds were good but not crazy big like the open. Me and friend followed the mickleson group in the morning and walker and fowler groups later in the day. Great to be able to get up close to see those kinds of players in action.

Miguel Ángel Jiménez is sure having fun. Love it. Gives old guys like me hope. Cool to see Kuchar and Fowler in the mix as well.

Starting to shape up for a tight finish. Still lots of guys in this.

Starting to shape up for a tight finish. Still lots of guys in this.
The wind is really keeping the top of the leaderboard bunched together. Going to be a fun finish for sure.

Scary that Marc Warren who finished awhile ago still may be in contention.

The wind is really keeping the top of the leaderboard bunched together. Going to be a fun finish for sure.

Scary that Marc Warren who finished awhile ago still may be in contention.

Love that the weather is playing its part. So much fun watching links golf in these conditions.

Love that the weather is playing its part. So much fun watching links golf in these conditions.
Couldn't agree more. The opening hole was absolutely brutal for these guys and now the wind is at their back for the last 4-5 holes.

Fowler and Luuiten with great 2nd shots on 16.. big eagle putts coming up

What a drive by Fowler on 18..

Wow.. 350ish?

Rickie with the clutch approach.

What a wedge shot!
Would be incredible to go into The Open with Fowler and Spieth coming off wins

Damn Rickie. Talk about clutch

What a wedge shot!
Would be incredible to go into The Open with Fowler and Spieth coming off wins

It really would be. Then add a Tiger that is "playing better" and it will be top notch. While I know the awful will spend more time dwelling on he Rory injury, this could be exciting.

Amazing shot by Rickie.

Man Rickie and Jordan stepping up this year. This makes me happy. Hope Rickie makes a run this coming week to make it interesting.

Wow, almost holes it to tie Rickie.

Great win for Rickie. I'll be rooting for him to win it all next week.

Great to see rickie win again. Haven't seen the last shot but heard it was close. Hope the momentum continues

Love to see Rickie get the win!!!

Hopefully he doesn't get the kiss of death again at the Open. By that I mean getting paired with Tiger.

He's been clutch down the stretch on his wins this year. Would love to see him up at the top next week.

Back