Maruman Shuttle i4000x HT Driver Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As the second part of my review of the Maruman line, I will be testing out the Shuttle i4000x Driver. This is supposed to be a high trajectory driver and is 10.5°. It looks REALLY nice in person.

Will be taking this out to the range tomorrow for it's first swings. Also plan on taking this to a new facility that has a launch monitor to compare it to my current driver set up.

Eye Candy

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

The headcover is cool. The circular design on the front is actually a pearlescent color that just looks great. It has a pocket that you can get a good grip on to remove the headcover with ease.

DSC01112.jpg

Nice. Would be interested in your results. I'm not a fan of graphics on the crown. Do you find them distracting or subtle enough that they are ok? Headcover looks nice!

• Staff
Nice. Would be interested in your results. I'm not a fan of graphics on the crown. Do you find them distracting or subtle enough that they are ok? Headcover looks nice!

I've been working with the fairway for awhile now and it has the same graphics. Can't say that I've noticed them once when actually hitting it.

That puppy has a ton of glare but is a nice looking club overall.

looks good but really really shallow

Damn! and i thought the fairway wood was good looking. This club is outright sexy looking. I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on this driver.

Pretty nice looking. Love the graphics on the top.

• Staff
looks good but really really shallow

Its on the shallow side, but not to the same extent as the fairway imo. Its similar to the Cally Diablo Edge it seems.

Posted via Tapatalk

• Staff
Damn! and i thought the fairway wood was good looking. This club is outright sexy looking. I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on this driver.

Same thing I thought. The sole is stunning in person.

Posted via Tapatalk

Its on the shallow side, but not to the same extent as the fairway imo. Its similar to the Cally Diablo Edge it seems.

Posted via Tapatalk

cool, the pic just makes it look really shallow lol, its a sexy driver though, that sole does look amazing

That's a nice looking stick and I can't wait for the review, and I love the fact that it's not adjustable.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Isn't this the same company that has the gold driver that costs a fortune?

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Isn't this the same company that has the gold driver that costs a fortune?

You are correct.

Posted via Tapatalk

Love the sole Hawk and looking forward to your expereinces with it.

Love the sole Hawk and looking forward to your expereinces with it.

Thanks, Keith. This one is very interesting to me. I have to say that there are very few drivers I'd even consider putting in my bag. I love my current set up and it is probably the one thing I never consider changing. It should be fun to see how it compares and I'm looking forward to getting some numbers to compare the two.

Very sexy club.....

I can't say I am crazy about the boomerang graphics on the crown. It just looks really busy.

Are there grooves on the sweet spot?

Is it me, or does it seem like it's a shallow faced head? I'm sure it's just the pics, but it looks like the depth of a 3 wood. (which, after going back and reading the other posts, it looks like some agree).

In any event, I am looking forward to your thoughts on this driver Hawk. I had never heard of the company before your previous review, so I am even more interested to learn about their equipment and the company itself.

I will take a couple pics this evening to give some better perspective on the depth of the face. It is more shallow than many drivers out there, but in person I don't think its as severe as it looks in pictures.

Posted via Tapatalk

I will take a couple pics this evening to give some better perspective on the depth of the face. It is more shallow than many drivers out there, but in person I don't think its as severe as it looks in pictures.
It reminds me of the Bridgestone drivers in terms of depth and look. Are they advertised as shallow?

It reminds me of the Bridgestone drivers in terms of depth and look. Are they advertised as shallow?

Yea, especially the the way the depth drops from front to back. Their reasoning is higher launch and lower spin.

Posted via Tapatalk

High trajectory you say? Interesting! Will be good to see how this stacks up given how attached you are to the current driver Hawk.

Here is a comparison of face depth between the Shuttle and the SuperTri.
456133e4-e387-ed0c.jpg

456133e4-e39b-c9b6.jpg

Posted via Tapatalk

So, as you can see, the Shuttle is quite shallower than the SuperTri. Still wouldn't compare it to a 3W, but it is definitely not a tall one. Came away surprised about this today after hitting a ton of balls with it. I hit my current driver as well to get a baseline for my normal shot.

- Trajectory is not as high as my SuperTri, but it's fairly high on well struck shots.
- It is not as forgiving as the SuperTri. It also gives more feedback as to missed shots.
- It sounds LOUD. Definitely the loudest driver I've hit.
- Good distance on well struck shots and I suspect that I would get a lot of roll.
- I look forward to getting it on a monitor. I think it is definitely lower spin than the SuperTri, which could be good for some and not so good for others. The ball had a different look to it in the air. Hard to describe, but it just looked different.
- Love the grip (NDMC) and I think I need to consider them on all my clubs. It was humid and the Marumans were the grippiest clubs in my bag today.
- I needed to stand a bit closer and tee the ball a little lower.

As you may guess, the surprise for me was that I didn't like it quite as much as I thought I would. I had a feeling I'd love it b/c of my experience with the fairways. After today, I'd say it wasn't even close for me compared to my other set up. Please remember, I'm a player that likes high drives and needs spin.

Last edited:
Back