Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Sorta like the Nike ONE Vapor.
I think it's interesting that people (me included) assume this is a premium/Tour level ball. The STAR name immediately made me think it was a certain type of ball.

Used orange and yellow balls in the mid 80's, the yellow were much easier to see in most conditions.

The reason I go orange over yellow is

1. From a distance and with a glare the yellow can still occasionally be confused with a white.
2. On my course 10 and 11 wrap around the driving range which uses yellow balls and they litter the rough.

I do agree bright yellow stands out more then orange, orange is about as easy/hard to see as the white. But I always know it's my ball.

The reason I go orange over yellow is

1. From a distance and with a glare the yellow can still occasionally be confused with a white.
2. On my course 10 and 11 wrap around the driving range which uses yellow balls and they litter the rough.

I do agree bright yellow stands out more then orange, orange is about as easy/hard to see as the white. But I always know it's my ball.

Lol about the yellow range balls littering the course, I usually put at least two or three in the middle of the adjoining fairway on the right of the range, my miss is a big block.

I'm having trouble figuring out who this ball is aimed towards. Is it a cheaper version of the Z-star, kinda like an NXT to a Prov. Replacement for the trispeed? More like the e series with certian qualities?

I guess I'll just have to wait to read the back of the box lol.

I'm having trouble figuring out who this ball is aimed towards. Is it a cheaper version of the Z-star, kinda like an NXT to a Prov. Replacement for the trispeed? More like the e series with certian qualities?

I guess I'll just have to wait to read the back of the box lol.

Quick question. Is that what you view the NXT as? A cheaper version of the Pro V1? What makes the NXT different than the e6 in general terms? 3 piece balls with slightly different compression both with a harder surlyn type of cover.

Quick question. Is that what you view the NXT as? A cheaper version of the Pro V1? What makes the NXT different than the e6 in general terms? 3 piece balls with slightly different compression both with a harder surlyn type of cover.

For the most part ya, I've always seen the NXT or now I guess it would be the NXT/NXT tour as a poor man's ProV or ProV-x. Or a cheaper all around ball, maybe that is out of date info since I havent played one in 5+ years but thats what I've always procieved from advertising. I usually lump the e series balls into balls that do certain things, e6 specializing in reducing side spin, e7 to improving trajectory, e5 being a 2 piece with distance and spin. Here you pick your greatest weakness and use the ball that'll fix it. Generally speaking of course.

These look interesting I'm going to have to pick up a box when they hit the shelves.

For the most part ya, I've always seen the NXT or now I guess it would be the NXT/NXT tour as a poor man's ProV or ProV-x. Or a cheaper all around ball, maybe that is out of date info since I havent played one in 5+ years but thats what I've always procieved from advertising. I usually lump the e series balls into balls that do certain things, e6 specializing in reducing side spin, e7 to improving trajectory, e5 being a 2 piece with distance and spin. Here you pick your greatest weakness and use the ball that'll fix it. Generally speaking of course.

It really does show how marketing works doesnt it. If you look at the specs of the balls, its kind of shocking how we as consumers view these things. That is why I love the slogan here.

I can tell you from my testing that they are NOTHING like a poor mans Pro V-1. The e5 is a poor mans premium ball IMO. Firm core but soft cover.

It really does show how marketing works doesnt it. If you look at the specs of the balls, its kind of shocking how we as consumers view these things. That is why I love the slogan here.

I agree, I REALLY AM questioning everything atm lol.

Not sure they are going after anything really other than continuing their line. If I had to give my early thoughts I would say e6 with a slighter spinnier cover if that makes sense.

This sounds like a perfect ball for me.

Alright I skimmed.... BUT I really am intrigued by this ball. The technical aspects sound great, but the price point (check my sig!) is even better. I'll definitely try gaming these when they arrive.

I love the Srixon balls. My usual ball is the AD333. I'd give these a whirl.

looking forward to trying these out, love my Zstars and a ball similar in performance at that price range would be awesome

I played the white Q-Star ball today after playing the Bridgestone B330RX the last two days (3 day tournament). I hit several approach shots onto the green that stopped within a few inches of where they landed. The longer shots rolled out a good bit. I am not sure about the driver distance as compared to the Srixon Trispeed that I usually play or the B330RX but I will do a little more testing over the next week on that. I think I might be losing a little but I'm really happy with these balls around the green.

I haven't seen the yellow balls yet but I ordered some before I went out of town so I'm hoping they are in at our course.

The Trispeeds will continue to be available according to our rep but I am hoping I like this ball as well if not better because they are $5 cheaper. Time will tell but it performed really well for me today (can't blame a ball for my lack of bunker and putting skills).

BTW - I asked my rep about compression and spin on this ball compared to the Trispeeds. If I remember right, I think he told me the Trispeed has 70 compression vs 90 for the Trispeed Tour. I think the new Q-Star is around 80.

Intersting. I look forward to hearing how it performs and possibly even trying a dozen of them. I loved the old AD333, Soft Feel and TriSpeed; so it will be interesting to see how the Q-Star works.

I am looking forward to picking these up soon. I really like the price point of these too. Way to go Srixon!

No mention yet of the new Q-STAR yet on Srixon's website (or maybe I just missed it).

Are these replacing the AD333? I've noticed a lot of stores selling them at 2/$25.

No mention yet of the new Q-STAR yet on Srixon's website (or maybe I just missed it).

Are these replacing the AD333? I've noticed a lot of stores selling them at 2/$25.

They will be on their site when released on the 8th.

BTW - I asked my rep about compression and spin on this ball compared to the Trispeeds. If I remember right, I think he told me the Trispeed has 70 compression vs 90 for the Trispeed Tour. I think the new Q-Star is around 80.
Thanks for the heads up on compression and spin. I was just about to ask how it's compared to my game balls, E6 & E5. probably good for my mid-high 90's swing speed. might be worth trying out when I ran out of the Bridgestones. :D

If I had to give my early thoughts I would say e6 with a slighter spinnier cover if that makes sense.
good deal!

^^^^^

THat information is in the link that is in the 1st post.

Back