Tiger Woods Prototype Shoes for Bridgestone Invitational

6453 4653

OWGR #1449
Reaction score
Handicap
Tiger will be wearing these prototypes this week.

362050251.png
v9bsv.jpg
l4tzgs.jpg

More info from the Nike press release:

Ahead of his return to competitive action, Tiger Woods has been working with one of the Directors within NIKE’s Innovation Kitchen, Tobie Hatfield, and NIKE Golf on a FREE-inspired prototype shoe that Tiger will wear during this week’s WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. “I love the feel of NIKE FREE for training, so I asked Tobie if it was possible to bring that technology to the golf course. It’s exciting to see a conversation like that come to life and I look forward to wearing them this week,” said Tiger.

Comments from Tiger's Presser today:

Q. The new shoes, do they by any chance alleviate any of the pain with the Achilles?
TIGER WOODS: You know, they feel comfortable. The Achilles was not the shoe, it was just obviously plenty of years of torque on the knee, and eventually it led to that. It was nice to try and get something that I felt comfortable in. The Free technology is something that I wear every day, and some of the things, some of the aspects, I love training in it, I love running in it, lifting in it, so why can't I play golf in it.
So eventually we got together and created this shoe, and walking out there on the golf course, it felt good to feel my foot activated, something that I hadn't felt in a long time. That felt very good, so the whole chain was activated, something that I'd always felt off the golf course but not on the golf course.

Marty Hackel tweeted that TW will wear white ones on Wednesday.

Also, according to Golf World's Dave Shedlowski, only 2 pairs exist as of now, Tiger's black pair, and the white ones for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Im a big fan of Nike Golf shoes, but these are possibly my least favorite shoe for golf they have ever created.

Sweet! A perfect excuse for Tiger.

Im a big fan of Nike Golf shoes, but these are possibly my least favorite shoe for golf they have ever created.

+1 here, I've been wearing Nike shoes exclusively since I've been playing golf, and for 10 years before that in basketball, and these are just awful! I love their shoes but I don't know what happened here.

It is a waterproof nike free with 6 golf cleats on the bottom. Nike just made a golf shoe out of one of their successful running/training shoe

I'm loving these, remind me of my free training shoes, I bet they weigh next to nothing and still provide you with enough stability, I'm loving the innovation, I would buy them tomorrow.

Not the best overall pic, the toes look a bit thin and not a real comfy looking shoe.

It is a waterproof nike free with 6 golf cleats on the bottom. Nike just made a golf shoe out of one of their successful running/training shoe

+1 that's what I love about it.

If that's what these are, I like the concept. However, I've tried to hit golf balls in my Nike Free running shoes and struggled with lateral stability, so I wonder how these would work. I also do not like the loops on the tongue and the back of the shoe at all.

I like em

Holy crap those are ugly!

I just can't see the limited number of spikes being stable enough for him with his move and power.

Thats cool but they are still :sick:

Do you have a source? I cannot see him wearing these.

I can't see the picture.

Sadly I can't see the picture. I'm a big fan of Nike and the TW Collection.

Found the pic, I love Nike stuff but those are FUGLY.

I cannot see it either, and cannot seem to find it :(

I don't think they match my beer belly.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Found the pic, I love Nike stuff but those are FUGLY.

I love that word, FUGLY. I'm impartial on how they look really. I like a more traditional looking shoe but if they're super comfy, I would rock them.

Back