Cleveland Mashie vs Cobra Baffler Rail, better all around hybrid?

EmptyWallet

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with BOTH clubs?

Both have rails, both seem to be targeted at a variety of lies....etc.

Which is more forgiving? Which is actually better from a variety of lies?

Differences in turf interaction? Deep rough?

Went and sat both clubs side by side. I actually like the way the Baffler looks more than the Mashie. The offset on the Mashie would probably help me though.

I've hit both and the Mashie worked better for me. It is one of the easiest clubs I have ever hit out of the rough or fairway bunker.
The cobra is good, just the mashie worked better for my game.

Have hit both too and I think everything points to the Mashie....especially feel (totally subjective) and turf interaction

I have owned both and I think the Mashie is longer and more forgiving, but the Railer H is one heck of a good club too. You really cant go wrong with either.

I've hit both during Demo days and the Mashie just cuts through the turf/rough so much easier. I also think the ball comes off the Mashie face much hotter. Clevelands hybrids just have great shaft selection too, which is sometimes an oversight.

this too....

I've hit both during Demo days and the Mashie just cuts through the turf/rough so much easier. I also think the ball comes off the Mashie face much hotter. Clevelands hybrids just have great shaft selection too, which is sometimes an oversight.

I like both heads a lot. But the shaft in the Mashie is far and a way a better quality shaft than the standard in the Cobra for my game.

I also have a Mashie currently. :bashful:

I'm just so happy with picking up a Baffler Rail FW that I was curious about the hybrid.

I have switched back to the Mashie Hybrid and Huybrids from Adams fairway and a12OS hybrids. Both are good clubs but for me the Mashie fairway and hybrid work better with all lies as well as serious distance

Back