JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How often do you get your clubs regripped?

Last edited:
six months sounds right. i just had my driver redone(because i had it shortened a bit) and i sure noticed how worn it was(had it since Spring). i had a Lamkin Crossline on it and all the white was worn off, especially where my fingers gripped the club.

I can usually go about a year and a half between regripping, I usually try to put nicer grips on my sticks to prolong regripping.

I regrip once or twice a year depending on how the grips are doing. Although I am at a much quicker pace right now, because I'm trying to find the grip that I will use for years to come.

I clearly don't play enough golf! I can get through almost two seasons without regripping, but lately I've been changing clubs often enough I think I only own one club that old. Well, two, but I did regrip the putter last year.

Josh, wasn't there going to be a grip review? Did I miss it? I remember something about me wanting squishy grips and you promising some (much to Harry's bemusement).

I don't really use a time table. When they feel like they're done - they're done.

I'm loving the blue/black multi-comp on my driver!

In Michigan we only get 6 months of play unless you're a snow bird. Unfortunately I'm not a snow bird, so once a year.

Holy Bat-revival!

How often do you get your clubs regripped?
What grips were they back then?

My Lamkin ST+2 Hybrids last more than 6 minths

Once a year usually for me. In a testing period right now with the Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid before putting them on all clubs.

I go way longer than i probably should. Mostly just havent played much the last couple years. I was shooting for once a year before though.

We only play 6 months per year up here but I typically do once per year but not necessarily over the winter, usually just prior to summer when humidity kicks it up a notch.

People who need to grip the club a bit tighter tend to wear out the grip a lot faster than a player with proper hand placement and grip pressure will.

I have clubs in my basement with grips older than this thread.

I usually regrip once a year. Usually end of December, beginning of January. I changed grips this time though. I went back to the Lamkin Sonar+ Tour Calibrate and hadn’t made it very long as they were on my Apex 19 and had just regripped before I switched to the Apex Pro 21. I’m in the standard Apex 21 now, so interested to see if they last a full season. But man such a good feeling with new grips and a new glove.

I practice most of the time with a set of backup irons and that takes most of the wear off my playing set. Typically replace grips on main and practice set annually so I guess that equates to every 6 months if I had only one set

Back