NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just not that good. Had a great year and over achieved but never deserved that much money to begin with.

Kind of sad we have fourth liners making that kind of money in the game and whining about it. Guys who are nothing more than role players, energy line guys or fourth liners who think they should make "way more money".

It always ends badly for them because once they start whining publicly nobody wants the guy whining and moaning in their dressing room and they just disappear.

Last edited:
It's just like any company out there. You make a salary in relation to your field. Sports make a ton of money, there for the athletes make good salaries. I have no problem with an athlete making that kind of money when they are the primary cogs in a multi billion dollar organization. I don't think it's disgusting at all. What's disgusting is CEO's making multiple millions of dollars a year while employing workers in other countries making sickening wages that would be illegal in this country just so they can make a few more dollars to put towards a new vacation home.

Athletes are no different than any other entertainment industry. Movie stars and musicians and such make just as much money if not more.

I wouldn't have any issues seeing athletes make less so the ticket prices could be less or the employees of the franchise could make more, for what it's worth... But we all know that ain't happenin' any time soon.

Not debating the amount of cash athletes get because it's ludicrous. I can understand why he would be upset, he took less money to stay with a team and then that team turns around and trades him. If I show my loyalty I would expect it to be returned.

That's the joke of it... An okay player makes 2.5 mill a year and suddenly it's a big old discount and we should feel sorry for him.

There's a reason why players have the option of NTCs. If they want to sign at a discount, awesome -- Launch the NTC at the team and celebrate. It's his own dumb fault for not going to the table with that in the first place.

Signing at a hometown discount without a no trade is the epitome of stupidity.
He needs a new agent.

Seems cool that the World Cup of Hockey will be back next Fall.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=778433&navid=nhl:topheads

I just wonder how this will effect NHL training camps? I am definitely looking forward to the competition.

The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is Team North America with the under 23 guys. I like the national rivalry and rather them not join up. Team Europe on the other hand is a great idea and with the studs like Kopitar can actually compete and have a chance to win.

The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is Team North America with the under 23 guys. I like the national rivalry and rather them not join up. Team Europe on the other hand is a great idea and with the studs like Kopitar can actually compete and have a chance to win.

Yeah I saw that also and thought it was odd to put those guys all together, why not just do a U 23 tournament?

So honest question, Voynov's situation vs Kane's. Voynov was suspended immediately way before his guilt was determined one way or the other. Kane has not been. Other than star power, what is the difference?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw that also and thought it was odd to put those guys all together, why not just do a U 23 tournament?

Nobody would care enough. Looks like your going to have to wait to see Eichel in the red white and blue can't believe he is going to be teammates with McSavior.

Nobody would care enough. Looks like your going to have to wait to see Eichel in the red white and blue can't believe he is going to be teammates with McSavior.

Makes sense. I would watch it though haha

So honest question, Voynov's situation vs Kane's. Voynov was suspended immediately way before his guilt was determined one way or the other. Kane has not been. Other than star power, what is the difference?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

US citizen vs immigrant on a visa? Maybe Bettman is trying to do his best Godell impersonation.

I think Moose and Ghost drink Coors as well. Marty is a habs fan so he can stay in Quebec.:alien:
Haha

How cool would a live draft for fantasy be? Damn a guy can dream

Marty likes fancy beers

Haha

How cool would a live draft for fantasy be? Damn a guy can dream

I think we might have enough to drink and fight over who gets to pick Dale Hunter when he was a Nordique.

I think we might have enough to drink and fight over who gets to pick Dale Hunter when he was a Nordique.
Oh you know I would be fighting dirty for that pick haha

Oh you know I would be fighting dirty for that pick haha

That's right because we all know he was garbage as a Crapital.:banana:

Boom...and the season hasn't even started yet.

That's right because we all know he was garbage as a Crapital.:banana:

Boom...and the season hasn't even started yet.
Damn, well played. I like it though I will be nice and sharp for when the season starts.

He was great at cross checking from behind...

Damn, well played. I like it though I will be nice and sharp for when the season starts.

He was great at cross checking from behind...

November 21st. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back