Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread alone has tipped me to cheering for Alabama and I dont want to do that.

This is an interesting paragraph in the story....Bias perhaps

Thank you to Jake Simons for this piece. Jake Simons currently resides in South Bend, Ind. and is in his second year of teaching 5th grade. Aside from teaching Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, and Lifeskills, Jake imposes his love for the Fighting Irish on young, impressionable minds. His wife often wonders about his devout passion for Notre Dame, to which he responds (in his best Lou Holtz impersonation), “no explanation will suffice.”
Chutting along

Hahahahaha.

I wish ND fans would go back in to obscurity.

They will after they lose to BAMA. Roll Tide!!!

Tapatalking on my iPad

This thread alone has tipped me to cheering for Alabama and I dont want to do that.

That is the only reason I am cheering for bama, ND fans....

Don't worry Dev, there's room on the bandwagon for you...we'll just scoot Ddec over a bit. :act-up:

It is very Pro-Te'o. Sorry your boy didn't win it, but he shouldn't have. He's an average linebacker and definitely not the best player in College Football.
Thats interesting you see because the maxwell and the walter are both decided with the help of head coaches. And those awards are both for best player in the country. And whats really funny is manti won them both. The heisman is the only award out of the 3 that is made up by a majority of sports writers and no head coaches.
It's easy, Jrod. He doesnt play for ND. If he did, without a doubt he wins and deserves it.
wow. sure id like to see my guy win, but to say that is ridiculous. I personally believe klein deserved that much more than johnny. One win against alabama does not mean he deserves the heisman. I would think you sec homers could look and see that his numbers against good sec teams are not outstanding. Especially with 2 losses.

Lets be honest here though, the heisman is an offensive award and a popularity contest. Had texas a&m lost to bama, he wouldnt of even been looked at.

Johnny!!! Just heard he won the Heisman, booooom!!!!! Best player in the country IMO.

You also have to consider why that kid was so emotional. Not only were they driving for the possible win when the fumble occurred, but he was a four year starter who may have just played his last game for Army.

If anyone ever gets the chance to go to the Army Navy game don't pass it up. It may not be the absolute best football in the country, but the amount of Pride and heart that is displayed there is Would rival if not exceed any big name program It's an experience you won't ever forget

On my bucket list to attend one of these games in person. As the announcers said the easiest thing those players do is play football. True student athletes plus a lot more.

I was bored today and got to thinking.

If Ohio St was eligible do you think they would be playing ND in the NC?

I know they aren't the second best team in the country and I'm just curious. Don't be a douche and turn this in to a flame fest.

I know they aren't the second best team in the country and I'm just curious. Don't be a douche and turn this in to a flame fest.

I do. They're undefeated too. Their schedule isn't that strong but I do think they'd be #2 at this point.

honestly, I think OSU would have been left out of the NC game even if they were eligible. The Big Ten has been pretty bad this season, and the SEC has the media behind them. Maybe OSU would have kept ND from the NC game (although I doubt it), but a one-loss Bama would still be in the game over one of those schools.

Auburn aded Coach Charlie Harbison from Clemson, made it official today. Hell of a recruiter and a great secondary coach. I am PUMPED to have him at AU in the Orange and Blue!

Auburn aded Coach Charlie Harbison from Clemson, made it official today. Hell of a recruiter and a great secondary coach. I am PUMPED to have him at AU in the Orange and Blue!

Lame. Though I don't even know who he is.

We just picked up Tommy Thigpen from y'all today.

He's an excellent recruiter. The coaching part is a little in question. Clemson's DBs have been -ahem- substandard the last few seasons. There has been some rumblings that Harbison may move to an admin position after the season.

With that said, it's Clemson's loss and Auburn's gain. Recruits seem to love coach "Cheese."

We just picked up Tommy Thigpen from y'all today.
Coach Thig is an awesome guy, great addition to the UT staff.
He's an excellent recruiter. The coaching part is a little in question. Clemson's DBs have been -ahem- substandard the last few seasons. There has been some rumblings that Harbison may move to an admin position after the season.

With that said, it's Clemson's loss and Auburn's gain. Recruits seem to love coach "Cheese."

Yes they do, and I am hoping we can steal Kearse back from Clemson.

Coach Thig is an awesome guy, great addition to the UT staff.

Sounds like he is. Sounds like he is a great recruiter as well. I'm sure y'all weren't happy to see him go.

Sounds like he is. Sounds like he is a great recruiter as well. I'm sure y'all weren't happy to see him go.

Actually, he was fired. Not the best linebacker coach, had trouble coaching them up. We had talent at the linebacker spot, but there was no development.

Actually, he was fired. Not the best linebacker coach, had trouble coaching them up. We had talent at the linebacker spot, but there was no development.

Well when a head coach is fired pretty much everyone is fired. So I don't hold that against him. Good thing it was the linebackers that weren't developing too, because he was you guys safeties coach if in not mistaken. Then again, I don't know where their development was at either. :wink:

Well when a head coach is fired pretty much everyone is fired. So I don't hold that against him. Good thing it was the linebackers that weren't developing too, because he was you guys safeties coach if in not mistaken. Then again, I don't know where their development was at either. :wink:

He initially was hired to coach safeties, after 2 years of one if the worst pass defenses in the country, we hired a new secondary coach and Thig was moved to linebackers.

They would be playing the only other undefeated team in the nation. And then tOSU would win!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

He initially was hired to coach safeties, after 2 years of one if the worst pass defenses in the country, we hired a new secondary coach and Thig was moved to linebackers.

Ahhh. I got you. I wonder what it is that he had that Coach Butch was interested in then. Recruiting ties???

Ahhh. I got you. I wonder what it is that he had that Coach Butch was interested in then. Recruiting ties???

Great recruiter, Trooper got alot of the glory, but I always heard Thigpen was one of our top recruiters.

Not trying to be a douche, but I think that things might have played out a bit differently had tOSU had hopes for a National Championship title.

There's a saying that the most dangerous man is the one with nothing to lose. Ohio State has been dangerous all year without a doubt. But they've had nothing to lose. They've had no reason to "play not to lose". It's made them a better team for sure. But it's also made them play a type of ball that they might not have played had they been in the spotlight as an NC hopeful.

Chances are still strong that they'd have won out, but definitely less likely. Of course we will never know though, and that sucks.

Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back