Bag Boy Quad Push Cart Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Viewed by some a walking golfer’s crutch, the push cart is becoming a staple of the walking golfer’s repertoire. No longer are pull or push carts a squeaky piece of steel that you delicately balance your precious clubs on. They’re becoming as technologically advanced as your clubs and have as many features as the bag carrying said clubs. When I received the Bag Boy Quad Push Cart for review I was excited to see what the latest in push cart technology had to offer. I’ve never owned a push or pull cart and in the past when I walked to play a round of golf I’ve just carried the bag like many others. Did this push cart make me want to give up the motorized cart and become a newly reborn walking golfer? Check it out.

Read on Here

I like how cart companies continue to try and further simplify the folding process. Its necessary to help the older folks stick with the game.

Excellent review, I especially like how the BB Quad's wheels are all oversized. With 4 wheels this unit should be very stable.

Good review! Sounds a lot like the sun mountain microcart? How do they compare?

Good review, but why don't you show it folded up all the way? Pull the gray handle to fold it up like you did, but then release the lever for adjusting the handle height, and the handle will fold down flat on the rest of the unit so it takes up a lot less room than it shows in your pictures.

I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with the Sun Microcart personally but if you do a search on the site for it you'll see fellow tester Hawk did a review on the Sun Microcart

Good review! Sounds a lot like the sun mountain microcart? How do they compare?

Sorry, I just didn't

Good review, but why don't you show it folded up all the way? Pull the gray handle to fold it up like you did, but then release the lever for adjusting the handle height, and the handle will fold down flat on the rest of the unit so it takes up a lot less room than it shows in your pictures.

Here's mine with the handle folded down. It makes it even more compact.

Cart.jpg

Thanks for the thorough review, Todd. I'm a fan of the four-wheel system and would be interested in seeing my car and this cart side by side for comparison. Did you get a chance to try out the umbrella holder? One issue I had with my cart is that the holder wasn't over the bag enough to really protect it. Is that an issue with this cart?

Thats what I was wondering. I was curious as to how small it folded up to. thanks for the pic of yours dway.

Nice review Hanks! I hope you're not talking from experience when you say as long as you don't take your frustrations out on your cart it will last as long as your driver! Hehe. I recently reviewed a push cart myself so I was interested in the differences between the two, I like the zippered pocket feature with this one. It really seems like a great option, thanks for the review!

Funny you say that and I neglected to put that in my review. The umbrella holder is able to be put almost anywhere on the handle however the angle of the holder itself promotes more side coverage than over the top coverage. almost like you may have to walk to the side of your cart while pushing it. And if the rain isn't coming straight down and more from the side you're going to be in trouble too.

Thanks for the thorough review, Todd. I'm a fan of the four-wheel system and would be interested in seeing my car and this cart side by side for comparison. Did you get a chance to try out the umbrella holder? One issue I had with my cart is that the holder wasn't over the bag enough to really protect it. Is that an issue with this cart?

Not at all man. Rotella and me are one now. lol

Nice review Hanks! I hope you're not talking from experience when you say as long as you don't take your frustrations out on your cart it will last as long as your driver! Hehe. I recently reviewed a push cart myself so I was interested in the differences between the two, I like the zippered pocket feature with this one. It really seems like a great option, thanks for the review!

Get a bigger umbrella?

Great Review Hanks!
That thing looks like the Limo of push/pull carts.

We need the Bag Boy v Clic Gear throw down. They both look like great alternatives at the same price point.

Just bought my wife (Little Bertha) this cart for her birthday and she loves it. We walk a lot and she found pull carts to require more effort to use and to place a minor strain on her back from reaching behind herself all the time. She is in love with this one!

I have a three wheel push cart and when it's time to replace I will definitely want to go with a four wheel model. Either this one or the one Ryan reviewed a while back both look like decent carts. Price is a obstacle, 200 bucks for a cart seems a little high but like you said, it's built to last. My only problem is that when I replace one I will be replacing two! So price becomes a little more important.

replace yours first Smalls hehehe

I have a three wheel push cart and when it's time to replace I will definitely want to go with a four wheel model. Either this one or the one Ryan reviewed a while back both look like decent carts. Price is a obstacle, 200 bucks for a cart seems a little high but like you said, it's built to last. My only problem is that when I replace one I will be replacing two! So price becomes a little more important.

I really like how adjustable the handle is on this cart, you can position it dang near anywhere and it locks in place well. No issues with your clubs covering the score card area and that's nice.

We need the Bag Boy v Clic Gear throw down. They both look like great alternatives at the same price point.

The folding alone knocks the click out in my opinion.

That was a great review!! Sounds like this cart has everything!! If I were in the market for a push cart, I think this would be at the top of my list!!

The folding alone knocks the click out in my opinion.

How so? the clic folds up smaller than this does. Bag Boy Quad = 24" x 17" x 16"
Clicgear 3.0 = 13" x 15" and 24"

I think he means that there are several more steps involved with folding and unfolding the Clicgear vs the BB Quad. You are only talking a few seconds extra so I don't think it's really a big deal, but there a few more steps involved.

Gotcha

Back