The Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles

itsshowtime

Reaction score
Handicap
take your waterproofs, dont get caught with a camera or your phone and have fun watching the pros play the game the way it should be..

ive got a weekend pass but not sure if i can make it as im playing sunday and have my daugher on saturday..might try and convince her to go with me, we shall see.

reckon simon khan will do well, and monty always does ok at gleneagles..

Think I'll be making the trip to see some of this. Probably on the Saturday, as it's the only day I have free for it!

I'd pack some snacks, some waterproofs (as Brian said), and some sun cream (ok, just being optimistic!). Most of all, have fun. Don't put too much importance on following the crowds and the fancied players, just pick a spot for a while and watch a couple of groups play through. There is plenty of time to make your way round.

iv just backed a few players for a top 5 finisih to make the viewing a little more exciting.

Monty 125/1
Dyson 18/1
Lane 125/1
Bjorn 66/1

fingers crossed i can win my entry for the weekend back !

Good odds on Monty and Barry Lane! Monty seems to do well here. Looking forward to going up to see this.

i won't be making it,my friend was caddying yesterday for the practise rounds but i'm not sure who it was for.i haven't been to a pro event since the open way back in either 1997 or 1998.

Really odd incident with Olazabal which cost him 2 shots - his ball was sitting semi plugged on the wet fairway, and he hacked it out, and he though it had just popped out 3 yards. He didn't see that his ball had actually flown 100+ yards down the fairway, and the ball that popped out in front of him must have been plugged UNDER his ball!

He then played the one he thought was his - and picked up a 2 shot penalty... Harsh - but I guess he played a ball that wasn't his, so...

Euro Tour Site

Garrido is just crapping the bed. I hope Bjorn wins.

5-way playoff! Never seen that before...

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

iv just backed a few players for a top 5 finisih to make the viewing a little more exciting.

Monty 125/1
Dyson 18/1
Lane 125/1
Bjorn 66/1

fingers crossed i can win my entry for the weekend back !

Well looks like your man Bjorn won! Congrats buddy

Great finish by Bjorn, on the 5th playoff hole to hit a 7 iron from the 1st cut to 3 feet was one of the best shots I've seen. Tremendous...

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Went up on the Saturday and I think got the best of the weather. Was a good day and got to follow round a couple of the mid-table groups. Followed Joel Sjoholm (named after the nicest house on the new estate), and Alistair Forsyth for a while. Forsyth was having a nightmare, really playing badly and looking glum. Contrasted by Joel, who was laughing with the crowd and generally having fun out there. He was 3 under after 3 holes, then 1 under after 6, then 4 under through 14....I don't think I saw him have a par! Big shout to his stripey socks and funky shoes too.

Also followed the young Scottish amateur James Byrne. Hopefully this boy has a big future ahead. He can certainly strike a ball! Seemed to be at home in the company and since he plays off +6, should have the tools to make it!

Back