JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Do we have any archers here? I have been shooting for a few years. I will start competing this year.

I shoot a PSE Mach 8 at 70 lbs of pull. 100 grain tips with blazer vanes.

Use to shoot open class in the IBO , best score 298 out of 300, had a PSE with the long stabilizer, scope ,big fat aluminun arrows , prior to the big carbon arrow push, tried Bowhunter class , but around here if you didn't shoot 300 with a bunch of x's you didn't stand a chance. Not sure why just lost intrest, sold the compition bow put my hunting bow in a case and hung it in my closet. It and the big 10 pointer it took are more or less colecting dust. Maybe some day I take up bowhunting again.

Do we have any archers here? I shoot a PSE.

FELLOW PSE BROTHER!!! WOOT WOOT I shoot a PSE Stinger (2011 Model) 60# pull for hunting, Gold tip XT Hunter Arrows and 100 grain Spitfire expandable broadheads. Duravanes and the NAP quik-fletches rock too!

FELLOW PSE BROTHER!!! WOOT WOOT I shoot a PSE Stinger (2011 Model) 60# pull for hunting, Gold tip XT Hunter Arrows and 100 grain Spitfire expandable broadheads. Duravanes and the NAP quik-fletches rock too!

NIIIIIICE. I had some gold tip pros back in my early days, that way I would have no excuses if I missed. Gold tips are the best arrows money can buy.

My Mach 8 still get some serious FPS.

How fast are we talking? My dad's EVO shoots about 325 FPS I believe

To be honest, I don't know. Right now, as is, I am getting around 290-300. I can get 325 out of it. I don't like the feel of 80 lb draw though.

Thats pretty good still. The stinger gets 280. Love it:) can't wait for October Bow season....

Thats pretty good still. The stinger gets 280. Love it:) can't wait for October Bow season....

I hunt with a crossbow, but a Compound is more fun to shoot. Do you have silencers on your string? Since I plan on shooting target, I took mine off. Sounds like a shot gun, but I am leaving no accuracy on the table.

I have a High Country Supreme XL somewhere in my basement. There used to be an awesome indoor range here but it went the way of the Dodo years ago.

I have a High Country Supreme XL somewhere in my basement. There used to be an awesome indoor range here but it went the way of the Dodo years ago.

I wish there was one around here. In Hubbertville, we learn outside.

Get this, we had an official high school team at my school 5 years ago. Had it for one year, and shut it down due to funding. We won Nationals that year.

I hunt with a crossbow, but a Compound is more fun to shoot. Do you have silencers on your string?

I have both a vibracheck String Surpressor
vibracheck-backstop-long.jpg

And a fuse Enduro Stabilizer
Fuse-Enduro.jpg

I have both a vibracheck String Surpressor
vibracheck-backstop-long.jpg

And a fuse Enduro Stabilizer
Fuse-Enduro.jpg

Nice.

I just talked to the guy who is coaching this years team. I was incorrect. Not only did we win nationals 5 years ago, but every year since then, using an unofficial team.

You ever shoot an arrow straight up in the air and then stand perfectly still until it comes down?

Kevin

You ever shoot an arrow straight up in the air and then stand perfectly still until it comes down?

Kevin

Yup, if you look closely at my avatar, you can see the broken arrow sticking from the top of my head.

Nah, but I have shot it at a 45 degree angle. Little low powered bow, still went 200 yards. I don't want to think about how far my PSE would send it.

Kevin

lol... dont forget the apple on the head

id love to try bow fishing... that looks totally cool

It's been 7 years or so since I picked up a bow but I was one small step below Olympic levels at the time. Just needed to shot my 6000 round and that would have been it but then I was seduced by footie and that was that.

I miss archery though. Of all the things that brings clean and focused thoughts to the fore, that was it.

It's been 7 years or so since I picked up a bow but I was one small step below Olympic levels at the time. Just needed to shot my 6000 round and that would have been it but then I was seduced by footie and that was that.

I miss archery though. Of all the things that brings clean and focused thoughts to the fore, that was it.

I know what you mean man. It is a very relaxing motion.

1- breathe in
2- pull
3- breathe out
4- aim
5- release

Lot more relaxing than golf, lol.

Indeed it is mate.

I also find that it's easier to get in the zone and just stay there while you do your thing. It's the one thing I admire about pro golfers the most as how they have to be in the zone, play a hole or half a hole then wave to the crowd, sign an autograph and then turn back on.

Indeed it is mate.

I also find that it's easier to get in the zone and just stay there while you do your thing. It's the one thing I admire about pro golfers the most as how they have to be in the zone, play a hole or half a hole then wave to the crowd, sign an autograph and then turn back on.

Yeah.

Back when you shot, did you just kinda tune stuff out when you drew the string? My whole world just kinda gets put on mute. I am fine between shots though.

Everything was blanked out when I shot to the point where I wouldn't eat, drink or hear people talking in anything but that Charlie Brown murmer. I'm really glad my coach at the time was the same way and knew when I needed a break.

Being able to snap in and out like that is a skill I really wish I had and it's something you apply to pretty much anything mate. It'll stand you in good stead in nearly anything you do.

I cannot recall at any point in my life shooting an arrow. Might have to put this one on a bucket list or something.

I cannot recall at any point in my life shooting an arrow. Might have to put this one on a bucket list or something.

It is exhilarating and calming at the same time. You have this remarkable amount of energy stored, ready to be unleashed by the smallest twitch of your fingers. The subtle creak and whir of the bow being pulled is addictive. Learning to judge things like wind and distance provides a mental challenge unlike any other. When you release the arrow, see it, briefly, flying on the line you intended, and hearing the pleasing thump as it buries itself into the target, there is a catharsis of sorts going on. When you execute your shot well, you know it without even seeing the bolt land.

It is exhilarating and calming at the same time. You have this remarkable amount of energy stored, ready to be unleashed by the smallest twitch of your fingers. The subtle creak and whir of the bow being pulled is addictive. Learning to judge things like wind and distance provides a mental challenge unlike any other. When you release the arrow, see it, briefly, flying on the line you intended, and hearing the pleasing thump as it buries itself into the target, there is a catharsis of sorts going on. When you execute your shot well, you know it without even seeing the bolt land.

With that explanation, it just moved up some serious numerous notches on the bucket list.

You guys be careful with archery, make sure your bows are always in tip top shape!
On another forum I'm on, one of our most treasured members lost his life when a compound bow he was firing literally exploded and a piece of it became lodged in his head.

With that explanation, it just moved up some serious numerous notches on the bucket list.

Its awesome man.

You guys be careful with archery, make sure your bows are always in tip top shape!
On another forum I'm on, one of our most treasured members lost his life when a compound bow he was firing literally exploded and a piece of it became lodged in his head.

Yeah, I have heard some horror stories.

Back