Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
I just want to know what everyone thinks of the G20 line-driver, woods, or irons.

I just recieved my G20 4 wood (16.5*) and went to the range to hit it. While I do have a very low launch angle (9-10* with a 10.5* driver), I had trouble getting it off the ground much, even off the tee. That surprised me a lot because one of the biggest things they advertised about it was exterior weighting to get a high launch more easily, and Ping has never let me down before.

I'm just looking for feedback on the whole line to see if others are as disappointed as I am. I'm going to take a lesson to try to improve my launch angle but I just want to hear how others hit them.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I hit the irons some last week. They were exactly what is advertised, very forgiving clubs. I hit them consistently with a real high ball flight. I just don't think I could get used to the large sole and cavity.

I hit the irons some last week. They were exactly what is advertised, very forgiving clubs. I hit them consistently with a real high ball flight. I just don't think I could get used to the large sole and cavity.

That's interesting. The woods were forgoving as well- I hit the ball closer to the toe of the clubs and still got a lot of distance (not good ball flight though).

---

I just want to know what everyone thinks of the G20 line-driver, woods, or irons.

I just recieved my G20 4 wood (16.5*) and went to the range to hit it. While I do have a very low launch angle (9-10* with a 10.5* driver), I had trouble getting it off the ground much, even off the tee. That surprised me a lot because one of the biggest things they advertised about it was exterior weighting to get a high launch more easily, and Ping has never let me down before.

I'm just looking for feedback on the whole line to see if others are as disappointed as I am. I'm going to take a lesson to try to improve my launch angle but I just want to hear how others hit them.

---

Were you fit for the club? I hit both a 10.5 degree driver and the 3 wood late last week at my home course and the ball flight was pretty high for me, and both clubs were very easy to hit.

For some reason I just don't like how the Ping clubs look. I'm sure they're comparable to all the other major brands but I just don't see myself buying them at all.

---
Were you fit for the shaft? Maybe the shaft isn't right for your swing. That could cause the low ball flight.

I wasn't fit for the club, and the shaft is stock stiff, which seems rights for me as my swing speed is 104 or so with the wood. I understand that getting fit for it would be better, but even stock it should get high because I hit it high with driver and hybrid which are both shaft. Maybe I just have to take some more swings with it and tweak the way I swing it a bit.

---

I wasn't fit for the club, and the shaft is stock stiff, which seems rights for me as my swing speed is 104 or so with the wood. I understand that getting fit for it would be better, but even stock it should get high because I hit it high with driver and hybrid which are both shaft. Maybe I just have to take some more swings with it and tweak the way I swing it a bit.

---

Lot more to a shaft fitting than just swingspeed. One OEM's stiff is anothers regular.

Lot more to a shaft fitting than just swingspeed. One OEM's stiff is anothers regular.

also shaft profile plays a HUGE roll, its not just stiff, reg, xstiff etc..

Okay thanks guys. I don't know much about shafts except for the flex and material. I didn't get it fitted to me because that cost extra and I am just a poor high school student. I guess I will just have to deal with what I have. Or I could return it and spend the money to be fitted for a new one.

---

if you're doing this then the shaft could be twisting as well which would lead to ball flight issues, etc. I'd check stance, tee height, and ball position to see if you have an increase in performance.
If the shafts are the same as the 15 series (which I think they are) I think PING is missing the boat again when it comes to upgraded stock shafts

That's interesting. The woods were forgoving as well- I hit the ball closer to the toe of the clubs and still got a lot of distance (not good ball flight though).

---

if you're doing this then the shaft could be twisting as well which would lead to ball flight issues, etc. I'd check stance, tee height, and ball position to see if you have an increase in performance.
If the shafts are the same as the 15 series (which I think they are) I think PING is missing the boat again when it comes to upgraded stock shafts

I tweaked it a lot- hit 3 buckets of balls with this club and tried all sorts of things. It got slightly better but still not the optimal ball flight.

---

I just hit the G20 driver and I'm in love. Ive never been a big Ping fan but the feel, spin and distance I was getting was great. I was hitting the 9.5 stiff shaft with a SS of 119 spin rate of 2900 and distance over 15 shots avg. 298. Most were dead down the middle or slightly of center. Just unreal. Time to start saving.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Back