graphite design shafts

AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
right now i have the standard orange ping shaft in my g10. i have an aldila nvs in my 3 wood and an nv in my hybrid. they are decent shafts but i hate the way they feel. i really liked my v2 highlaunch in my old driver, but i dont want to use that same shaft again because with my swing now, i would hit it too high. i am considering getting a v2 put in my driver and also getting a new 3 wood and 5 wood with v2s as well. i am kind of shaft shopping though and i stumbled upon graphite design. the shaft that would fit my needs best is the ysQ. just wondering if anybody plays this shaft, and if so, can you give me a small review?

anybody even play graphite design shafts?

AK, your original thread has gone on for to long without a response. I'll chime in and try to help you out.

graphite design is a really interesting company, they offer a WIDE range of products.

You will have a few options, but since I don't know your swing specs it's a little difficult to do this. As someone who uses the UST V2 I cannot praise this shaft enough. I take it you are looking for a standard, boring ball flight if you are concerned with high spin rates.

You can achieve this through a shaft selection but also a weight/torgue decision. Check out the Quattro Tech in 75 gram versions for that ball flight. Unfortunately the Quattro Tech and AD series will set you back some serious coin. I have personally used the Quattro Tech, in a friends driver, and I can tell you it is a serious shaft. Softer tip than than the V2 but amazing control... unlike the YS6+, a common shaft out there, which may be the softest "stiff" shaft ever made.

thanks. and ya i know the quattro will decrease my life savings by a substantial amount haha. i opted to get a 907 d2 with a ysQ on somewhat of a whim, good price + good shaft = new driver for me. I have played with a v2 highlanch before but never the straight up v2. i have heard good things and i assume its the same as a highlaunch, yet a little heavier and with a lower ballflight. my questions about the ys6 were more to get a general idea about the most common gd shaft, not necessarily in a search for a decision making answer. another thing that really convinced me to get a ysQ instead of a v2, which was definately an option, was that the v2 is less than half the price of the ysQ therefore if I decide that I would rather have a v2, it is a lot cheaper for me to get than if I wanted a ysQ. I swing around 100, lately is been right at that because its cold and I dont swing for the fences, but last summer I was clocked at as high as 109. so we will just say I average low 100's.

oh and another question. I know u play the v2 in your driver, but you have a ys6 in your 3 wood. how do you like the ys6 in the 3 wood?

I play the ys6 in my 3 wood because its a little softer. I have to be VERY careful though... the softeness allows me to turn the 3 wood hard over to the left side if it is needed but I need to be careful with the ball flight.

the 3 wood was a gift and I never went about reshafting, not the shaft of my choice but it can get the job done

AK - which shaft is in your driver now?

TFC 129?

Stiff or Regular?

I'm looking for a TFC 129 stiff, full length to replace the V2 that's in my driver currently. If it's stiff flex, and not cut down, providing you can get it out without damage, I'd be interested in it.

ya i have the tfc 129. i will have to get back to you on that because I would sell it to you right now, if it wasnt for my dad saying he was going to start using the g10. i will ask him if he wouldnt mind using a stiff v2 highlaunch or a regular grafalloy blue, cuz those are the only 2 shafts in my garage. let me get back to you on that. maybe we could even trade.

and DD, i see what you mean about the 3 wood

Back