The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golfers will be riding and not walking in this and no caddies will be used. I think it would be fun, but in the end, we have to work with the resort to make things work.
I also think following the groups with the "media" will be just as much fun as playing. See some of the crazy interviews people have to do, etc....

So if we come down to join in the fun, will there be a "media" center we can gather in to watch the event or will we do like at a PGA event and stragetically place ourselves on the course so we can jump holes to watch as much live golf as possible?

So if we come down to join in the fun, will there be a "media" center we can gather in to watch the event or will we do like at a PGA event and stragetically place ourselves on the course so we can jump holes to watch as much live golf as possible?

The latter, but the best part is, that the group will be fairly close together. So jumping around wont be too difficult.

I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night....this is gonna be a long 5 months!

I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night....this is gonna be a long 5 months!

I kept waking up in the middle of the night too! Before that, I told my wife that I got in, and she read all of the details of the tournament. She kept saying "that's really cool!". Then this morning, we heard on the radio that the weather should be great tomorrow...she says to me "are you going to play golf? You have to start practicing for that tournament!" That's why I love her. :D

I know teams haven't been chosen yet but I have to say now that I am on my man P4B side. I watched him destroy a tough course last weekend. He has fire in his eyes and anyone who opposes him better beware.
Thanks buddy, I was hoping you'd make it in as well and after seeing all those notes you took I know you were prepared! I'll do my absolute best down there that's for sure!

Because I had some time on my hands this morning, I decided to put up the handicaps of all of the participants. It's a nice range among the players, and I expect all of these numbers will be lower by the time the tournament occurs. All of the handicaps came from what is listed in the members' profiles on here.

TC – 4.7
biggsy - 8
coolbreeze - 12
Esox – 8ish
adwillingham - 15
AHA – 3
Yoccos1981 – 16.1
rbelbin - 8
Puttin4bird – 6.4
One-T - 10
CG 13 – 13.3
Jrod – 8.2
OEM Kevin – 15.3
Ddec0418 - 11
DirtyDawg67 - 9
arydolphin – 10.4

nothing like a morning dose of Macho Man with a side of THP to start the day....

So the beat goes on....

[YOUTUBE]YK7J0jYKpiY[/YOUTUBE]

But back to this, its about EVERYTHING that is good about THP, not just about 16 guys getting gear, however if that is what it means to you, than I believe you are missing the bigger picture of just how special the Morgan Cup is for THP. This should be celebrated by everybody that considers THP more than just a forum or site. Its an event and opportunity that has never been seen or done.

I thought I was here long enough and I thought people knew me well enough to know it was NOT about the equipment. I wanted to be kept put of this thread because I can't talk smack, if I do it's Hundy this and TC that. I like the jokes and I can roll with the punches but they do get a little old, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can appreciate that fact. Don't get me wrong, you laid a beating on me and deserved to talk smack in my direction all day long. But where does it end? Because although it was fun at first, 2 weeks of hundy is well more than enough for me.

Im disappointed about yesterday, but I'm not bitter about it. It's done with, maybe next time. I'll celebrate it and get excited with the rest of them.

From the iPhone.

Interesting fun fact of the day: Bad Rep from some, Good rep from some.

Last edited:
I thought I was here long enough and I thought people knew me well enough to know it was NOT about the equipment. I wanted to be kept put of this thread because I can't talk smack, if I do it's Hundy this and TC that. I like the jokes and I can roll with the punches but they do get a little old, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can appreciate that fact. Don't get me wrong, you laid a beating on me and deserved to talk smack in my direction all day long. But where does it end? Because although it was fun at first, 2 weeks of hundy is well more than enough for me.

Im disappointed about yesterday, but I'm not bitter about it. It's done with, maybe next time. I'll celebrate it and get excited with the rest of them.

From the iPhone.

Clearly not. I give up, some people just cannot handle it. Creativity is where its at!

Its about fun. Its about celebration. Its about THP!

once again congrats to all that made it.....

Puttin4Bird.....you must be on Cloud 9...
Two of the biggest prize package wins that THP has ever offered in the span of a month..

that is just incredible!!!

Because I had some time on my hands this morning, I decided to put up the handicaps of all of the participants. It's a nice range among the players, and I expect all of these numbers will be lower by the time the tournament occurs. All of the handicaps came from what is listed in the members' profiles on here.

TC – 4.7
biggsy - 8
coolbreeze - 12
Esox – 8ish
adwillingham - 15
AHA – 3
Yoccos1981 – 16.1
rbelbin - 8
Puttin4bird – 6.4
One-T - 10
CG 13 – 13.3
Jrod – 8.2
OEM Kevin – 15.3
Ddec0418 - 11
DirtyDawg67 - 9
arydolphin – 10.4
Definitely a good range of players there, I think that if those are relatively accurate we should be able to come up with a very even match up.

Two of the biggest prize package wins that THP has ever offered in the span of a month..

Believe me, I am well aware and VERY appreciative and know how lucky I am for this! Thanks!!

right now my hdcp is goin gthe wrong way!

exactly what I told him yesterday....the trifecta is a winning lottery ticket now.

Good times are going to be had with this event!

Clearly not. I give up, some people just cannot handle it. Creativity is where its at!

Its about fun. Its about celebration. Its about THP!

Clearly not what? Get creative and use something other than hundy, hundy, hundy and I'm sure a little more fun will be had. Feel free to PM me so we don't derail this thread any longer.

Back to the smack!

From the iPhone.

Clearly not what? Get creative and use something other than hundy, hundy, hundy and I'm sure a little more fun will be had.

Back to the smack!

From the iPhone.

Wow, you really want to go down this path. I can talk sh!t at you for hours. You were pale rider before pale rider was cool. You were hundy long before putting up a 28 after 3 playing against me. You were that guy before that guy was known.

Let me ask a question to all of those selected....are you bringing your wife/significant other? I really want my wife to come, I think she'd have fun helping out and being involved and I KNOW she'd love the spa and the other amenities I have seen listed on their website. The kicker is that she'll be alone most of the time while I'm out on the course, but if she's involved that won't really be an issue, and if there are other wives there it would help as well. So let me know so I can prepare my pitch to the wife.

Thanks!

:popcorn:

Junior, You just gonna have to learn to take it man. This is a forum, a place where we chat, share stories, and ultimately, have gotten to know one another. Some of us get together to play golf and some of us have been fortunate in our golfing success and some of us have been unfortunate in our golfing success when playing with each other. JB isn't being personal, he's just giving you the same ribbing that he gives me or he give Jake. It happens man. You are just going to have to grin and bare it.

It sucks getting beat by JB, trust me, I know, but you are just going to have to embrace the banter and the smack talking pal. B/c you can't change the results.

Let me ask a question to all of those selected....are you bringing your wife/significant other? I really want my wife to come, I think she'd have fun helping out and being involved and I KNOW she'd love the spa and the other amenities I have seen listed on their website. The kicker is that she'll be alone most of the time while I'm out on the course, but if she's involved that won't really be an issue, and if there are other wives there it would help as well. So let me know so I can prepare my pitch to the wife.

Thanks!

I was planning on inviting the significant other but the kids go back to school that week I think so its not going to happen. Just bad timing.

Jake,
Two things.

1. Is that thing reinforced.
2. What was going on in that room and why is this picture stuck to the ceiling?

Spoiler
tiger-woods-vanity-fair.preview.jpg

Hey Jake...Call Tiger and ask if you can borrow his beanie because I couldnt see the video at all...all I heard was a Fargo accent and a bright shining light off that bald head.

Just a reminder that later today, all of the Morgan Cup threads will be merged into this one as the main thread. This way as we announce new items for the event, we can have new threads come up for a few days and then continue to merge them into this one so as not to clutter the entire forum.

This week we have some big news of course as Thursday night there will be a thread on sponsorships and who will be sponsored by TaylorMade and/or Callaway Golf.

Then we will follow that up on Friday (moved up) with the official teams and who is on Team Hackers and who is on Team Paradise.

Lots of great fun this week guys.

This week we have some big news of course as Thursday night there will be a thread on sponsorships and who will be sponsored by TaylorMade and/or Callaway Golf.

Then we will follow that up on Friday (moved up) with the official teams and who is on Team Hackers and who is on Team Paradise.

Lots of great fun this week guys.

that is awesome! I can't wait to find out which company I will be representing and which team I will be a part of.

I cant wait to find out the final pieces to the puzzle. And I like that everything will be merged in one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back