I will have one in my hand this Thursday.

Of all the drivers I've tried, I'm still the happiest with the current 907d2. And yes, I do not care for a few things, supposedly in their new lineup those "faults" will be taken care of, i.e. lower laucnh and more roll. If so, you can bet that will be my first purchase in the spring. Oh, and the new Voodoo is supposed to be a smoother version of the current Adila on tehir stock choices.

Of all the drivers I've tried, I'm still the happiest with the current 907d2. And yes, I do not care for a few things, supposedly in their new lineup those "faults" will be taken care of, i.e. lower laucnh and more roll. If so, you can bet that will be my first purchase in the spring. ... .

I'd be interested in how you go with your testing, scooterguitar. If you still like the 907D2 at after you've tested the 909, don't be afraid to keep using it.

I've brought this topic up in other forums, BUT... since this is a new site I will share my opinions once again. I have long been critical of the "designed by titleist" shafts and I was absolutely slammed on other sites for this. The answers I got back sounded like a PR answer directly from Titleist. I have a good friend who runs a local golf shop and he feels that Titleist only offering two shafts, both of which are "designed by" is a big mistake. People can say that the shaft is the same but the fact that Titleist is charging a 150 upcharge for the "non titleist" version says something about the shaft being used. There will be upcharges for all the shafts that were once stock... the V2 and especially the YS+ which is only a 15 upcharge but its sort of principle when you're talking about a $399 driver.

YOu hit the nail on the head DD. No PR here, I promise. Please go to the check in desk and introduce yourself to those that dont know you.

I've brought this topic up in other forums, BUT... since this is a new site I will share my opinions once again. I have long been critical of the "designed by titleist" shafts and I was absolutely slammed on other sites for this. The answers I got back sounded like a PR answer directly from Titleist. I have a good friend who runs a local golf shop and he feels that Titleist only offering two shafts, both of which are "designed by" is a big mistake. People can say that the shaft is the same but the fact that Titleist is charging a 150 upcharge for the "non titleist" version says something about the shaft being used. There will be upcharges for all the shafts that were once stock... the V2 and especially the YS+ which is only a 15 upcharge but its sort of principle when you're talking about a $399 driver.

Hmmm, you make a good point. Very concerning that Titleist would do that. I don't have any experience with "designed by" Titleist shafts. I have a Mitsubishi Diamana in my Nike driver & V2s in my 3 wood and hybrid. I have only good things to say about those two shafts.

Didn't know that! That is a head scratcher, there is so much shaft technology out there today it is odd that a company would only have two shafts available without a major upcharge. I think that would be enough for me to consider more options.

hey JB, what shaft will you have in the 909 your getting? just wondering because i am interested to hear about the voodoo

Dont know yet. I am meeting with the Titleist rep Friday and they will let me know.

mmk. i would probably get a 909 if it wasnt for the upcharge on everyday shafts

dangit, why does the graphite design ysq have to be like 100 bucks upcharge. i will just get a like new 907d2 with the ysq in it for 150. sounds better than 500

That is alot for the Voodoo, yikes! Still, I have no probs with many of the stock shaft options, fo rme it is just finding one that works.

does anybody know why in all the online stores, you can only get the 909f3 with the voodoo, yet the 909f2 has both the voodoo and diamana as options? if this is truly the case then titleist is making me sick because i really want a 909f3 3 wood but with the diamana shaft

does anybody know why in all the online stores, you can only get the 909f3 with the voodoo, yet the 909f2 has both the voodoo and diamana as options? if this is truly the case then titleist is making me sick because i really want a 909f3 3 wood but with the diamana shaft

I don't know why that is the way it is, but you can get the F3 with a Diamana Blueboard.

Direct from the Titleist website Click

ya i went on titleist website earlier to confirm that the diamana was available, its just unfortunate that stores dont have the 3 wood with that shaft yet.

I would say just got to your local Titleist Rep, or Titleist Retailer and just order one with the Diamana

Back