JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you drink on the golf course? I have never been a drinker while out there, so I have always had a Gatorade or something. Curious what everyone else is drinking?

Reason I am asking is we are in talks right now with a cool little company that makes these sport packets. I will let everyone know when I receive the product.

I actually never drink. But if I did, I doubt I would if I was on the course - it dehydrates you and kills the "golf is a sport!" argument. So I'm with you - Gatorade or water.

What are the packets? Gu? We used those ski racing, but man, they sure taste something mighty!

Last edited:
  • Admin
No, they are a really cool fairly new idea. I will have more in the next day or so as soon as I finalize the deal. And if this thing comes in time, I want to send some out to try to every member here.

I take a bottle of water and fill it up whenever we reach a hole that has a cooler on the tee box. Gatorade is good when it's really, really hot. A beer midway through a round (as long as I make it last a couple of holes - - - it gets too warm if it lasts longer than that) is a good refresher for me. But then it's back to the water. Water's my thing, I make sure I drink about 90 to 100 ounces a day. More when I'm outside in the heat.

In hot weather I take a bottle of Gatorade and well as a bottle of water that I froze the day before.......so refreshing.

Now that it's a little cooler in the a.m. I still take water (refrigerated only), but yesterday instead of the Gatorade I take a small thermos of hot chocolate. Was yummy!

Water.

Occasionally add some of those Crystal Light flavor packets (individual size.)

Water, and maybe a diet soda now and then. You should either chew calories or get drunk on them.

• Admin
This product is going to be right up everybodies alley as long as it tastes good.

I actually never drink. I doubt I would if I was on the course though - it dehydrates you and kills the "golf is a sport!" argument. So I'm with you - Gatorade or water.

What are the packets? Gu? We used those ski racing, but man, they sure taste something mighty!

hmm, I seem to recall seeing a pic of you with a 32oz beer....

Usually Gatorade G2 or water for me.

VitaminWater

hmm, I seem to recall seeing a pic of you with a 32oz beer....

Usually Gatorade G2 or water for me.

Yep, that was my bottomless birthday beer from one year. My friend caught a picture of me sniffing it and making a face - I love candid photos! I'd have the waitress refill it, then everyone would pass it around and top off their glasses. After three of these, my brother told me, "you better start acting drunker!" I am the consummate actress.

10 Grogger points? What a loss. :bashful: I'll take those over the years of dumb things I would've done.

I drink a low sugar Monster on the way to the course, then stick with water, or an occasional Diet Coke or Gatorade.

I gave up alcohol a few years back, it turns out, I don't know when-to-say-when, so I quit, rather than land myself in trouble.

Usually it's just water, maybe grab a soda at the turn. When I was younger it was beer from the 1st tee to the 18th (I lived across from the course and would walk home).

It's water for me I'm afraid.

Hitting a little white ball is hard enough without trying to make it harder. :glasses-nerdy:

Well, at my CC (we have summer place right next door...campground) I do drink out there, usually for fun and when we aren't having a serious round. I do hydrate with plenty of water and/or gatorade as well.
Serious round, water is about it.
Now here is the interesting part...as I got bakc into golf this year I was hitting a few buckets of balls almost each day along with playing a round (usually 5 days a week). As I was figuring out my swing I really hurt myself, tore my innercarpals, muscle between the ribs I guess. Two docs told me there was nothing they/I could do, take it easy and time will tell. Few weeks later I was fine...Remember to stretch!
So, what does this story have to do with drinks...My rehab physical therapist gave me strecteches, but also suggested to have a few drinks before or during play...to loosen the muscles and help me relax. He also told me that wa shorrible medical advice, but it does work! So I did and it does:> Maybe 2/5 rounds now I will have 2-3 drinks. It not only helps my body lose the stiffness, but also eases my mindset and I truly do play better. FWIW.

If I tee off first thing in the morning, I usually have my coffee with me on the first couple of holes. Heck, as long as its not hot outside ill drink coffee. Other then that I stick with water.
I find myself every few rounds having a beer if im out with my buddies, but usually only 1 or 2.

Tiger-ade or Mt. Dew or Coke with the occasional water thrown into the mix. But for early morning rounds its Red Bull

Give me an ice-cold Coke and I'm good to go.

If I've got a cart I'll take a "jug" of water with me. I'll drink out of it all day but I'll also pick up a gatorade or beer just for something different.

I'd have to cast a vote for water... nothing really beats it! I have been thinking about finding some Amino Acid mixes for those hot and humid summer days. I pretty much play regardless of the weather so I find myself having to bring a change of clothes because when I have my day off I'm playing 36 regardless of the weather.

Ok, now that we have gotten the meet and greets with the company out of the way, we are about to do a review on a product called Water Sensations. They can be found at www.watersensations.com
We received our initial batch and finished the testing, but I want to hear from the members to see if they like the stuff as much as we do. Right now the only flavor we have is grape, but I will send them to each person that would like one to try. The stuff really is pretty cool. It is a small packet that mixes with water to make a flavored drink.

The neat part is, it is liquid, not powder. No shaking or even stirring was needed. It tasted great and was perfect for a golf bag.
No Sugar
No Carbs
No Calories
I am addicted, but before I do the review, I want input from the THP family.

Back