Central Iowa THP Get-Together

I like the weekend of Oct 8th. I would probably lean toward staying over on Sat night myself, not sure about staying Friday night or driving over from Omaha early Friday morning, I can sort that out though. There has to be some pretty decent golf courses around the Des Moines area so I'm up for whatever is decided upon.

Also, I should just go ahead and state that I have a meeting in Council Bluffs on October 7. Assuming a tee time no later earlier than 10am, I should be good. 15th is wide open for me right now.

I like the looks of Otter Creek as well.

Otter Creek (Ankeny) - http://www.ankenyiowa.gov/Index.aspx?page=1069 supposed to be a great course since it was remodeled (probably not the right word) 3 years ago. I played it prior to the remodel, and it was in good shape, but a bit boring. I'm told the remodel fixed the 'boring' aspects of the course.

Jester Park (Granger) - http://jesterparkgolf.com/ Played this this year. It's an average course as far as fairways go, but nice greens. Very forgiving course, average length as I recall. Also, very reasonably priced.

Beaver Creek Golf (Grimes) - http://www.beavercreek-golf.com/site/ I have to plug this one just because I know the head pro there. I graduated high school with his half or step or normal brother. Never figured that one out. Its been a few years since I've played it, but it is a nice course, and last I knew, you had an option for which back 9 you wanted to play.

The Legacy (Norwalk) - http://www.thelegacygolfclub.com/ I've never played it, but I've heard it's nice. It's also on the expensive side, which is probably why I've never played it.

TCI (Saylorville Lake) - http://www.tcofiowa.com/ Again, I've never played it. It used to be expensive. I'm hoping its still in good shape, I have heard that they have struggled financially the past couple of years.

Blank Golf Course (Des Moines Municpal) - http://www.blankgolfcourse.com/index.html My dark horse recommendation. Everyone I've ever talked to said this was a nice municipal course. But then again, everyone I talk to is used to playing our crappy small town municipal course, or one of our neighboring courses which still has sand greens.

I've played the first three on that list. Been a long time and I think I only played each one once.

Well???

It sounds like we have a couple groups worth of THP'rs interested. Let's shoot for October 8th.

Please give an "I'm in" and what course sounds best to you if you can go.

As it stands right now Oct. 8th will likely not work out for me, I'll still be in training at that point. There's a slight chance, but not too great. Have fun everyone, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Would the 15th work for you, Duey?

Ooh... Damn work keeps me so busy that I don't even know you're gonna play a round in my back yard. I'd be interested but the 8th would be a tough sell to the girlfriend (that's her birthday). We'll see what happens.

I believe my last day there is the 15th, so I could work that out to leave a day early, but sounds like the 8th works better for the others, so go for it.

I'll catch up with all of you in May.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I'M IN

sorry ill be in Mississippi on the 8th for our fall break. Would have loved to meet some THPers!

Neither weekend is better for me than the other. As i have said, if I don't have appointments I'll be there. The earlier it gets decided, the more chance I can work around it. Sounds like the 8th may be a problem for some.

I'M IN (probably).

If it's on the 8th, I don't think I could do a tee off any earlier than 10am, and preferably 11 or 12. I will have to drive from council bluffs that AM to wherever we go. October 15 should be fine at any time.

Also, since I got invited to it (but had to decline, since the tee off time was too early), I know TCI has a golf outing on October 8th. Not sure if it's big enough to take the whole course, but there you go.

I keep hearing good things about otter creek, so there's my vote.

~Rock

I'M IN (probably).

If it's on the 8th, I don't think I could do a tee off any earlier than 10am, and preferably 11 or 12. I will have to drive from council bluffs that AM to wherever we go. October 15 should be fine at any time.

Also, since I got invited to it (but had to decline, since the tee off time was too early), I know TCI has a golf outing on October 8th. Not sure if it's big enough to take the whole course, but there you go.

I keep hearing good things about otter creek, so there's my vote.

~Rock

Hey Rock, I'm working in Council Bluffs a few weeks, may try to connect on a course at some point if you have the time.

Tap,Tap,Tap

8th or 15th work for me, go with what works for the majority is my vote.

Guys-

Lets go for the 15th. Ok?

It sounds like we could get more people that way.

The 15th it is. I will try to keep the weekend open if possible. My ex BIL will also do this if I can make it. SHould be able to.

Bumping this for the day crowd.

The plan now is the 15th of October. I think we should go for Otter Creek in Ankeny since it's affordable and seems very nice. I think we should play 36 and if some folks can't make until later, they can just play the 2nd round with us.

Hey Rock, I'm working in Council Bluffs a few weeks, may try to connect on a course at some point if you have the time.

Tap,Tap,Tap

That could work. Depends if my wife, and our newborn son, are with us. If so, may not work, if not, may be able to get something going October 8 AM. I have no idea what courses are good in CB/Omaha. I'll keep you posted.

Bumping this for the day crowd.

The plan now is the 15th of October. I think we should go for Otter Creek in Ankeny since it's affordable and seems very nice. I think we should play 36 and if some folks can't make until later, they can just play the 2nd round with us.

Day crowd here. October 15 is duly noted, and a much more confident "I'M IN!!!"

~Rock

may leave Wichita Thurs. nite & then try to play Fri. there also. Will head home Sunday mornin

My plan is to go up Friday evening. My buddy Dan has to work until midnight and they are installing a new program at work and he has to be there in case it messes up. He thinks he'll be home around midnight. Luckily he is only 5 or 10 minutes from Otter Creek. Don't know if we'll play one or two rounds. I'll probably stay Saturday night and go home Sunday morning.

That is the hopeful plan.

Hmmmmm. I haven't swung a golf club in about 4 weeks now. Going to have to go and take care of that prior to this outing. Thankfully, the newborn baby craziness is starting to lessen, and I'm able to get out more and more.

Back