Forum Testing - Yonex EZONE Hybrid

Due to the fact that I was chosen to test the Nike VR Pro Combos, I am going to sit this one out. Good luck to all of the people signing up. I am in need of a new hybrid so I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this hybrid. Thank you Yonex and THP for this opportunity.

Thanks to Yonex for putting this club up for testing by the forum.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Currently none, as the HB3's tend to reduce the need for a hybrid. Even so, the 3 and 4 are still the hardest to hit out of all of them, as would be expected. My previous set had the Nickent 4DX hybrids, 3H-6H.
  2. What is your handicap index? 22
  3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I have to like the look. I normally have problems hitting the longer irons so I need a club that will get the ball airborne easily and that I can control the direction it's going! I tend to hit longer clubs into the greens and I like having something that gets a lot of air so it lands softer.
  4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I have never played nor demo'd any Yonex equipment whatsoever. I can't give a positive or negative response to this question.
  5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My wife and I get out usually once a week at the course she works at. This course might be a perfect course for me to use a hybrid as it's not real long and it has very tight fairways. Whenever she is able to get out without me, she will probably remove this club from my bag to use as she has with my 3DX hybrid (she loves hybrids!) and my Niblick. We don't make it out to the range as much as we have in the past, as the days when we are both off work we try to play instead. This will definitely get more course time than range time as our course doesn't have a driving range. If I am home I am usually on THP. I don't post much (haha) but try to give my opinions and help out when I can.

Last edited:
1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I do not have one. My golf instructor has said it would be a smart move, though.
2. What is your handicap index? 19.6 Handicap per oobGolf. No index until I switch to USGA.
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I want(to test) a hybrid that is easy to use. Has good to great distance. Can be used in a variety of lies. Does not require a "new swing'"
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I played their tennis rackets years ago; I assume their golf will be great, too!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I am on here more & more each week. I am playing 3 times a week or more at my local club. I look forward to trying the EZONE off the tee( I often use my 2 iron now). I tend to find all areas of our course, so I expect to try the EZONE from hard pan, rough, fairway, and perhaps even around the green.

1. What hybrid do you currently play? None currently in the market for one
2. What is your current handicap index? ~20
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Something that will really aid my game, I always have had difficulty playing fairway woods and my hope is that a hybrid/utility club could aid my game in closing that gap that is left between my driver and long irons
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? No first hand experience but I have seen their product and have only heard good things.
5. Tell us about your testing plan and activity level on THP? As a new member to the boards I plan on increasing my activity as it is, but something like this could really help my involvement. As far a product testing, I would add this club to my current routine and hopefully gain success from use of the club. Currently I play at least 2-3 rounds per week and hit the range once or twice. Being a college student I frequently pass time in my day on Facebook and this site reading and posting, so it would not be an inconvenience for me to have to do a write up of sorts on the product.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I'm currently in the market for hybrids, and hopefully this well help me.
2. What is your handicap index? 8
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Forgiveness and workability.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I've always been intrigued by Yonex equipment. I know that Monty plays it, but personally I've never hit it, or even seen it to be honest.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Well although I only average 3-4 posts a day, I am always on THP. I play golf in some form at least 5 days a week. I also play a lot of courses where driver is too much off the tee, so a hybrid would be nice. Whether I'm on the range or on the course, this hybrid would be worked often with daily updates following (I just got Tapatalk) so I could definitely provide multiple unbiased feedback.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I have a 20degree Cobra Baffler from a few years ago. I used to love it. Now it forsakes me.
2. What is your handicap index? I am probably playing to an 18 these days after a long long layoff from golf
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I think all the longer clubs comes to confidence. So first, how it looks at address. If I think I can hit it, I stand a better chance of doing so. Second, a high, soft-landing ball flight. I'd like to better use my hybrids on long par 4s to hit the green and not roll off the back.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I'm glad they have comeback to the US market. I grew up using their rackets to play tennis, so I know Yonex knows their graphite and probably make great shafts, although I have swung one.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Now that I'm back to playing, I try to go to the range three times a week and play 9 during the week and hopefully a full 18 or an executive 18 on the weekend. Right now, I'm checking THP everyday since I found it a few weeks ago and recently signed up as a member. Living in LA, tee times can be a pain.

Even if I don't get to test this, I'm very happy Yonex is back to the market and using THP to get the word out. Great job!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play?
I play a Ping i15 20 degree hybrid with stiff ust axivcore shaft.

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What do you look for in a hybrid?

I look for a club which can bridge the gap between my driver and my 2 iron.
I don't carry a 3 wood and I like to have somthing which flies higher than my 2 iron but also goes slightly longer, to give me some versatility from the tee and for longer approach shots.

4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment?

My first full set of irons were a set of Yonex vmass 270 irons when I got my first handicap. I really like Yonex clubs and would be delighted for one of their products to be back in my bag. I managed to get down to a handicap of 8 using the irons so I have some fond memories of Yonex :D
They have always produced nice looking clubs and they seem to be bringing some serious game to the table recently with this ezone line :). They are huge in Japan and I think they deserve more exposure in the UK, I don't see them as much as other brands in my local golf stores!

I play golf at least once a week and practice at least twice a week. I would give updates for each outing with the club be it practice or playing on my home course. Regarding my activity level on THP, I have recently joined and am enjoying becoming a more active member of the community, contributing to threads and just generally becoming more involved!

This will be a great opportunity for some lucky members here to review a hybrid from a brand I don't know much about. I'll stay out of this one as I'm about to start a driver review, but good luck to the lucky testers and I look forward to the reviews.

Wow, the testing comes thick and fast! What a great opportunity from THP and Yonex. Can't wait to hear from the testers on this one, as this club got some serious love at demo day. Could be a good chance for Yonex to show us all just how good their equipment is.

I'll stay out of this as I've got a full plate of testing on with the irons, but I'll be following this thread eagerly.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play?Taylormade Rescue 08 3H,4H
2. What is your handicap index?16.8
3. What do you look for in a hybrid?Something that is easier to hit than a long iron and that is high launching ,soft landing with good distance
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I have always thought of them more in Tennis than golf.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?I play at least 18 holes weekly ,sometimes 36 at a time and would love to compare the Yonex vs.my TM rescues that I haven't had long.I am still searching for a hybrid that "suits ' me as far as being something I can hit with repeatability.As far as THP,I am on the site a couple times a day but I don't post a lot unless I have a legit question or comment,but I enjoy reading and educating myself about some of the more technical things of golf I have always taken for granted.

1 - I currently have a TaylorMade 3 hybrid at 19*, 2009 version. Stiff shaft, I also have a Nuckent 3DX also with a stiff shaft, this is a 2 hybrid at 17*
2 - Handicap - 11.0
3 - I look for nice aesthetics, forgiveness, and a club that flights the ball higher than a long iron.
4 - Yonex - back in 2002-2003 I had a driver and 3 wood from Yonex. Both excellent clubs, the fairway wood in particular was good to hit. They are more known for tennis and badminton racquets, and as such they have v. good experience of composite materials. Young Ryo plays Yonex along with the best player not to have won a major - Colin Montgomery. Ryo especially brigs a fair amount if credibility to his brand.
5 - testing regime. I play once a fortnight and practice twice a week. This would continue, and I'd compare the club with my current hybrids along with demos the ranges I go to carry. I have already subscribed to the THP Facebook page, and I'd post my reviews and progress with this club in there.

Once again, thanks THP for bringing another great testing opportunity to this great site. I'm sure the lucky members will do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom goes the dynamite!!!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play?- Adams OS A7 4h, Cleveland Launcher 2i 2H.
2. What is your handicap index?- 21.2
3. What do you look for in a hybrid?-I need something with a great shaft, low cg, a little bit of forgivness, and a mid/low trajectory.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment?- I know they have been around for awhile but I'm not too familiar with their products and I know they are expensive.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?- I plan on giving daily updates via range sessions and at least 1-2 rounds a week. I'm very good at realaying my thoughts and messages. I will also be able to compare the club to my other hybrids which are fairly popular models others might have.

Can't wait to see some reviews of this hybrid and possibly test it myself. It will be interesting seeing as not many have been able to try Yonex clubs before.

Great to see another awesome testing opportunity provided to THP members!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? I'm still playing the original Cobra Baffler 3 hybrid
2. What is your handicap index? 16
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Combination of feel, forgiveness and distance
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I've never seen any in person, but they make good looking products that I've read plenty of good things about. I would very much like to try some of their clubs.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing would be done on the course with a minimum of 27 holes per week actual play as well as mixing in some driving range sessions. Often times I have my local course practically to myself, which would allow me to do side by side comparisons with my current hybrid. (I'm considering buying a Mashie, so I may end up with two hybrids that I could compare the Yonex to).
I spend quite a bit of time on THP and could quickly provide feedback on the club and/or answer questions that others might have in regards to my thought/opinions of the Yonex Hybrid.

Once again, thanks to Yonex and THP for providing these great testing opportunities.

I wish I could sign up for this but I just twisted my knee pretty bad. I got an MRI this Friday to see how bad. Hopefully I will be back golfing soon. Good luck to the people who get to test these out.

I was going to sit this one out, but I am way too intrigued not to get my name in the hat.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Adams Pro Black 20* (Retired Titleist 585h earlier this year)
2. What is your handicap index? 8.5 and trending down, slowly.
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? flexibility between shots, but forgiveness.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Yonex is intriguing. I have seen them in the WITB for a couple golfers, but have yet to see them available to hit in stores. Being relatively unknown to me, it'll give me a great chance for a completely unbiased opinion.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? The testing will be the fun part. Going head to head against two different hybrids and a very forgiving 3 iron should give the EZONE a solid workout. I have been averaging a couple rounds a week and my home cross has unlimited range time which would certainly be utilized actively. My activity level on THP is exactly where I want it to be, as I spend most of my free time ignoring the tv and learning about different golf clubs etc.

Gotta give another shout out to :thp: and
YONEX_logo_ot0.35st100x27.jpg
for making this happen. There will be 6 VERY happy people soon!

This is an amazing opportunity! I am going to sit this one out because I was just selected to test the Heavy Driver. I am excited to see who is selected for the testing!

I was going to sit this one out, but I am way too intrigued not to get my name in the hat.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Adams Pro Black 20* (Retired Titleist 585h earlier this year)
2. What is your handicap index? 8.5 and trending down, slowly.
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? flexibility between shots, but forgiveness.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Yonex is intriguing. I have seen them in the WITB for a couple golfers, but have yet to see them available to hit in stores. Being relatively unknown to me, it'll give me a great chance for a completely unbiased opinion.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? The testing will be the fun part. Going head to head against two different hybrids and a very forgiving 3 iron should give the EZONE a solid workout. I have been averaging a couple rounds a week and my home cross has unlimited range time which would certainly be utilized actively. My activity level on THP is exactly where I want it to be, as I spend most of my free time ignoring the tv and learning about different golf clubs etc.

Gotta give another shout out to :thp: and
YONEX_logo_ot0.35st100x27.jpg
for making this happen. There will be 6 VERY happy people soon!

I knew you couldn't resist..lol I am pretty excited to find out who is selected as I am actually holding off on buying a hybrid until the names are announced.

I knew you couldn't resist..lol I am pretty excited to find out who is selected as I am actually holding off on buying a hybrid until the names are announced.

I hate to be the one to break your heart man... but..

RH Only for this testing

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play?
Taylormade Rescue Dual 4h
2. What is your handicap index?
3. What do you look for in a hybrid?
Forgiveness and high ball flight
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment?
I love Yonex equipment. My last 3 drivers have been Yonex and I love everything about them. I have been very interested in their new line and would love to be able to test one out.
I golf at least 2 times a week and always hit a bucket of balls before each round. I would love to use it and post on here to help get the word out on how great Yonex is. I am on the site daily and usually post multiple times each day.

Thanks again for the chance to test a club that I have been very interested in. Havent played any of the Yonex hybrids but am truelly in love with their drivers and cant believe I wouldnt love their hybrids also.

I hate to be the one to break your heart man... but..

SON OF A B***H. I didn't even see that. I made sure to look for it too. EFF BEING LEFTY!! JB/GG please remove me from the entry list.

Awesome!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner '08 Rescue 3 19*, stock stiff shaft
2. What is your handicap index? ~15
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? easy to hit and get the ball up. consistent distancing and must be forgiving. I don't look too much into shaping the ball.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Ryo Ishikawa is my fav player (I'm Japanese) and I play their tennis rackets too. High quality and performance.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I usually play once a week or at least hit the range if I can't play. I plan to take both my hybrid/rescue out and comparing in various lie and environments. I will document and update for each time I use the club (write down stuff to remind me.) and compare with my TM rescue.

Thanks!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Taylormade Rescue Dual 16*, 19*
2. What is your handicap index? 17
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I look for playability forgiveness and not too high of a ball flight but not so low that its difficult to stop on the greens.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I only know about Yonex equipment from the positive feedback their equipment received at THP demo day. From their website they put a lot of technology into their equipment to give the best possible performance any golfer would be looking for.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would be to have several range and on course testing sessions per week where I could compare the performance with my current hybrids. My activity level varies day to day mostly due to which particular topics I feel I can add value to. Some days I post a lot and other days I don't post anything.

Thanks THP and Yonex for another great testing opportunity.

Damn, I missed the RH thing too. Take me off the list please.

Back