GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
IZZO GOLF LAUNCHES NEW SWAMI 3000 GOLF GPS

Izzo Golf is pleased to announce the launch of its new SWAMI 3000 Golf GPS unit. The
SWAMI 3000 comes preloaded with over 19,000 North American courses and is ready to
use out-of-the-box with no activation fee or online course downloads required. The
SWAMI 3000 is simple, fast and accurate, and retails for only $99.99 making it the
most affordable Golf GPS available. There is no annual mapping subscription fee. The
Swami 3000 compliments Izzo’s current Golf GPS model – the Swami 1500 – which
carries a 95%+ consumer approval rating.

David Witkoski, Director of Marketing at Izzo Golf stated, “We have streamlined current
technology and have focused mainly on essental features in an effort to make SWAMI
3000 truly affordable for all golfers. The SWAMI 3000 is by far the easiest Golf GPS to
use and our Sirf Star III technology draws accurate measurements from up to 12
satellites. We believe our $99.99 price point, now combined with pre-loaded courses,
will allow more golfers to enjoy the benefits of a Golf GPS while contributing to faster
play and lower scores.”

Combined with the same core GPS technology available to the entire market, Izzo offers
its unique INSTA-LOK™ feature which quickly and accurately displays distance to the
Front, Center, and Back of the green. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery can last up to
16 hours (or approx 4 rounds) before needing a charge.
Izzo’s current Swami 1500 Golf GPS model will now be available at $69.99 MSRP

The Specs:
http://www.izzo.com/static/Swami3000-info.pdf

i-c4mJff9-L.jpg

About Izzo Golf:

Izzo Golf is a leader in the development of products that enhance the golfer’s experience.
Izzo provides high quality technologies and products that help consumers lower their
scores and increase their enjoyment of the game. Izzo’s trademark invention is the Dual
Strap that changed the way golf is played. Izzo Manufactures Bags, Training Aids,
Accessories and Gifts under the Izzo, Callaway and Top Flite Brands.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info GG! I am a fan of the basic no frills units where I can get the numbers I need. At the $100 price point and already pre-loaded with 19,000 courses if my courses are in there it's a great deal. Would love to see a review done on this. Maybe I should add that to the "What do you want GG to review thread"!

Very simple & very affordable!!! Hope someone test drives & gives the feedback. I would love to know how it compares .

Thanks GG, I do have the Swami Izzo 1500 and it does exactly what they say it does. Look forward to how this GPS works.

I would like to see a review as well. For $100 I would be very interested.

Stay tuned guys because a review will be coming.

nice, I am intrigued by this. Thats the only info I ever really look for in a GPS. But, there are many times where more info could help

Nice, I look forward to the review. I have a laser right now, but would like to have a cheaper GPS to complement it.

Nice, I look forward to the review. I have a laser right now, but would like to have a cheaper GPS to complement it.

I've been debating this heavily myself.. I don't have either and I have been pining over the Bushnell Laser Hybrid but at $400 I still can't bring myself to pull the trigger. With this and an inexpensive laser I think I might be in business! Going to search for the 1500 reviews now!

Very simple and very affordable, sounds like a winning combination to me. I can't wait to read the full review.

Definitely hitting a target market that few are in. Great to see someone going after that one. Can't wait for the word.

I had one of the original Swami's that required an annual fee and only held a few courses that had to be downloaded one at a time. It worked well. The only problem with a F/M/B readout is when you're on a course you're not familiar with that has doglegs that take the green out of view. You're still left guessing how far it is to the corner, and you're not exactly sure about distances to hazards crossing the fairway.

This was a few years back, but I came across a couple of courses where the unit wasn't registering yardages correctly - it was picking up yardages to different greens. I called Izzo and they had the courses fixed within a week, so they were definitely ready, willing, and able to do the customer service work.

If you like bare bones redouts, it's hard to go wrong with the Izzo.

Very nice, an affordable option. Can't wait to hear more, thanks GG.

Looks good, I am using a GPS app on my iPhone but it drains the battery fairly quick if you forget to lock it, so this looks to be a good alternative. I don't need all the extras that the app has, I just want to know my yardages.

I had one of the original Swami's that required an annual fee and only held a few courses that had to be downloaded one at a time. It worked well. The only problem with a F/M/B readout is when you're on a course you're not familiar with that has doglegs that take the green out of view. You're still left guessing how far it is to the corner, and you're not exactly sure about distances to hazards crossing the fairway.

This was a few years back, but I came across a couple of courses where the unit wasn't registering yardages correctly - it was picking up yardages to different greens. I called Izzo and they had the courses fixed within a week, so they were definitely ready, willing, and able to do the customer service work.

If you like bare bones redouts, it's hard to go wrong with the Izzo.

This is the only issue I would have, but for the price, that is a steal IMO.

Uhh - at $99, that's almost disposable! The no-subscription fee is also perfect! Plus, it looks like it has a mini-usb port? Which means you can charge it from your PC. (Good for those of us who try and sneak out of the office a little early to get in a quick 9.)

I see these flying off the shelves.

Great price point and includes a belt clip, definitely a great way to get started with a GPS.

I agree, I really only end up using my iPhone app for yardages in the end which "almost" feels like a little burden. This would be great to have and like at a hundy!

NIce entry level GPS. No subscription is always a plus.

Good GPS for cheap. I don't own a GPS and haven't really thought about one because of the expensive prices. Looking forward to the review!

I agree, I really only end up using my iPhone app for yardages in the end which "almost" feels like a little burden. This would be great to have and like at a hundy!

I am the same way 2Shoes and yes it absolutely seems like a burden. It can be very annoying at times for sure. I am pondering this big time esp if it gets some good reviews here

US and Canadian courses only again... I guess people elsewhere in the world don't deserve non-subscription GPS?

I bought one of these on Ebay for $79 a week ago. I have used it one time. It worked great. I was comparing it to my buddies laser rangefinder and it did a great job. Money well spent

Back