Ryan555

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I was at my father's house the other night and he showed me the new bike he bought. It was nothing fancy but he enjoyed it. I decided to hop on and to see if it's actually true "you never forget how to ride a bike" as it had been 20+ years since I had been on a bike. Well, it's true, you don't forget. But, the bike he had was what they call a hybrid - cross between a road bike and a mountain bike - and I didn't like it. I felt like I was sitting too high and that if I turned too fast I would just topple over. I didn't feel like I could lean into the turn like I used on my old bike. So, I've been looking and, apparently, this is the new thing now. So my question is this - I don't have much money, but want a bike. I know that I didn't like the feel of the hybrid, I want what they are now calling a road bike. Who here rides bikes, apart from mountain bikes - ew - and can tell me where i should be looking for good deals, or what brands I should be looking at. If I have to save a little, or sell my clubs to get one, no biggie, but I don't want to break the bank to start if I can help it. Really it's gonna be for riding around my neighborhood and with my dad a bit as he now wants to ride some trail in colorado, so I figured I would ride with him around here, but it will all be street riding.

Back