THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Our captain in the DMV/Carolina's THPRR thread asked if we had been keeping up with our plan to approaching this event. Here was my answer, what about you guys and the event taking place a bit north of us the month before.

I've done pretty welll. I said originally I was going to do something everyday for at least 10 to 15 minutes to help me with my game. I think I have held true to that, although I might need to do more action and less "research" HA

But in truth, I have done more stretching and a bit more working out than I had previously. Last week provided the chance to get some good on course work in, this week, I'm back to working on things inside. Definitely contemplating taking a lesson in the next week to make sure I'm on the right track.

Our captain in the DMV/Carolina's THPRR thread asked if we had been keeping up with our plan to approaching this event. Here was my answer, what about you guys and the event taking place a bit north of us the month before.

I've done pretty welll. I said originally I was going to do something everyday for at least 10 to 15 minutes to help me with my game. I think I have held true to that, although I might need to do more action and less "research" HA

But in truth, I have done more stretching and a bit more working out than I had previously. Last week provided the chance to get some good on course work in, this week, I'm back to working on things inside. Definitely contemplating taking a lesson in the next week to make sure I'm on the right track.

I've been getting out to hit balls now and then, but most of my focus has been getting back into shape and doing some work in front of a mirror to work on some of the issues I've got w/ my takeaway. I'm going to try to get out on course or in the sim this weekend to see how that's been working.

I hit the sim, i try and get out on the course, very big focus on physical fitness and eating well. I do a little chipping and putting at home

Working big time on physical fitness and lots of stretching. Sim work and lots of putting in the basement.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've hit the sim and the course, have a putting rug in my office and have been eating better to lose some weight. With my job, this time of year is a bit difficult to do much more than that is its one of the busy seasons for us. Come spring, I should have more time for outdoor range practice and weekend rounds.

With the weather being pretty nice I have been able to play a couple of rounds and hit the outdoor range almost on a weekly basis. Preppie going well so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be too laid-back to be a captain for this. I'm not worried at all about how guys are prepping at this point in time. Hell it's winter up here(kind of). I have no doubt that the 7 other guys who join me will have a plan in place to prep and have their games sharp come June 25th.

I've been working on putting and chipping at home as much as I can. Also tried a sim for the first time last week and would love to get on one again to keep swinging. I was going to try to get out this weekend but it looks like we are expecting 3-5" tomorrow :banghead:

I'm still doing about 100 practice swings w/drills a week and focusing on fitness/cardio as well.

This is what the carpet in my office looks like from working on my swing on lunch breaks. Hope the boss doesn't notice.

5678fa98168c38fc29e9335a19e751df.jpg

999fa1036afcb86f2b77bce2570c60a9.jpg
Too funny, I've got a 52* in my office that I mess around with in my down time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I must be too laid-back to be a captain for this. I'm not worried at all about how guys are prepping at this point in time. Hell it's winter up here(kind of). I have no doubt that the 7 other guys who join me will have a plan in place to prep and have their games sharp come June 25th.
You are pretty laid back, and that probably would have been my approach. But we have this hard A## Navy guy as our captain. Just because he has to build decks in a blizzard, he has high expectations of the rest of us...LOL

You are pretty laid back, and that probably would have been my approach. But we have this hard A## Navy guy as our captain. Just because he has to build decks in a blizzard, he has high expectations of the rest of us...LOL

You better hope he doesn't see this...:act-up:

You might have to do some push ups haha

believe me, I have high expectations.

During the winter Ill hit the dome a few times but thats about it, no real game improvement stuff going on. Ill have plenty of time for that once the season starts. Not worried about being ready for June 25, I know we all will be.

believe me, I have high expectations.
I wasn't questioning that at all. Just different approaches for each Captain, nothing wrong with that at all. I only posted the question to find out what guys in the other areas are doing as well.

Snow finally melted off my hitting net that I have outside.

That fact that most if not all of us can see grass right now is amazing

I've been getting out to hit balls now and then, but most of my focus has been getting back into shape and doing some work in front of a mirror to work on some of the issues I've got w/ my takeaway. I'm going to try to get out on course or in the sim this weekend to see how that's been working.

This is me. Especially the getting into shape thing

I've been getting rounds in when I can at the track that never closes but it's not real golf, it's just a nice walk while whacking the ball around, typical fitness activity, but no doubt that there is plenty of great golf to be played leading up to the event no need to stress over current weather/course conditions

ef3085b5a1f6f10c838eb6ca6e9c4b1c.jpg

Range time today. Gotta be ready in case my number is called!!

what I been doing most to help ready for this and/or spring/summer golf? (due to some surprising new via a doctors visit) is getting my body more healthy and need to do that seriously fast. Heaviest I ever been in all my 51 years and being at prime age for a you know what I got a good wake up call. Went to the doc for a different reason but my vitals and a couple other things with blood test reveal I had to make big changes now while still relatively healthy and still can.

So I drastically changed my diet, and hitting the gym, etc, etc...never took the medication to lower my Bp and in less than 2 weeks lost 7lbs already and got my BP down 10 points on both readings so far. I am determined with continuing to get back to my old much more handsome and healthier self:) I want to be around for my children for a long time and a lot more THP events...lol...and thankfully I can laugh about it. Sorry and Don't mean to bring the thread down but its actually a positive eye opener and am glad I got the info now vs later :) and a reminder to those near my age to take care of yourself well :). Im doing well working my back to the old Dean :) I don't appear so heavy and out of better health if ya saw me but let me tell ya.....the guy in the mirror in my bathroom has a body that looks like a wildebeest........threw up. LOL. I may not recognize myself by the time this event comes around. And hopefully some of this results in a better golf swings too :)

So this has been my primary concern right now but hasn't stopped me from a range sessions :)

what I been doing most to help ready for this and/or spring/summer golf? (due to some surprising new via a doctors visit) is getting my body more healthy and need to do that seriously fast. Heaviest I ever been in all my 51 years and being at prime age for a you know what I got a good wake up call. Went to the doc for a different reason but my vitals and a couple other things with blood test reveal I had to make big changes now while still relatively healthy and still can.

So I drastically changed my diet, and hitting the gym, etc, etc...never took the medication to lower my Bp and in less than 2 weeks lost 7lbs already and got my BP down 10 points on both readings so far. I am determined with continuing to get back to my old much more handsome and healthier self:) I want to be around for my children for a long time and a lot more THP events...lol...and thankfully I can laugh about it. Sorry and Don't mean to bring the thread down but its actually a positive eye opener and am glad I got the info now vs later :) and a reminder to those near my age to take care of yourself well :). Im doing well working my back to the old Dean :) I don't appear so heavy and out of better health if ya saw me but let me tell ya.....the guy in the mirror in my bathroom has a body that looks like a wildebeest........threw up. LOL. I may not recognize myself by the time this event comes around. And hopefully some of this results in a better golf swings too :)

So this has been my primary concern right now but hasn't stopped me from a range sessions :)
Good stiff Rollin. Glad to hear you are using THPRR and of course the Drs advice to make some positive changes.

Nice work.

After all the snow melted away, we got hit with another 8 inches. Looks like I'm staring at my clubs for another weekend.

Back