2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I remember is watching the 2011 coverage and telling myself I wanted to have a Jake moment out there. It was one of two goals that I really focused on going in. Win or lose, I just wanted to drop a big one.

We had a few and I agree- there might not be ANY better feeling

All I remember is watching the 2011 coverage and telling myself I wanted to have a Jake moment out there. It was one of two goals that I really focused on going in. Win or lose, I just wanted to drop a big one.
That was awesome man. That will go down as one of my favorite golfing moments of my lifetime when it's all said and done, I'm sure of it.

Haha I did the exact same thing. My bag was filled with players irons

After watching you hit those XF's, it was pretty easy to see why you took them. I even tried to copy the Chunky swing for a month or so post-MC.

That was awesome man. That will go down as one of my favorite golfing moments of my lifetime when it's all said and done, I'm sure of it.

Hell, I got pumped up and I was watching from 1500 miles away!

Yeah, I remember thinking the same thing....and it's definately a huge high when it happens....best feeling I have ever had on a golf couse hands down.

I can't wait to get the DVD's

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a DVD too for my off-season study.

Hell, I got pumped up and I was watching from 1500 miles away!
I just wish I hadn't let the f bomb slip there. Ruined an otherwise perfect moment for the camera. I couldn't help it though, to say I was a little excited is an understatement. I about tore Biggsy's arm off giving him high 5!

Its kind of funny to think that a few of my favorites have come with you, none of which was you shanking one at my head and almost killing me. But I can say one that is near the top for me was my shot on 18 with you as my partner. After letting you down for a few holes and getting prison shanked by Yorkem for 2 straight holes with long putts, to hit that shot on 18 with my wife watching and you as my partner was special.

Its what made me know walking away would be easier and that the Morgan Cup truly is an event of a lifetime.

i started my full swing lessons and they are going as slow as they were last winter. but i'm going to try to get this proper swing down over the winter. also work on my putting over the winter and once march hits i'm starting my short game full time and playing with where ever my full swing is at that point. Reading a ton of books about mental stuff right now. just finishing up a great book now about swing changes and how it takes time and you can't expect to fix everything quickly and you need to put in time and be patient. I think i'll improve a little bit this winter but i honestly don't expect to have everything where i want it by march i've seen how slow these changes can be and i'm ok with it because i am still seeing slight improvement. biggest thing this off season for me is a proper back swing and stop coming over the top so i can start attacking the ball from the inside so i can work the ball better.

Has anyone set a hard plan of action to improve their game? What goals are you setting for yourselves along the way? How will you measure if those goals are met? How much time are you dedicating to range time and how much to actual playing time.

Lessons and lots of range time. Also going to really work on my focus when I play.

Its kind of funny to think that a few of my favorites have come with you, none of which was you shanking one at my head and almost killing me. But I can say one that is near the top for me was my shot on 18 with you as my partner. After letting you down for a few holes and getting prison shanked by Yorkem for 2 straight holes with long putts, to hit that shot on 18 with my wife watching and you as my partner was special.

Its what made me know walking away would be easier and that the Morgan Cup truly is an event of a lifetime.
That entire match was definitely something I'll never forget. To finally get to partner up with you and actually play well was really special. Then that shot on 18, dude I thought it was going in! Wow. How funny is that, the entire time we were like "we're playing 18 from the tips, let's finish this up we want no part of that hole from there" and we go and do that. Haha, pretty funny thinking back now.

That entire match was definitely something I'll never forget. To finally get to partner up with you and actually play well was really special. Then that shot on 18, dude I thought it was going in! Wow. How funny is that, the entire time we were like "we're playing 18 from the tips, let's finish this up we want no part of that hole from there" and we go and do that. Haha, pretty funny thinking back now.

Both of our shots in this video.

Morgan Cup Memories are never forgotten. You participants will create your own this year.

Caledonia is such a beautiful course, #18 is breathtaking...so was that shot by JB.

Both of our shots in this video.

Morgan Cup Memories are never forgotten. You participants will create your own this year.

That's cool to see.....nice shots by everyone but yours was incredible at that point in the match.

Didn't Yorkem prison shank you with that putt again...heheheh

That's cool to see.....nice shots by everyone but yours was incredible at that point in the match.

Didn't Yorkem prison shank you with that putt again...heheheh

No, he missed that one, but Bradd made his.

i could watch that shot all day! can't believe it didn't roll a little more right into the cup.

That was a sweet shot. I remember coming off the course and Josh was just beaming. He was not worried about the event or other things. He was just happy and wanted to share that shot. I was happy he got that moment of joy.

Awesome shot! Holing it would have been unreal.

Awesome looking finishing hole, jb throwing darts!

Wow. That was an amazing shot Josh. Say, did you hit a wedge in there? I seemed to just stop when it landed.

Wow. That was an amazing shot Josh. Say, did you hit a wedge in there? I seemed to just stop when it landed.

9 iron was the shot.

The best part of that was, knowing it was at the Morgan Cup and I got to share it with everybody. You guys will get your memories and when they are created, they will last forever. I have so many from that weekend and all of them involve some incredible things.

I love how you can hear Jake yell "Come on baby"......that is such a great finishing hole.

9 iron was the shot.

The best part of that was, knowing it was at the Morgan Cup and I got to share it with everybody. You guys will get your memories and when they are created, they will last forever. I have so many from that weekend and all of them involve some incredible things.
The weekend gave me some great memories, and I wasnt even playing golf. It's going to be a completely different experience being on the other side of the camera this year.

I know that when I get to #15 on True Blue, I will be faced with a pressure shot. I also know that I will not be able to hold it together, because I will have Chex Mix flashbacks.

Great words- THE Event of a lifetime

9 iron was the shot.

Everythjng about that moment really brought the MC to my door step. The commentary, the comments from your playing partners and the way the shot was pulled off. There were a lot,of great moments that I watched but that shot really hit home for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back