THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I'd like to thank Team Michigan for assembling yesterday. It was a great time had by all!

Updated Michigan Post SIM Rankings

Tpluff - He is crazy and dedicated enough to have tested clubs outside in 15* weather not once, but twice! Also showed up to this sim with all kinds of THP swag and some clubs to pass around. He will be ready to play.
Stribs - Took the sims deep and proved he is not jspangs long he is #stribslong! Played well, however there was some disscussion on whether his hdcp was based off a sim round, we'll have to keep an eye on this.
2012BFT - Appears as if he and Stribs play in the same sim league, some nice swings were seen and has some shiny new weapons to play with. He did also manage to surpass me (not that difficult anymore btw)on the long drive by 2 yds.
Lions81 - He definitely doesn't play like Joe Lombardi Lions, he plays like the Jim Bob Cooter Lions. Moving on up.
Michigan Slice - CJ and simulators do not get along, proven not once, but twice! However as usual provides plenty of entertainment and we already know what he can do on a course. Also claims he is choosing golf over graduation party, which moves him up a few spots though not officially verified by his wife.
Wyzyguy - I heard rumblings from the champagne room that he was going to be setting up an all expenses paid "work" related golf trip. I'm listening...
Solid5112- Takes the ball to pound town from the wrong side of the ball. It was almost #solid5112long! Unfortunately for him his friend Stribs swiped from right under him, needs to be a bit more active on THP, but I suspect he will be after yesterday.
jspangs - Wants this bad, but 3 months of work and no play does not translate well to golf. He was however able to prove that jspangs long equals gunner 8 iron long. Question remains will he have time to practice for the event? He does get points for making one of the longer drives to attend and staying later than he was supposed to.
Musicmaster - Eats bloody dripping beef like its his job. Docked major points for making us all duck and cover because he was swinging a club that was recently reshafted and didn't know what was going to happen.
Rozo22 - I didn't realize it, but this guy is the proud owner of a golden ticket. Doesn't even have to try if he doesn't want to. Will he make sure he's on the team by choosing this event? Hmmm

Rbarthle - Gets the participation trophy for showing up in support of Team Michigan even though he has zero chance of making the team.

Seriously guys thank you for coming out, I was kind of hoping meeting everyone would give me a clearer idea of what kind of team we are going to have, but I realize now that my job will be even harder.

Thanks for the great time yesterday and thanks jdtox for the advice. Whoever this team is comprised of will form a very strong team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice power rankings Cap! Team Michigan has definitely got some great things going for it.

We have our first participation trophy!

Well done Jdtox...well done

I like what I see with the rankings!

and nice work with the rankings Jeremy

Nice updated rankings JDtox. Sounds like you guys had a blast. And Rob making the trip even tho he can't play is dedication. Looking forward to 441's updated rankings.

I'd like to thank Team Michigan for assembling yesterday. It was a great time had by all!

Tpluff - He is crazy and dedicated enough to have tested clubs outside in 15* weather not once, but twice! Also showed up to this sim with all kinds of THP swag and some clubs to pass around. He will be ready to play.
Stribs - Took the sims deep and proved he is not jspangs long he is #stribslong! Played well, however there was some disscussion on whether his hdcp was based off a sim round, we'll have to keep an eye on this.
2012BFT - Appears as if he and Stribs play in the same sim league, some nice swings were seen and has some shiny new weapons to play with. He did also manage to surpass me (not that difficult anymore btw)on the long drive by 2 yds.
Lions81 - He definitely doesn't play like Joe Lombardi Lions, he plays like the Jim Bob Cooter Lions. Moving on up.
Michigan Slice - CJ and simulators do not get along, proven not once, but twice! However as usual provides plenty of entertainment and we already know what he can do on a course. Also claims he is choosing golf over graduation party, which moves him up a few spots though not officially verified by his wife.
Wyzyguy - I heard rumblings from the champagne room that he was going to be setting up an all expenses paid "work" related golf trip. I'm listening...
Solid5112- Takes the ball to pound town from the wrong side of the ball. It was almost #solid5112long! Unfortunately for him his friend Stribs swiped from right under him, needs to be a bit more active on THP, but I suspect he will be after yesterday.
jspangs - Wants this bad, but 3 months of work and no play does not translate well to golf. He was however able to prove that jspangs long equals gunner 8 iron long. Question remains will he have time to practice for the event? He does get points for making one of the longer drives to attend and staying later than he was supposed to.
Musicmaster - Eats bloody dripping beef like its his job. Docked major points for making us all duck and cover because he was swinging a club that was recently reshafted and didn't know what was going to happen.
Rozo22 - I didn't realize it, but this guy is the proud owner of a golden ticket. Doesn't even have to try if he doesn't want to. Will he make sure he's on the team by choosing this event? Hmmm

Rbarthle - Gets the participation trophy for showing up in support of Team Michigan even though he has zero chance of making the team.

Seriously guys thank you for coming out, I was kind of hoping meeting everyone would give me a clearer idea of what kind of team we are going to have, but I realize now that my job will be even harder.

Already dropping in the rankings, may need to use my ticket...or bribery! Great time and looking forward to the next get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

We have our first participation trophy!

Yeah, it looks like these.

c3b7812e63c980fead6f26cfcfa5ac9d.jpg

That trip to Carls wiped out my Christmas cash...

Michigan stinks!!! Booo!!!

I thought I'd be lower...

Nah, definitely above me... +10 through 4 holes was definitely not what I was hoping for.

Please check the box on my official Team Michigan Entry Form - marked Bribe.
I was remise in my earlier post. I forgot to thank those responsible for lunch and beers.
Looking forward to returning the favor!

Here we go:

Another week closer, not much going on golf wise except a few sim rounds being played here and there.

Dave Winchell-Its been quiet from Mr Winchell, the rumors are swirling that his 4 month honeymoon was actually extended to 6 months and he is no longer in the states.
Ntanygd760-No change here as we have not received confirmation that his car situation has been resolved.
Robozeo-A sim session took place and no Robozeo, a drop down the rankings ensued.
Cbaker2882-No Staff Bag, no problem says Cbaker. He moves up the list but ALMOST took a plunge after almost losing to me in the Sim round.
Certifiable-Sim machine, small move up there, many wonder if his sim game travels?
PhillyV-Back down the list you go after pledging boat show>Sim round

PinSlayer216--Moving up after keep the thread "interesting" this week.
Robman7-No change as he continues to use his Tour X to laser random things around the house.
CaptainCaution-Big move up the list for hooking us up with a free sim round (and playing well too).
Hickerad-Can anyone confirm he still exists? Rumors all over the place the Indians sent him to Atlanta in the Swisher/Bourne deal.
The Milk Man-Crazy enough to apply for a job in the golf industry, crazy enough to represent team OH?
Gunner- Gunner hit ball far, ball do all kinds of swirly things on the screen. Gunner lose to #441.
Biggest movers-Grins and GolfinFF for leaving this god forsaken state for awhile.
Amart/Misike-....Crickets
Maynard-Hit the XXIO like it was supposed to be hit, moved up for hitting it so well...moved down for basically showing me up.
Canadan-Hi
Bullfrog-Continues the climb, dude is CRAZY using only 3 foot gimmees in a sim round.
Goldenbear67-Welcome

u all biotch and moan about needing rankings to get through the day and then they are posted and nada

Well done Mike....ill do my best to keep things "interesting" yet civil.

This a little reminder for everyone in Ohio to remember the 30th @ Valleaire....look in other thread for deets.

Here we go:

Another week closer, not much going on golf wise except a few sim rounds being played here and there.

Dave Winchell-Its been quiet from Mr Winchell, the rumors are swirling that his 4 month honeymoon was actually extended to 6 months and he is no longer in the states.
Ntanygd760-No change here as we have not received confirmation that his car situation has been resolved.
Robozeo-A sim session took place and no Robozeo, a drop down the rankings ensued.
Cbaker2882-No Staff Bag, no problem says Cbaker. He moves up the list but ALMOST took a plunge after almost losing to me in the Sim round.
Certifiable-Sim machine, small move up there, many wonder if his sim game travels?

Robman7-No change as he continues to use his Tour X to laser random things around the house.
CaptainCaution-Big move up the list for hooking us up with a free sim round (and playing well too).
Hickerad-Can anyone confirm he still exists? Rumors all over the place the Indians sent him to Atlanta in the Swisher/Bourne deal.
The Milk Man-Crazy enough to apply for a job in the golf industry, crazy enough to represent team OH?
Gunner- Gunner hit ball far, ball do all kinds of swirly things on the screen. Gunner lose to #441.
Biggest movers-Grins and GolfinFF for leaving this god forsaken state for awhile.
Maynard-Hit the XXIO like it was supposed to be hit, moved up for hitting it so well...moved down for basically showing me up.
Canadan-Hi
Bullfrog-Continues the climb, dude is CRAZY using only 3 foot gimmees in a sim round.
Goldenbear67-Welcome

Thanks dude. I appreciate it. I don't mind putting on a sim. Time before that we had no gimmies.

Here we go:

Canadan-Hi
Goldenbear67-Welcome

Three things stand out.
Winchell did in fact leave. Did he move to New Jersey?
"Interesting" made me laugh out loud.
Man a lot of Team Ohio has not been around much on THP (as a whole) this winter.

Three things stand out.
Winchell did in fact leave. Did he move to New Jersey?
"Interesting" made me laugh out loud.
Man a lot of Team Ohio has not been around much on THP (as a whole) this winter.

I wouldnt say "alot", its more like " a handful (no pun intended)"

Probably busy working on their game....yeah thats it

u all biotch and moan about needing rankings to get through the day and then they are posted and nada

That set of rankings sucked. :alien:

Editing in an alien because people take me seriously.

That set of rankings sucked.

I got 7 sim rounds and whatever happened in here last week to go off of, doesnt give me much

I wouldnt say "alot", its more like " a handful (no pun intended)"

Probably busy working on their game....yeah thats it

You must have a lot of fingers.
Will be easier to show off HOF tags on one hand I guess. :D

Back