Lamkin Sink Putter Grip - THP Review

Put the SQD-11 "in play" on a putting mat indoors. It's a nice almost midsize grip. Its rubber is on the firm side and offers good traction. The reminder circles work well and they make it easy to place the thumbs always on the exact same spot on the flat front.
I don't get what's the advantage of the pistol shape because the fingers of my upper hand are placed below this section. But it doesn't hurt als well.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those of you using a pure air gun attachment for grips it won't work with the RND-11. I'm guessing the same would be true with the RND-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you using a pure air gun attachment for grips it won't work with the RND-11. I'm guessing the same would be true with the RND-13.

Is it because of the shape of the butt end of the grip?

ordering one today. Dan, do you have a picture comparing the butt end profiles side by side?
I don't have a comparison of The 11's on hand but here's the 13...
da55b161ef5c16a6ad7e489824ca64c7.jpg

I've got 2 air guns. The Pure gun works perfectly on your typical round grip butt ends. The other one has a large needle with a cup at the end, this gun works well on everything including those odd shaped putter grips.

Is it because of the shape of the butt end of the grip?

Yeah. It won't fit over the RND-11 without a lot of force and I didn't want to damage the grip. I just cut the guard off the pure attachment and it works with anything now. Here's a pic of the butt of both 11's and an iLine for comparison.
42f5e31b307dbf062c1016b271aad706.jpg

The local golf shop has order a variety of the Sink grips 2+ weeks ago and they still haven't come in. Anyone know if they are backordered due to demand? I'm anxious to give these a go.

The local golf shop has order a variety of the Sink grips 2+ weeks ago and they still haven't come in. Anyone know if they are backordered due to demand? I'm anxious to give these a go.
I doubt it. I ordered Monday and got them Friday from Lamkin.

I doubt it. I ordered Monday and got them Friday from Lamkin.

I'll have to do the same because this waiting is killing me.

I'll have to do the same because this waiting is killing me.
At $12.99 a pop it was an easy decision. I got one of each of the 11's, and took off the Flatso 1.0 on my putter. Put the RND on it and the SQD will go on my new putter when it gets here. First impressions - I like the feel of the material much better than the SuperStroke. No golf up here for a couple more months though...

At $12.99 a pop it was an easy decision. I got one of each of the 11's, and took off the Flatso 1.0 on my putter. Put the RND on it and the SQD will go on my new putter when it gets here. First impressions - I like the feel of the material much better than the SuperStroke. No golf up here for a couple more months though...

I'm not a fan of the SuperStroke texture either. That being said there are many on this site who are.

My SQD 13" arrived today. Will try to find time to put it on my NC GM2 Exchange #5 (set to 365g) tomorrow.

Got this one installed in on my MXM #7 today. Absolutely love the balance and weight to it. Plus, it looks badass.

f2812e142ddda4cb50a716a7c90ddf3b.jpg

That looks really good RyJo.

That looks really good RyJo.
Im a fan. Love the length of this one, and the weighting is perfect to what I was looking for.

Got this one installed in on my MXM #7 today. Absolutely love the balance and weight to it. Plus, it looks badass.

Awesome. I have been digging this one for a couple of weeks now after reading the review on them on the home page. And it went on without ripping, so it has that going for it.

Awesome. I have been digging this one for a couple of weeks now after reading the review on them on the home page. And it went on without ripping, so it has that going for it.

It stayed intact during installation, I call that quality!

That looks sweet....I may just have to make my MXM #7 into a twin of yours!

Love the look! Is that the round or square grip - it's difficult to tell from the picture.

Love the look! Is that the round or square grip - it's difficult to tell from the picture.
Flat on the front, rounded on the back.

I will have one of these to throw on a putter soon. They look great and can't wait to see how they feel.

Ordered my 11" RND from Lamkin on the 5th. Haven't received it yet. Waiting to try out this bad boy.

Got three ready to go when spring gets here.
10B78D24-C882-4046-A820-4B5144E87A1B_zpsnomyqz3w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A452FB0E-7390-4DD3-9567-535A4AB2BBA6_zpstu59v0cl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was able to hold all 4 today at Golfsmith, and the SQD13 will be making its way onto my gamer for this season. I was beyond impressed with the feel, and I love the visual reminder marks. Another solid Lamkin offering in my book. I'm definitely becoming a Lamkin junkie!

I was able to hold all 4 today at Golfsmith, and the SQD13 will be making its way onto my gamer for this season. I was beyond impressed with the feel, and I love the visual reminder marks. Another solid Lamkin offering in my book. I'm definitely becoming a Lamkin junkie!

Me too. Just did my putter with this one and put an iLine on my drivers.

Hope to see those gripped up at the THP Event in Ohio this year. Signups are tomorrow.

Back