Amazon Kindle Fire

I'm struggling to find a place in my life for a tablet. This one definitely has a great price point vs. iPad3. With the combination of my phone, nook, and laptop I think I'm good. But I really want one.

I love my iPad, but at first was the same as you and didn't think I had a need for it. I like the portability of tablets, easy to grab and browse, emails, etc.

The more I read about the fire, the more I get intrigued. Really want to get my hands on one for a test drive.

Im starting to get a little excited for this. Im still a little over a week away from having it, but I cannot wait to get it in hand.

I'm struggling to find a place in my life for a tablet. This one definitely has a great price point vs. iPad3. With the combination of my phone, nook, and laptop I think I'm good. But I really want one.

I got a tablet for a steal and I am so happy I did it. I think if you get one for a good price then its def worth it.

I really think this tablet could be a game changer. Looking into getting one myself. Just some perks I can't leave behind with the one I currently have, as much as I hate it at times. The form factor of this one is perfect.

Nice video find there JB. Just from going based off of that video, a 10" Fire would be absolutely awesome. Dollar for dollar though, that 7" is pretty darn cool. Lots of features right there in line with the iPad for a low price.

Nice video find there JB. Just from going based off of that video, a 10" Fire would be absolutely awesome. Dollar for dollar though, that 7" is pretty darn cool. Lots of features right there in line with the iPad for a low price.

The bigger screen is great for some, but for me, that was a huge selling point for the Fire for me. I find typing on the 7" far easier for my hands and the convenience of carrying it in a large pocket was also something that was a major factor.

The bigger screen is great for some, but for me, that was a huge selling point for the Fire for me. I find typing on the 7" far easier for my hands and the convenience of carrying it in a large pocket was also something that was a major factor.

I remember reading how you preferred that and makes sense if you want a truly ultra portable device.

I remember reading how you preferred that and makes sense if you want a truly ultra portable device.

The two biggest factors for me in the end were typing and price. I have a pretty nice laptop and I have a cell phone. The tablet is more a convenience thing than a productive tool for me. I tried typing on both and the 7" works better for me. Add to that that I could buy a Kindle Fire and still have at a minimum $300 left over and I was sold.

The two biggest factors for me in the end were typing and price. I have a pretty nice laptop and I have a cell phone. The tablet is more a convenience thing than a productive tool for me. I tried typing on both and the 7" works better for me. Add to that that I could buy a Kindle Fire and still have at a minimum $300 left over and I was sold.

I did not know much of anything about this one until my 12 year old daughter asked for it for Christmas. At $200 packed with these options it's a no brainer.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I did not know much of anything about this one until my 12 year old daughter asked for it for Christmas. At $200 packed with these options it's a no brainer.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Exactly, Cookie. Amazon is practically giving these away. I have an iPad, as does my wife, and I plan on grabbing one of these as well.

I am going to pick one up when we are at the outing. Been looking for a tablet for a while. Unless some of my US friends want to send me one. Lol.

I am going to pick one up when we are at the outing. Been looking for a tablet for a while. Unless some of my US friends want to send me one. Lol.

Thats a while to waits Belbs. I could grab one and ship it up your way if ya want, no problem.

Dear Santa Claus,

I want an Amazon Kindle Fire for Christmas this year.

Thank you very much,
KB

Dear Santa Claus,

I want an Amazon Kindle Fire for Christmas this year.

Thank you very much,
KB

Kelly, I hope you have told OG Santa isnt real

According to shipping it looks like I might have this in hand tomorrow. Pretty excited.

You guys/gals are all geeks.

Geek? Maybe. But Im sure you would love staring at pictures of Ian Poulter on a tablet.

Why ya gotta be like that JB? :D

Saw on Engadget where the Fire got sent out early to all those who pre-ordered them. That's awesome.

Saw on Engadget where the Fire got sent out early to all those who pre-ordered them. That's awesome.

I did the overnight shipping pre-order and with our Prime account it was only $3.99. I expected it Wednesday and the tracking said Tuesday. Pretty excited. Especially now that Prime has so much going on.

I did the overnight shipping pre-order and with our Prime account it was only $3.99. I expected it Wednesday and the tracking said Tuesday. Pretty excited. Especially now that Prime has so much going on.

side note: I love all the stuff you can do with a prime membership now. I'm interested in the early reviews of this

side note: I love all the stuff you can do with a prime membership now. I'm interested in the early reviews of this

Me too. We got it for the shipping because it saved us a fortune for quick shipments. Now we have streaming video and free books all to go along with a service we already were paying for.

Im seriously thinking about grabbing the Fire, asap. I think the 7" screen will be much more convenient than my iPad. Interested to hear your thoughts when you get it in hand JB.

I got to play with one today. Pretty darn slick. That browser is going to be crazy powerful as more and more people use it. (We should make sure every THP Kindle Fire user browses to THP regularly so THP gets pre-cached!) Amazon built a brilliant Amazon-services consumption device. With Prime integration for streaming and best seller books ... I have to seriously consider whether or not I'll do enough content creation to need an iPad or if I can get away with using mostly Evernote on the Fire. Well done Amazon, I am impressed.

Back