Brianmk Golden Ticket Use

I can really appreciate his dilemma. I've been watching the ladies play Aviara this week, and it's pretty awesome. But, had I won a Golden Ticket this year, I was going to use it on The Cup, as that is the event that has been number 1 on my wish list. But, you can be sure I'd be signing up for the Project X event as well, hoping my name gets picked by the random selector, or however, selection process is done.

Based on what I know and my pure selfish desire, #TheCup, Handcrafted Experience, Wilson event.

Why?

#TheCup - Having the chance to play TB and Caledonia will win for me every time. Two timeless courses and lifetime memories made there.

Hancrafted Experience - CplJohnst really could not stop talking about this one and convinced me to hard ponder it. Then I got to hit his one of a kind shaft from the event and it felt great! This is a part of the game that just seems to have so much magic smoke in it for me, it would be a wonderful learning experience regarding the tee game.

Wilson Event - This company has really started to stand out. Michael Vrska's enthusiasm is contagious too. The C200's opened my eyes.

Good luck deciding, but regardless, you win!

JM

Although I am biased, I will try not to let that come through.

Does Brian like competition? Or is he a gearhead? Or both?

Competition? Sure, you could play in #TheCup at a pair of fantastic golf courses, with a chance to win new clubs....against one team. OR head to Vegas for the Bridgestone Championship and have an entire set and bag MADE for you in GA.....IF YOU WIN!

Gear? Having a one of a kind shaft, painted exactly the way YOU DESIGNED, is a fantastic experience. Aviara is a fantastic golf course, you will be at an intimate event with arguably the best golf shaft mind in the entire world.

Both? Wilson Staff Proto event, where you are playing a competiton against two other teams and the WS guys, who are terrific people, at (I am sure) a fantastic course.

Tough choices. If you don't think you are up for the decision, I will begrudgingly use the Golden Ticket in your absence, which will take the decision out of your hands. Call me!!

This is the issue!

Both are going to be awesome. Great course in Aviara and a unique experience at Project X. TB/Caledonia with the zoocrew and the chance to experience THP event as these courses. Tough choice to make as both are on my want list.

Curious on what your thoughts/reasoning are behind both.

Cup would be my pick. But UST is hard to not consider given the free entry. Hogan would have been a REALLY good one also if the irons appealed to him.

Question is: guaranteed equipment or competition with a 50% chance of scoring BIG?

UST event will be an epic one again ,tough tough choice though. Every event is awesome in its own right.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just so everybody knows, UST are not THP Events.

Unless the Grandaddy is not an option it is a no brainer for me. If that is not an option, I would go with The Cup!

I'd go back to true blue and Caledonia for the cup but that's a pure nostalgic decision. Both events in consideration for brian will be epic!!

Great events all over but #TheCup hands down....

It would be between the Cup and Project X event. The Cup in True Blue with the Zoo Crew will be incredible. But getting to design your own shaft and play the Aviara Club is incredible and something that very few get to do... In my mind you can't go wrong with either, but I would go Project X.

Easy decision; project X > Vegas > cobra event > the cup. But had this decision been before the teams were decided for gauntlet, I would have said gauntlet all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy decision; project X > Vegas > cobra event > the cup. But had this decision been before the teams were decided for gauntlet, I would have said gauntlet all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutsy throwing an event that has not been announced yet in the top 3. You sir live on the edge.

I can see where he would be struggling to make a decision. Lots of great events to choose from... ProjectX, Wilson, The Cup, and that's just off the top of my head.

Gutsy throwing an event that has not been announced yet in the top 3. You sir live on the edge.

Solely based off your earlier comments. Plus lately cobra has been killing it with their new line up, any chance to learn more about it in person would be a positive for me.

So many great choices but I would lean to The Cup.

Project X for sure custom shaft from PX hanging with DB golf at Aviara learning all about it from the PX team. That would be my choice.

Of course Brian is an MVP so if competition is his game The Cup would be a good choice.

MVP was also based on wearing socks and underwear and I do that very well!

Grandaddy?

i think that link goes to course reviews?

The Grandaddy wasn't an option or that would have been announced before we left the course that afternoon!

I can really appreciate his dilemma. I've been watching the ladies play Aviara this week, and it's pretty awesome. But, had I won a Golden Ticket this year, I was going to use it on The Cup, as that is the event that has been number 1 on my wish list. But, you can be sure I'd be signing up for the Project X event as well, hoping my name gets picked by the random selector, or however, selection process is done.

Aviara looked awesome from what I saw this week. I could try to ace that par 4 too! Don't worry, I will be putting my name in for whatever event that I don't choose.

Although I am biased, I will try not to let that come through.

Does Brian like competition? Or is he a gearhead? Or both?

Competition? Sure, you could play in #TheCup at a pair of fantastic golf courses, with a chance to win new clubs....against one team. OR head to Vegas for the Bridgestone Championship and have an entire set and bag MADE for you in GA.....IF YOU WIN!

Gear? Having a one of a kind shaft, painted exactly the way YOU DESIGNED, is a fantastic experience. Aviara is a fantastic golf course, you will be at an intimate event with arguably the best golf shaft mind in the entire world.

Both? Wilson Staff Proto event, where you are playing a competiton against two other teams and the WS guys, who are terrific people, at (I am sure) a fantastic course.

Tough choices. If you don't think you are up for the decision, I will begrudgingly use the Golden Ticket in your absence, which will take the decision out of your hands. Call me!!

If I was going to give it away, it would be going straight to your AZ buddy and my partner hickertaz for getting us in every fairway.

Both are going to be awesome. Great course in Aviara and a unique experience at Project X. TB/Caledonia with the zoocrew and the chance to experience THP event as these courses. Tough choice to make as both are on my want list.

Curious on what your thoughts/reasoning are behind both.

I'll probably put this up at some point soon.

Cup would be my pick. But UST is hard to not consider given the free entry. Hogan would have been a REALLY good one also if the irons appealed to him.

Question is: guaranteed equipment or competition with a 50% chance of scoring BIG?

I hadn't thought of UST until it was mentioned here, but that's been ruled out. Hogan would have been fun, but I just got irons that I like and just need to work on and I wanted to go to OH that weekend (what's wrong with me?)

Vegas and the unannounced events might be worth another look.

Handcrafted..... Hands down

I would lean Project X or whatever the mystery Cleveland/Srixon event will be.

I'll probably put this up at some point soon.

Of the events we know about there are some good ones and I would be like you and have a hard time deciding. Coin flips, pick a card, some other contest. I would probably end up doing something like a pros/cons list

Of the events we know about there are some good ones and I would be like you and have a hard time deciding. Coin flips, pick a card, some other contest. I would probably end up doing something like a pros/cons list
I'm a scientist..I already started the pro/con list!

I'm a scientist..I already started the pro/con list!

That would work in a lot of decision analyses... But, where are you going to find the cons in this choice? :D

Tough choice. I've already given my opinion but I'll say it again in this thread. I'd go with the #HandCraftedExperience. I may be biased but this was so much fun and so unique. This year it's going to be on an incredible course, you get to go to San Diego and hang out with the Project X crew and you get a custom made shaft. Sounds to me like the perfect event to use that golden ticket.

Back