Anyone playing a Bio Cell + Plus 3/4 wood in the 12*-13.5* setting?

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
Right now I have a Cleveland DST 3 wood. It's great off of the tee, but only hits from in a good lie. Sort-of like a mini driver.

Last year I bought an Amp Cell 5/7 wood, set at (6 wood), and also bought an Amp Cell 3/4 wood, set at (4 wood).

These are amazing clubs. From the fairway or a tee, they fly long and straight.

I'm thinking of getting a Bio Cell + 3/4 wood, and replacing the Cleveland 3 wood.

My thoughts are: the Bio Cell+ will work the same as a mini driver, and the sole design would help to hit it from the fairways.

With the lower loft, 12* & 13.5*, it will be harder to hit from a bad lie. I'm aware of this.

So does anyone have some info, or experience with one of these 3/4 woods?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

I have one and was surprised how easy it was to hit. I've typically struggled with a 3 wood and with this I've had no problem. Good off the fairway and tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

Thanks, Rozo.

I hope my plan works.

On some of those par 4's, the fairway is narrow, and I like to hit strong 3 wood.

Anyone else have info?????

Jack

Rozo, what degree loft is yours set to?

Jack

I've been playing it at 13.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

Mine is set to 13.5 as well and it's a great club off the deck or off the tee, it's pretty long and easy to control.

Thanks, Trout Bum.

I'll order one now.

Jack

Thanks James,

That is an excellent article you wrote. I read that review/test about 3 times around Christmas.

That's what got me to thinking about the change.

I'm also going with a Red Tie 6q3 shaft.

Thanks,
Jack

Thanks James,

That is an excellent article you wrote. I read that review/test about 3 times around Christmas.

That's what got me to thinking about the change.

I'm also going with a Red Tie 6q3 shaft.

Thanks,
Jack

Its truly a fun little club, if you like the small profile in a fairway (and it is def small), then it fits the bill. Plus, the prices on it are ridiculously good right now.

Yeah, I got mine on Ebay for $44 with free shipping. (Very Good) condition.
I did read about it being smaller than the Reg. Bio Cell.

I'll try it in the 13.5 setting, first.

I'll follow up with my results.

Thanks for all the info,

Jack

I've had my Bio Cell+ with a Diamana Kai'li set at 13.5 now for 2 years. Nothing I've hit comes close to this combo for me. I love the compact head and it's VERY forgiving. I even had a buddy of mine who's a complete Titleist snob put one in his bag. I think you'll like this club a lot.

I have one and play it at 13.5* Easiest 3 wood off the deck I've ever hit.

Its a slight bit shorter than the 3 deep it replaced, but the ease of use off the deck makes that a non issue for me.

I have one and play it at 13.5* Easiest 3 wood off the deck I've ever hit.

Its a slight bit shorter than the 3 deep it replaced, but the ease of use off the deck makes that a non issue for me.

That's on of the things I feel too, not as long as others but I really feel the weight on the decent and it's just easy to hit

I received my club today. Went out and hit a few shots with it. On 14.5, it hit ok. Weather needs to warm up for more testing and get to play it.

Jack

How does the Bio Cell+ compare to the FlyZ+ 3/4 wood? I like the smaller profile and have the FlyZ+ driver which I love! Just don't see too much on the newer fairway woods.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How does the Bio Cell+ compare to the FlyZ+ 3/4 wood? I like the smaller profile and have the FlyZ+ driver which I love! Just don't see too much on the newer fairway woods.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I haven't been out to play it, yet. I have hit it several times, though.

My son has a Fly z +3/4 wood, with a stiff ST Velox shaft. He hits it lower than he does my bio cell +, and further.

I also play an Amp Cell 3/4 wood on the 4 wood setting. It is very forgiving.

Maybe Wednesday or Thursday, I will get to try out this Bio Cell +.

I'll post the results.

Jack

I got to play yesterday. The Bio Cell was straight off of the tee. Low/med launching, and almost as far as my driver.

It's not as forgiving as my Amp Cell 3-4 wood.

I only hit it about 3 or 4 times.

Jack

Thanks Jack for taking the time to provide a follow-up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get more info as soon as the weather is better.

Jack

Back