New Driver need help

SPG40

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all, I'm looking for a new driver and and strongly considering the new Razr Hawk. I played the FT 9 a couple years ago and liked it very much except for the stock shaft. The flex seemed to soft and whippy. I believe it was Zcom reg flex. Anyway,any thoughts on the stock RIP shaft? I see alot of regular members are now playing the Razr and I'm intrigued. Thanks in advance for any help. I am currently playing a R9 10.5 reg.

While I don't own it, I've hit the Razr Hawk numerous times and its a very, very good driver. I think the stock shaft is pretty decent too. I hit this driver farther than anything else I tested, with the exception of the Williams. But I still recommend you get on a monitor and try it head to head with a lot of the other great new offerings... the G20, the Cleveland 270/290/310 to name a couple.

Hey all, I'm looking for a new driver and and strongly considering the new Razr Hawk. I played the FT 9 a couple years ago and liked it very much except for the stock shaft. The flex seemed to soft and whippy. I believe it was Zcom reg flex. Anyway,any thoughts on the stock RIP shaft? I see alot of regular members are now playing the Razr and I'm intrigued. Thanks in advance for any help. I am currently playing a R9 10.5 reg.

I have a Razr Hawk 10.5 with stock stiff RIP shaft in it that I used for The Morgan Cup.
I wasn't crazy about the feel of the shaft, but it just seems to flat out work for me. I have been hitting the ball further and straighter than I was with my previous drivers. I had been playing a stiff flex in other shafts, with a swing speed between 97-101. I think it just sets up great for my swing.

I can't recommend enough to walk into a golf shop and be open minded to anything. While the RAZR may work fine for you, what if you do not give something else a chance that is 10 yards longer and offers better dispersion?

The RIP shaft plays stiffer than flex so you'll need a good swing to get the most of it. I play a RIP 70x in my Superdeep 9.5 and it's a good combo

The RIP shaft plays stiffer than flex so you'll need a good swing to get the most of it. I play a RIP 70x in my Superdeep 9.5 and it's a good combo

I think the shaft you are referring to plays much different than the stock RIP shaft found in the Razr Hawk driver

Back