Seascape Golf Links - Kitty Hawk, NC

HardcoreLooper

Amateur cropduster
Reaction score
Handicap
Seascape is a stalwart of Outer Banks golf, long the only course on the islands. Increased competition forced Seascape to step up their game a few years ago, and they strengthened a number of nondescript holes, although the course still features a 440 yard par five (around a sharp dogleg and up an extremely steep hill).

I'm staying at the timeshare resort in an owner's villa, so I am only paying cart fees this week. For $20, it's difficult to complain.

I played with a member today, and he informed me that The Outer Banks have been hit with the same cold and miserable weather that all of us on the east coast have been suffering through all winter. Consequently, the Bermuda grass fairways are still mostly dormant. The greens are in good shape and rolling fairly quickly. Aeration holes have healed up, but the greens are extremely firm. Only well-struck shots are holding. My low, ugly, half-skull need not apply.

I really can't fault the golf course for the weather, and I appreciate the fact that overseeding is financially draining and environmentally irresponsible. I'll have plenty of fun playing here this week, and I look forward to coming back in the summer.

I miss OBX, haven't been down in years!!

If there's one constant down here, it's change. Old favorites close down, new stuff springs up all the time. Seascape has gone from the only game in town to the bargain basement choice to a half-way decent option.

If you know anyone that owns at Seascape, find a way to tag along. Or at the very least, offer to drive down and play with them. It's worth the $20.

Back