The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read Hue Jackson isn't hiring an OC in Cleveland. He wants to call plays. I'm ok with that, but isn't that going to get in the way of running the team? I could see having the offensive play run through you, but to do all of the play calling? We'll see how it goes.

Mike McCarthy has an OC, but he's called all the plays for the longest time. They experimented with him giving up the play calling duties this year and the experiment didn't go so well.

Not having an OC sounds crazy, but doing the play calling doesn't.

Read Hue Jackson isn't hiring an OC in Cleveland. He wants to call plays. I'm ok with that, but isn't that going to get in the way of running the team? I could see having the offensive play run through you, but to do all of the play calling? We'll see how it goes.

That will be interesting. I know McCarthy is calling plays now in GB, but they still have an OC. Same goes for Bruce Arians in AZ. But the Browns are not the Packers or Cardinals :wink:

Cant be any worse...right?
True enough.
That will be interesting. I know McCarthy is calling plays now in GB, but they still have an OC. Same goes for Bruce Arians in AZ. But the Browns are not the Packers or Cardinals :wink:
Browns released the OC Defillipo, so it's not going to be two guys like in GB. We'll see how it goes.

True enough.

Browns released the OC Defillipo, so it's not going to be two guys like in GB. We'll see how it goes.

And from what I'm reading, Defillipo may end up in SF with #chipkelly

Ready for the Cards to roll over Green Bay today ... Go Cards!

I'm hoping the Chiefs are still in the playoffs about 6-1/2 hours from now. They beat the Pats the last time they played (last year at Arrowhead, 41-14, after which the Patriots went on a big streak and then won the Super Bowl). They are on a roll, and the Patriots aren't, so let's let that continue.

I'm hoping the Chiefs are still in the playoffs about 6-1/2 hours from now. They beat the Pats the last time they played (last year at Arrowhead, 41-14, after which the Patriots went on a big streak and then won the Super Bowl). They are on a roll, and the Patriots aren't, so let's let that continue.
I'd like to see the Chiefs advance but at the same time, if the Pats get healthy, they're the best bet against whoever comes out of the NFC. I hope it's GB but it'll probably be Carolina or Seattle. Can't stand either of them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Panthers will beat the Seachickens
Cards will crush the Pack
Broncos will easily beat the Steelers
Pats will win a close one over the Chiefs

Any worries with the Cardinals after the beatdown the Seahawks gave them the final week?

I agree with everything except Pats/Chiefs. I think KC is gonna pull one off today.

I'd like to see the Chiefs advance but at the same time, if the Pats get healthy, they're the best bet against whoever comes out of the NFC. I hope it's GB but it'll probably be Carolina or Seattle. Can't stand either of them.

Repeat of super bowl 1? I'm ok with a similar outcome

Here we go patriots here we go

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Any worries with the Cardinals after the beatdown the Seahawks gave them the final week?

Not really, I don't think they had anything to play for. IIRC, Carolina had already locked up the #1 earlier that day.

Gronk doing Gronk things.. Has to be the hardest te to cover

I feel bad for Alex Smith. He keeps winning and doing well and once again will be eliminated early by a better team.

That QB keeper seemed like a really bad play call for the Chiefs. They weren't setting up a field goal.

I feel bad for Alex Smith. He keeps winning and doing well and once again will be eliminated early by a better team.

For all the crap he's taken over the years he's always been a good QB without help

Burning up the time outs

For all the crap he's taken over the years he's always been a good QB without help

Sure has. We saw how good his "weapon" in Dwayne Bowe performed elsewhere. And we saw how good Maclin could be with a QB like Smith.

Sure has. We saw how good his "weapon" in Dwayne Bowe performed elsewhere. And we saw how good Maclin could be with a QB like Smith.

Funny how Maclin gets there and all of a sudden WR catch TD's.

I wonder how much of the "check down" mentality was scheme, lack of we talent or both

After seeing what he went through all those years in SF with the multiple head coaches and OCs I'm happy to see him having success. This has easily been his best year and personally I hope they make a deep run into the playoffs.

Funny how Maclin gets there and all of a sudden WR catch TD's.

I wonder how much of the "check down" mentality was scheme, lack of we talent or both

I think it was more the lack of talent. Maclin is legit and adding him instantly opened up their offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back