What Kind of Range Balls?

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Just thought I would post a thread so everyone can post what kind of range balls their home club or club they play at frequently uses, would be cool to see a variety of what is out there.

At my home club we use Srixons. they have the club logo and a thick bolded line on each side of the ball, not sure of the exact model as it doesn't say but they are relatively soft and spinable on the short game green.

2 years ago we had Callaway HX-Hots for practise balls but they were just hard as a rock and not well liked by the members.

Yellow Pinnacle or Top Flight. They suck. However, most of the range is desert so anything softer would get chewed worse than they already do.

I go to three different driving ranges, the one I go to the most uses Srixon range balls, the other uses yellow Top flights (I hate these), and the last uses TaylorMade range balls which are the best Ive tried to date.

My home course uses TaylorMade, they don't say what they are but they do have black stripes on each side and say practice on them.

All sorts. I have seen everything from old Tour Balatas to Nike One Platinums to distance rocks. The latter are most prevalent.

At my range they use Srixon

Pinnacle's! They are pretty much hard as a rock, but the range is not bad at all!

The driving ranges around here all use Wilsons. Some of the nice courses and country clubs use Srixons though.

I think Falcon Lakes uses Pinnacles.

My home course actually drains about 5 ponds across the course and picks the balls once a year out of the muck and paints a green stripe on them for range balls. Therefore we have a big mix bag of range balls from Ultra's to ProV1's haha. Free for them besides the paint works out well for all.

Depends. The range closest to my house uses an assortment of balls that are marked with a thick black line. I go to a range near my school that uses Srixon's.

My home course actually drains about 5 ponds across the course and picks the balls once a year out of the muck and paints a green stripe on them for range balls. Therefore we have a big mix bag of range balls from Ultra's to ProV1's haha. Free for them besides the paint works out well for all.

I guess you slowly see a decline in Premium balls? Do members take the better ones and use them for themselves?

I'm a member at two different clubs. One of them uses only Pinnacles. The other has Pinnacles, but you request Pro V1 Practice balls. They have the Pro V1 Practice balls on the chipping green as well. I hardly ever used the Pro V1s because I could care less if I have any spin on the ball on the range. I'm mostly working on direction and less on hitting a ball to a number.

Yeah, I've been to various upscale courses that have Pro V's on practice greens/chipping greens.

At my home course the most recent batch added were Titleist NXT Tours, but there is quite a mix out there uncluding some unmarked lost balls. Anything without a stripe my son considers fair game. You see a few NXT range balls out on the course but not many. At the public course you see practice balls everywhere especially in the ponds.

Well, about half the range balls are something called "floaters", which is the worst excuse for a range ball that I've ever hit. The other half are Pinnacles, which are really super - compared to the floaters. Floaters go about 80% as far as the Pinnacles. The range sits in what is pretty much a drainage basin, so I guess the floaters are for when the range is half covered by a pond. I never really noticed that the float however.

Bright Yellow soddy excuses for balls... I will find out what they are when I go for the first time, but they are just pure crap.

The range that I frequent added new Nike balls last month.

I won't use the range at the course where I play as the range balls are harder than anything I have seen at any other range. The ball feels terrible coming off the face of the club and seems to be hard on forged clubs as well. The sound coming off the face is odd as well. The Wilsons seem fine as do the Srixons. I think the ones that are truly harder than anything I have seen are just marked as "range ball for practice". I have no idea who makes them. I just won't let them near my clubs. In fact if I go to a range where I have not been previously, I check the balls and if I find the same markings as the range balls at the course, I simply will not stay.

The range I frequent the most gets new range balls every year. They usually get Srixons but this year they have Warrior Golf range balls. They're really, really soft. I don't know how much stock I put into them (distance wise) but they're great for just working on ball striking.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

We have a mix of Srixons and Pinnicles. Yellow with black stripes.

Titleists that they replace yearly.

I think this year's range ball is the Top Flight Super Range

Last year's ball was (I believe) a Nike ball and they started breaking to pieces by October.

I think those brands are correct but I could have it screwed up@

Top Flite range balls at the one range, Srixon yellow range balls at another range I go to

Only one range in the area, and it uses yellow taylormade.

Back