Oh boy, I hope benching Luongo works out

So far so good for the Canucks, they look like a different team, but more determined

Now if only Schneider would stay in the net

Fantastic game right now. The Nucks and Hawks are battling. Luongo is back in net after Schneider was abused in every way possible on a penalty shot.

GO FLYERS!!!!

did anyone hear that the backup goalies stay in the dressing room in the Chicago Arena because they don't have room for them on the bench? Weird...

OT here we come...

DAMN! I was hoping that the nucks would win so badly!! :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Very disappointing.. now we can spend a couple days second guessing AV and the goalie switcheroo

That was a joke.. Luongo was just sprawling around like an idiot and giving off huge rebounds.

Lucky goal.

Probably the most intense game I've watched in the playoffs to this point. Love it! I was glad to see the Hawks win just so I can watch these two teams battle it out in a Game 7.

Now, I just need the Pens to win tomorrow so my heart can relax for a few days.

Probably the most intense game I've watched in the playoffs to this point. Love it! I was glad to see the Hawks win just so I can watch these two teams battle it out in a Game 7.

Ditto and ditto.

did anyone hear that the backup goalies stay in the dressing room in the Chicago Arena because they don't have room for them on the bench? Weird...

Thats not true. Chicago's backup goalie, Marty Turco is on the bench for every game. Luongo CHOSE to stay in the dressing room.

Amen to that (other than the part about the Pens winning). It was a great game between 2 teams that hate each other. Crawford was absolutely lights-out for the Hawks and what little confidence Luongo had left is shattered. That OT goal that he gave up was one of the worst Ive seen in a long time. Luongo is known for dropping to the ice way too early and leaving the top shelf open and the Hawks took advantage of that.
Its going to be a great game 7!

Thats not true. Chicago's backup goalie, Marty Turco is on the bench for every game. Luongo CHOSE to stay in the dressing room.

Interesting. I did hear the announcers say something about room on the bench concerning this though.

Yeah, Luongo..well..fell. He has totally crumbled.
What's sad is that he's a Vezina finalist, while there's a way more qualified Carey Price (and even Marc-Andre Fleury) sitting there unnoticed.

What's sad is that he's a Vezina finalist, while there's a way more qualified Carey Price (and even Marc-Andre Fleury) sitting there unnoticed.

Agreed. I'm obviously quite biased but the Penguins wouldn't have been in the playoffs, let alone a 4 seed, if it weren't for MAF. He was simply outstanding since November.

We will see what happens in game 7. I think Luongo comes back and has a good game. On what are we basing the idea that his confidence is gone? Did he say something in an interview or anything like that?

We will see what happens in game 7. I think Luongo comes back and has a good game. On what are we basing the idea that his confidence is gone? Did he say something in an interview or anything like that?

I'm just basing it more off of two awful consecutive performances, the Canucks shakiness in recent playoff history, getting benched, and giving up an awful goal in OT tonight. It just seems to me that his play speaks to a goaltender that is greatly lacking in confidence right now.

I'm just basing it more off of two awful consecutive performances, the Canucks shakiness in recent playoff history, getting benched, and giving up an awful goal in OT tonight. It just seems to me that his play speaks to a goaltender that is greatly lacking in confidence right now.

Could be, but I think maybe the gold medal performance in the Olympics and a record setting regular season for the franchise might erase part of the past playoff issues

Could be, but I think maybe the gold medal performance in the Olympics and a record setting regular season for the franchise might erase part of the past playoff issues

I would think so as well. However, his play has unquestionably slipped in the last few games. Luongo just doesn't stumble like he did in OT when he's on his game. Plus, the NHL playoffs are a whole different animal. The Capitals have been an amazing regular season team the last few years and yet have still scraped by in the playoffs - a certain stigma surrounds teams in the playoffs when they have past struggles. I think that same stigma could exist for certain players as well and it seems to be affecting Luongo. I mean, come on, a Vezina trophy finalist was benched in the playoffs - that just doesn't happen.

I would think so as well. However, his play has unquestionably slipped in the last few games. Luongo just doesn't stumble like he did in OT when he's on his game. Plus, the NHL playoffs are a whole different animal. The Capitals have been an amazing regular season team the last few years and yet have still scraped by in the playoffs - a certain stigma surrounds teams in the playoffs when they have past struggles. I think that same stigma could exist for certain players as well and it seems to be affecting Luongo. I mean, come on, a Vezina trophy finalist was benched in the playoffs - that just doesn't happen.

True, I am really hoping its something specific regarding the Hawks, they knock the Canucks out every year it seems. If he can come back and beat them in game 7 it could go a long way in getting that monkey off his back.

The capitals had an amazing round 1 series, for them! I was quite surprised they played as well as they did, maybe the late season moves are finally paying dividends. Maybe they'll finally get to go all the way!

Back