Pin in or out if you're Donald?

I thought it was the opposite.

You would pull it out when you are trying to miss? Why would waste the energy pulling it out then?

You would pull it out when you are trying to miss? Why would waste the energy pulling it out then?

I find that with 25 ft gimmies I don't need to pull the pin out all that often at all...

I thought it was the opposite.

I have my own theory that the pin hurts when you are trying to make it around the green. I dont think it really matters but I just feel more comfortable trying to make it with the pin out.

I meant that as a "that's what she said" type of joke looper. :D

Sorry you didn't get it.

Bit of a joke on my end too, man.

Just read your post again.. I was the one not getting it :D Haha, nice.

I didnt get either of your jokes until just now, but Im full of turkey and cheesecake.

I'd have taken it out. Looks so much cooler.

I'd have taken it out. Looks so much cooler.

Couldn't agree more.

In all honesty, I would've pulled the pin in the scenario. If he didn't hit such a horrible approach shot it wouldn't have mattered.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Out for me on that shot, but looked like it had the chance had he left it in.

He left it in earlier on 18 from the other bunker, but that was going towards the water.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Out all day. He made the right call he just hit it too hard.
Pros generally pull the pin in that situation. I would have left it in personally. I play for fun however.

TC is right, he should have never been in that situation to begin with.

Pros generally pull the pin in that situation. I would have left it in personally. I play for fun however.

TC is right, he should have never been in that situation to begin with.

I wonder if he thought about putting it at all? That ball just seemed to be a few inches off of the green.

He probably remembered what happened to Furyk when he putted from off the green lol
I wonder if he thought about putting it at all? That ball just seemed to be a few inches off of the green.

Honestly, any other tour pro might've. But Luke has some of the best short game on tour, as well as being the best putter on tour. He chose wedge for a reason that we probably won't ever hear.

He probably had a flight to catch or something :alien:

I saw Poulter hit a chip at a Tavistock last year that just blew me away. He was in a similar position as Donald but the pin was maybe 5' off the fringe and downhill and he chipped it. I had this discussion with a friend and he thought that they can control the ball better by chipping without any outside influence from the fringe, regardless of how far off the green the ball is. Bottom line is they are good and play a game I am not familiar with. I would have putt it during my own round.

Honestly, any other tour pro might've. But Luke has some of the best short game on tour, as well as being the best putter on tour. He chose wedge for a reason that we probably won't ever hear.

He probably had a flight to catch or something :alien:

I would have chipped it to, but you know I would've made it, ha!

I would have chipped it to, but you know I would've made it, ha!

You only would've made it if you looked at me first and told me you were gonna make it. Luke didn't do that. No wonder he missed.

You only would've made it if you looked at me first and told me you were gonna make it. Luke didn't do that. No wonder he missed.

Exactly! He should've stared Sneds down, gave him a tip of the cap, maybe a little nod, then said, "take this Junior"......boom! it would've gone in.

He hit a great chip, just a bit too firm.

Exactly! He should've stared Sneds down, gave him a tip of the cap, maybe a little nod, then said, "take this Junior"......boom! it would've gone in.

He hit a great chip, just a bit too firm.

Ya but it's a different situation now that I think of it. No one takes elves seriously outside the month of December. But sometimes people take mountain men seriously.

Brandt woulda just laughed and said "you'll miss a fairway soon".

90% of the time I would of taken it out EXCEPT for situations where I am above the hole and it's an extreme green that slopes leaving me an extremely fast chip to the hole. In that case, I would leave the pin in for the off chance it's faster than I thought and the pin would help stop the ball if struck.

I have got to go with the pin out, I feel if you are close enough for it to be a question on wheather or not to leave it in, you should pull it. You are tying to hit it with the speed that will get you closest, so unless you hit it a touch too hard like LD, if it rolls across the cup, it stands a great chance of falling.

Cant remember where for sure I heard it, think it was Faldo on GC, but the jist of it was to leave it in always, unless the flag is bowing toward you by wind or such. I've followed that rule since and since I miss to many damn greens, I chip in with some frequency.
I saw no reason that Luke should have removed it.

Back