Adams Launches Idea Pro a12 Hybrid

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Adams Golf adds the newest tour-caliber hybrid to its lineup with the Idea Pro a12. Compared to previous models, it's designed with a hotter face, improved playability and a sleek black finish that appeals to better players.

It was used by Snedeker yesterday in the win.

idea_pro_a12.jpg

Man that looks like a nice club!!! JB, can loft or lie be adjusted on this?

Good looking club and appropriate launch after the victory yesterday!

I'm very intrigued by these, had heard about them a few weeks ago. If they are a little more forgiving than the Idea Pro Black hybrids, I'd love that. Here is the website with specs: http://www.adamsgolf.com/products/hybrids/pro_a12.php#

Mustng5, doesn't look like it had adjustability in it, but I would think that lie angle could be adjusted from the factory. That's just a guess on my part, though. Lofts are 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, and 26. Shafts are Aldila RIP VS Proto Hybrid or Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid.

By "improved playability" does that mean smaller sweet spot? I really like the looks of hybrids with small heads but don't want to give away too much of why I hit hybrids.

I really like the looks of the Adams' Hybrids and this is no different. Thanks for the info!

That looks very nice. I'll have to try this out since it's almost time for my 21* to be replaced.

I'll have atleast 2 in the bag if I hit them anything like my a7's. And both stock shafts are 2 that I like alot!

That is a nice looking hybrid...can't wait for more details and hopefully testing on this one!

Nice looking hybrid, hopefully this will be at the Outing next month as well. Colors immediately reminded me of the Cobra S3's though

Man that looks like a nice club!!! JB, can loft or lie be adjusted on this?

No, it cant... it a fantastic club... have been using it for the last 3 months... best hybrid I have ever hit...

Is this the secret hybrid everyone was talking about at demo day?

very sharp looking club!

Hows that for some publicity, Sneds wins with the new Adams.

Is this the secret hybrid everyone was talking about at demo day?

I dont know what you mean? The THP Demo Day was last year and the next one is in a few weeks.

and a sleek black finish that appeals to better players.

Is that Adams marketing? Seems like an odd line. Why would better players prefer black?

This looks sweet! Adams makes great hybrids!

Is that Adams marketing? Seems like an odd line. Why would better players prefer black?

Straight from the Adams website.

That does look like a sick hybrid. I loved the Pro Black series but couldn't hit it consistantly enough and wasnt a fan of the bigger non pro series.

In one of the threads of adams hybrids people was comparing V3, Super, pro black and a secret hybrid they liked better than those. I will have to find that thread. The thread is Adams Demo Day THP outing review

I love the look of that hybrid and am interested to hear some thoughts from people that have hit one.

I literally just picked up my Adams 19 degree Super Hybrid Black today! Going to have to research this before I hit that, huh?

Back