a6890e32-bffd-7716.jpg

a6890e32-c191-a919.jpg

Looks great Seth!

Thanks man! I bought some Aceton last night and was going to get this done but got a call from work. Will try it tonight and keep the toothpick idea in mind as well. You all have been extremely helpfull. My Method is gonna look great.

Good luck Yoccos! I like to remove the excess paint with a toothpick when it is slightly dry. Have no fears man, paint fill is always fixable. I have also used acetone and very gently wiped off the excess. If you do this, make sure that the paint has dried for a while as it can make the coat of paint in the letters uneven and rough looking. Paint filling is actually pretty easy once you get used to it. Filling with clear colors is a different matter though.

Thanks Ddec! I actually have made it all green now. I will try to get pics over lunch.

You are going to have that thing looking great Yoc! I can't wait to see the pics.

Seth, that Cameron looks nice!

Good info. I"ve been wanting to try this with my Mizuno MX-25's

New fill on the Scotty.

a6890e02-7a5b-97e0.jpg

a6890e02-7a7b-8060.jpg

I hate TapaTalk signatures...

New fill on the Scotty.

a6890e02-7a5b-97e0.jpg

a6890e02-7a7b-8060.jpg

That just screams Setho! Well done mate.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That looks great with the green Seth, nice work.

The green looks sweet Seth....keep up the great work

Thanks guys! It helped me get my first eagle today.

That is a beauty Seth, Great job! Both the paint fill and the eagle. :clapp:

Well I started the custom paint fill of my R9's this weekend. Thanks to JB and the others on this thread for the tips. It takes a little more work to get the original paint removed than I thought it would, but overall it was pretty easy. Here are a couple of pics. I only got the 4, 5, 6 done so far.

freshly painted
hair014.jpg

drying
hair015.jpg

finished products
hair013.jpg

hair018.jpg

hair017.jpg

hair019.jpg

Last edited:
Great job. It turned out quite good.

It looks as if some of the paint you wanted to keep came out a little bit in the finished product (could be camera angle). That happens once in a while and I would recommend just doing a light 2nd coat.

Great job. It turned out quite good.

It looks as if some of the paint you wanted to keep came out a little bit in the finished product (could be camera angle). That happens once in a while and I would recommend just doing a light 2nd coat.

I think what you are referring to are sun spots. They filled in quite nice. Thanks again for your advice. When I get them completed, I will post full pics and close ups.

I think what you are referring to are sun spots. They filled in quite nice. Thanks again for your advice. When I get them completed, I will post full pics and close ups.

I had a feeling it was the pics. Great stuff and I am looking forward to more.

The red paint fill looks really cool in the bag, good job toma.

Great job Toma and great motivation for me to get back on the ball. I really screwed up and hopefully I can fix the method LOL.

Thanks guys. Had to re do the 6 once, but it went pretty smooth overall. I used acetone to remove the original paint, but it was a bit tougher and took a little longer than planned. I was really surprised at how hard it was to get the original removed. The painting part was easy. :smile-big:

Thanks guys. Had to re do the 6 once, but it went pretty smooth overall. I used acetone to remove the original paint, but it was a bit tougher and took a little longer than planned. I was really surprised at how hard it was to get the original removed. The painting part was easy. :smile-big:
I'm going to get the rest of my supplies to try it too. Nice job Tomahawk

Finshed bag

hair041.jpg

hair038.jpg

love it

The red looks fantastic!! Great job!!

Back