Any suggestions on club fitting classes?

MO_Hacker

At the drag strip
Reaction score
Handicap
DragRacing
Looking for suggestions on where to take classes on club building and fitting classes. So far all I've come up with is Golfsmith and Mitchell. Too bad they aren't very close to KC, might have to take a little trip this winter.

Has anybody else built any clubs?

I've built up a number of sets.

It all started with a class at Golfsmith. Used to be, the classes were a full day. It went through theory, nomenclature, fitting and assembly. I had a great time.

Since then, I've read a few books, and talked to other pro's when I have questions about assembling or tweaking a club.

I've not done any loft/lie adjustments or custom grinding, but most everything else with building clubs.

I'm really thinking about taking the Golfsmith class, if I remember right it's a 3 day class now. I'll have to fly down to Austin, could be fun.

If you go to Austin, it should be really good. I took the class at the local store a few years back.

While in Austin, stay for a few days and take in the local fare. There's LOADS of cool stuff down there. It's less than 3 hours by car for me, and I still never get tired of going down there.

Back