Summarize 2008 Golf Year

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Give us a summary of your golf year in 2008. Better or worse? Change in swing, what club changes, etc...

2008 was a decent year for me. I hit some all time low scores. I was very suprised to be shooting low 80's/high 70's in my first few rounds of the year, which was definatly a sign for me that I was getting better. I dropped I think around 2.1 strokes in my handicap.

I went through a massive Driver swing change, which actually has alot nicer look and benefits me a ton more. My iron play has stayed the same, maybe has gotten a little worse.

The only downfall that happened this year is all year I went through a chipping shank period. I basically got all new clubs, which was nice. I didn't play as much as I wanted.

• Admin
And you found THP...just kidding.

And you found THP...just kidding.

That was a plus as well. Probably the highlight of my year :D

To add: Another downfall is I played terrible and shot my 2 highest scores in tournaments. My mental game is terrible. I finished the two with a 92 and a 98.

Well, I started out the year playing well (for me) and regressed from there. I blame it on not playing as smart as I had been.

my team and i won the state championship. im getting recruited. shot some good scores and my handicap is halfway decent right now. i cant wait till it gets warm, thats when i am going to start playing really well hopefully

2008 was the year it should have all come together but didn't. :freaked-out:

my team and i won the state championship. im getting recruited. shot some good scores and my handicap is halfway decent right now. i cant wait till it gets warm, thats when i am going to start playing really well hopefully

Who are you getting scouted by?

2008 was my best year I ever had golfing. I even broke 100 on the course I learned how to play this game on in high school. I was playing so well this year, I had to play it to gauge how well I was really playing. I knew going in I was probably going to shoot over 100. I think I shot 98 and 99 on a course I have never broken 100 on before. I probably never shot better than 108 there before this year.

On a different course, I shot 85 twice and also shot an 87 to break 90 three times. My best ever before this year was 91. Plus, as I have mentioned before, my wife started playing in 2008. So now I always have someone to golf with! It costs twice as much now, but it's so worth it!

That is so great Smallville.

Well 08 was the year that I finally had 3 sub 100 rounds 96, 96, 99 and close to a 4th 100. And it all happened from sept 7th thru oct 19th last day for 08. This is a "cow pasture" course where it is barely kept up 5700 yard course par 66 don't know what the slope is, but the membership is only 480.00 for a couple for 09 and it is only about 15 min from my house. I thought that was good improvement for me with my disability this year I'd like to break 100 at least half the time I golf 18 holes. I'm shooting for bogey golf this year.

That's pretty good Jeff. I hope to average bogey golf this year myself!

Decent year for me, had quite a few 9 hole rds of 3-4 over. Actually managed to shoot par on the very last rd of the year...what the hell are the odds of that? Played well over 100 rds of both 9 & 18 holes. Played quite a few rds with net friends & had a blast.

Overall for me it as an AAA+++ golf year.

Give us a summary of your golf year in 2008. Better or worse? Change in swing, what club changes, etc...

hmmm, in one word: interesting.
took a couple years off (2006 & 2007) because i got sick. started playing again in late 2007 and got back on track pretty quickly. not quite as consistent as i was before i got sick, but i'm workin on it again

2008 Summary:
Best Round 18 Holes: 73 (twice)
Best 9 Holes: 34 (2 under)
Worst Round 18 Holes: 95

Scoring Avg 2008: 77.9

Who are you getting scouted by?

lipsomb university (local for me), university of tennessee chattanooga, and mississippi state. im about to send letters and talk to the coaches of samford university and augusta state university. augusta state was my original number 1 choice and i feel like i would rather play there than mississippi state even though ms state is sec. right now im being scouted by utc and ms state, but i have been offered a spot on the lipscomb team should i choose to go there

lipsomb university (local for me), university of tennessee chattanooga, and mississippi state. im about to send letters and talk to the coaches of samford university and augusta state university. augusta state was my original number 1 choice and i feel like i would rather play there than mississippi state even though ms state is sec. right now im being scouted by utc and ms state, but i have been offered a spot on the lipscomb team should i choose to go there

Any scholarships? And are you getting offers by mainly D1, D2, or D3 schools?

Mainly d2 offers for scholarship, I'm hoping to get some from the last few schools I mentioned in the next few months. Right now my handicap sucks cuz it was 1.4 over last summer that's why there's some interest from these colleges. I also posted some good tournament scores. Winter has definately killed me

Mainly d2 offers for scholarship, I'm hoping to get some from the last few schools I mentioned in the next few months. Right now my handicap sucks cuz it was 1.4 over last summer that's why there's some interest from these colleges. I also posted some good tournament scores. Winter has definately killed me

Try golfing in Alaska :wink:

I can't really say I started golfing again last year since I only got out 4 times. I did find my love for the game again. The biggest thing that happened was finding (being invited) this place. Thanks again Julie. :flowers4u:

That means a lot bogey

I can't really say I started golfing again last year since I only got out 4 times. I did find my love for the game again. The biggest thing that happened was finding (being invited) this place. Thanks again Julie. :flowers4u:

That means a lot bogey

sometimes you just need that small spark... then it all goes from there

glad you're back Bogey!

well smallville I'd be happy with double bogey golf every time out but I want bogey after only 3.5 years I'm getting close to matching my fiancee shot for shot she has been golfing for 22 years.

I guess my game would be best described as disappointing last year. I started off slow like always, then improved just to fight a draw all season long.

Back