2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably taking in 2500-2800 calories with about 80-100g of protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MOAR FOOD! Think 4000 calories. For the short term. This isn't a life long thing. Just don't be afraid to take a couple of weeks and eat.

MOAR FOOD! Think 4000 calories. For the short term. This isn't a life long thing. Just don't be afraid to take a couple of weeks and eat.

Haha... I will give it my best shot. 4000 calories seems crazy hard to achieve.

Haha... I will give it my best shot. 4000 calories seems crazy hard to achieve.

Not as hard as you believe. Drink some more milk. Whole milk. Pizza. Burgers. Protein shakes. Just don't think of eating clean right now. You need to do the ever popular dirty bulk.

Do you guys have Kwik Trip gas stations over there?

Not as hard as you believe. Drink some more milk. Whole milk. Pizza. Burgers. Protein shakes. Just don't think of eating clean right now. You need to do the ever popular dirty bulk.
Calories sure, but eating a ton of junk will do nothing but get him a gut.

Do you guys have Kwik Trip gas stations over there?

10-4 I will get on it this week, I will hit this mark, before i know it.

Calories sure, but eating a ton of junk will do nothing but get him a gut.
Cutting fat is easier than building strength. Get strong first then cut quick. Putting on 10 pounds won't get him a beer belly. Getting up to 240, different story.

Cutting fat is easier than building strength. Get strong first then cut quick. Putting on 10 pounds won't get him a beer belly. Getting up to 240, different story.
10lbs fast on my tall thin frame certainly started to show a belly, idk about him tho. I cut my calories down because of it so I wasnt gaining so much fat. Being skinny fat looks simply ridiculous but to each their own. Im just saying he could try to eat more but not just think pure dirty crap to hit a number but we've talked about this before hahaha. Ill stop ranting

10lbs fast on my tall thin frame certainly started to show a belly, idk about him tho. I cut my calories down because of it so I wasnt gaining so much fat. Being skinny fat looks simply ridiculous but to each their own. Im just saying he could try to eat more but not just think pure dirty crap to hit a number but we've talked about this before hahaha. Ill stop ranting
If he can hit 4000 calorie clean, then by all means.

If he can hit 4000 calorie clean, then by all means.
I dont disagree when you say clean is hard, it certainly is but I guess my emphasis is on cleanER. Clean as possible haha

I dont disagree when you say clean is hard, it certainly is but I guess my emphasis is on cleanER. Clean as possible haha
Sure. I'm not saying go eat 4 big macs and a cake. But whole milk is hardly dirty.

Sure. I'm not saying go eat 4 big macs and a cake. But whole milk is hardly dirty.
Hell no milk is great!! It's the pizza that threw me lol

Oh and yes I like pizza and eat it on occasion. Everything in moderation

One or two slices won't kill you.

My medium pizza did wonders for me hitting a high calorie count. Also ate a boat load of roast beef last night and felt great today.

My medium pizza did wonders for me hitting a high calorie count. Also ate a boat load of roast beef last night and felt great today.
Weird how that works.

If I could have a polyamorous relationship, pizza would be my second wife

Weird how that works.

If I could have a polyamorous relationship, pizza would be my second wife

Also had a pack yes a pack of sausages tonight with a bunch of vegies and I'm still hungry. Think I'll go look through the cupboards for some more food.

Also had a pack yes a pack of sausages tonight with a bunch of vegies and I'm still hungry. Think I'll go look through the cupboards for some more food.
Damn dude. What's your weightlifting program like?!

BTW, this is all good to me.

Damn dude. What's your weightlifting program like?!

BTW, this is all good to me.

program?

Tonight I'll give you a break down of what I did.
20 min on an arc trainer doing intervals every 75 seconds.
Overhead press with 120 lbs 5*5
Seated cable row started with 120lbs and climbed to 160lbs over 5 sets
Hanging leg raises 6*20
5 - 1 minute planks
20 minuets of stretching
3*45 push ups
5*5 shoulder raises 70lbs
4*25 on one of those seated abdominal machines set at 60lbs hitting the front and both sides
Lat pull down. 135lbs 5*8
Overhead press with 110lbs 3*10

program?

Tonight I'll give you a break down of what I did.
20 min on an arc trainer doing intervals every 75 seconds.
Overhead press with 120 lbs 5*5
Seated cable row started with 120lbs and climbed to 160lbs over 5 sets
Hanging leg raises 6*20
5 - 1 minute planks
20 minuets of stretching
3*45 push ups
5*5 shoulder raises 70lbs
4*25 on one of those seated abdominal machines set at 60lbs hitting the front and both sides
Lat pull down. 135lbs 5*8
Overhead press with 110lbs 3*10
From a time efficiency and long term health standpoint, I think you could skip the shoulder raises. I know you didn't ask for it but that's my opinion

Edit: at 70lbs, are you doing lateral shoulder raises or shrugs?

From a time efficiency and long term health standpoint, I think you could skip the shoulder raises. I know you didn't ask for it but that's my opinion

Edit: at 70lbs, are you doing lateral shoulder raises or shrugs?

Tonight it was one of the seated lateral machines. I don't really trust their weight. When I do it standing 30lbs per arm is enough. Interesting statement about the long term health. Why is that? I know when I don't do them any shoulder exercise causes some pain when I do them I don't have the pain. Not sure if you remember that I have an effed up shoulder but that is why I do them.

I should add time is not an issue. No kids and well some other things going on with the wifeish.

Tonight it was one of the seated lateral machines. I don't really trust their weight. When I do it standing 30lbs per arm is enough. Interesting statement about the long term health. Why is that? I know when I don't do them any shoulder exercise causes some pain when I do them I don't have the pain. Not sure if you remember that I have an effed up shoulder but that is why I do them.
They tend to cause impingement. as long as your elbows stay above the weights, you will be fine. They also don't do much for strength. Great for aesthetics. But dead hang chins and full shrugged out overhead Barbell press are the best lifts for shoulder health.

They tend to cause impingement. as long as your elbows stay above the weights, you will be fine. They also don't do much for strength. Great for aesthetics. But dead hang chins and full shrugged out overhead Barbell press are the best lifts for shoulder health.

That's interesting. I never thought they provided much useful strength but without doing them overhead press sucks and hurts like a sob. When I do them I have no shoulder pain and it doesn't crack like microwave popcorn in the morning.

That's interesting. I never thought they provided much useful strength but without doing them overhead press sucks and hurts like a sob. When I do them I have no shoulder pain and it doesn't crack like microwave popcorn in the morning.
I need to see your press. If you press correctly, there should be no pain.

[video=youtube;CnBmiBqp-AI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI&sns=em[/video]

I watched the starting strength one that was posted a few days ago. My form is good. I have 1 broken collar bone and 1 collar bone that buckled neither one of them healed properly forced me out of hockey at an awful time and I have had the pain in some movements since I was 17. When I wasn't working it out someday grabbing something from the top shelf would send a sharp pain in my shoulder.

I'm also not interested in having them re broken and hope they heal correctly this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back