Recommend a New TV Series

My wife and I watched the first two episodes of Blindspot. It's pretty entertaining in the plot twists and turns. There's a lot of typical CSI/cop-show ridiculousness you have to ignore if you want to enjoy it, but it's not the worst thing you can watch on a Monday night.

I tried daredevil but couldn't even get through one episode. Just didn't like it.

Love blacklist. Californication was one I never heard of but liked.

I can't wait for Mr. Robot to start the 2nd season. So much awesome in that show.

My wife and I watched the first two episodes of Blindspot. It's pretty entertaining in the plot twists and turns. There's a lot of typical CSI/cop-show ridiculousness you have to ignore if you want to enjoy it, but it's not the worst thing you can watch on a Monday night.

I just watched the pilot episode last night...I'm intrigued, but it had that...to simple / let's write with the ratings kind of feel to it, but it was entertaining, and one should never judge a show based on the pilot...I like the female lead...but I'm having trouble with the male lead...am I wrong but was there a hint of Australia in his accent? I didn't look him up.

I tried daredevil but couldn't even get through one episode. Just didn't like it.

Love blacklist. Californication was one I never heard of but liked.

I'm watching the whole series again, might be the third time. Seasons 1-4 are great, 5-7 not so much.

Longmire has been pretty good. Into season 2 now. Wife really likes it.

Longmire is good. I am so glad Netflix picked it up.

Almost finished watching Justified. Can't seem to get enough.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

For my Netflix friends:

Narcos

....You're welcome :)

After each episode we say, "Lot of crazy S goes on in the quiet state of Wyoming!"
That's what I said about Wallander ('cept Sweden)

Another Daredevil fan here (may be a love it or hate it show but am a fan of the comic - IMO got better with every show)
The Fall is excellent
Broadchurch (British ver. GRIPPING!)
Orphan Black
Red Road (little known but love it - they still only have 6 episodes up though)

And if you like comedy and haven't seen it yet ... ARCHER!!!
My favorite show on television BY FAR - a cross between The Office & James Bond if Bond was sleazy, alcoholic, entitled, with oedipal issues. Definitely NOT KID FRIENDLY. They get away with stuff that would never happen on a live action show because it's animated. Oh and you can skip the season of Archer Vice, except the first episode, and won't miss a thing.

If she likes Timothy Olyphant then "Deadwood" is pretty good, though they discontinued the series after 3 seasons (there have been rumors of doing a couple of two hour HBO movies to close the loose ends). I've just gotten into "Ray Donovan" (Showtime) which I really enjoy. "The Knick" on Cinemax is really good (only one season so far). "Rome" is an HBO mini-series (two seasons) was great. I loved Breaking Bad and it just gets better and better the more you watch. "Better Call Saul" is a spinoff of that so you really wouldn't get much of the content if you didn't watch BB. The Walking Dead is a favorite of mine though it can be a bit gory if your wife is squeamish. "Fear the Walking Dead" is turning into something good, starts slow and really is meant as an add-on to the original series. "Band of Brothers" and "From the Earth to the Moon" were great miniseries by HBO. If you've never watched it "The Sopranos" is a good one as well. Oh, "Boardwalk Empire" is another good series.

Edited to Add: Didn't read the OP carefully enough. Not sure how many of these are on Netflix but Amazon Prime will give you a lot of the older HBO series.

4 episodes into Bloodlines and I still don't know what to think.

The Man in the High Castle.

You're welcome :D

Did you keep watching it to the end of the season?

I agree. It was painful for the first 4-5 episodes. Then BOOM! I'd keep watching.

For those who haven't watched Shameless on Showtime, it's a pretty great series.

For those who haven't watched Shameless on Showtime, it's a pretty great series.

William h Macy is someone you love to hate. Emmy Rossum is so great. we had to stop watching it as the gravity of these people's lives just spiraled out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William h Macy is someone you love to hate. Emmy Rossum is so great. we had to stop watching it as the gravity of these people's lives just spiraled out of control.

I'm early in season 2, and I predict no happy endings.

I'm early in season 2, and I predict no happy endings.

I think we made it 3 seasons, maybe 4. deb broke our hearts the most because she refuses to accept their station in life and struggles to stay positive. it's a great show, just a little too "real."

I think we made it 3 seasons, maybe 4. deb broke our hearts the most because she refuses to accept their station in life and struggles to stay positive. it's a great show, just a little too "real."

Yeah, I can see it being too real. Sad show to watch at times.

Back