Golfshot GPS by: Shotzoom

Jzier139

Reaction score
Handicap
8.0 GHIN
I've used this app for iPhone pretty much since getting the original iPhone.
The user interface is simple yet effective. Plenty of yardage points from tee to green as well as green front, middle and back edge.
Overhead GPS view is a satellite image similar to google maps. Touching the aerial view allows you to split the distance from the green to a point which is great for club selection off the tee.
The app allows you to keep score for yourself as well as friends your playing with. Stats are accumulated by keeping track of sand shots per hole, fairway hit and number of putts.
Does anyone out there use another app? Pro's vs. Cons?

sounds good I think I need to get a better Phone.. I'm missing out on so many things....lol

It's VERY good. They have other apps too. Golf Plan with Paul Azinger which links to Golfshot, reads your stats and then builds you a custom "golf plan" to improve your weaknesses. The app is loaded with instructional videos and suggestions for practice. Their latest is Tiger Woods My Swing. It's a swing recorder app. It allows you to record your swing with templates for down the line and face on so you know exactly how far to be from the phone (camera). It comes pre-loaded with both views of Tiger's swing using Driver- PW. It also allows you to use and draw lines on the swing for swing plane, hip sway, head dip etc. You can draw your own or use the "Tiger Lines" which are the lines that he uses when he does video work. The best feature of the app ate the videos of Tiger explaining each line he uses, how to use them and what to look for when using them. It's like a mini lesson from Tiger.

Love the Golfshot GPS. Seriously pondering the Tiger Woods app.

Charge accessories from cart batteries!

Charge accessories from cart batteries!

Anyone who uses their phone for GPS golf apps knows they KILL your battery. I've been using this as a solution and since everyone who see's it is impressed with it and I've never seen anyone else with anything like it I figures I'd share it with my new friends here at THP.
4355f4e7-dbab-4700.jpg

It's the female end of a cigarette lighter adapter with battery clamps. Simply clamp on to the battery, plug in your phones car charger and your set for the rest of the round.
Enjoy your GPS without the worries of a dead battery.

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=8058943

Last edited:
Love Golfshot GPS! Highly recommend to anyone!

I've tried all the other golf GPS apps on the iPhone (ViewTi Golf, GolfLogix, etc.) and all the others crashed in the middle of my rounds leaving me with no score and no stats.

Golfshot has not crashed on me once, holds all my scorecards and stats, and is ridiculously simple to use and read.

Love the Golfshot GPS. Seriously pondering the Tiger Woods app.

I've used iSwing and a few other ones. My Swing is better simply due to the ease of drawing. Unlike other swing apps I've used, when the line isn't where you want it, you simple drag it into place. Even let's you resize it and change it's colors.

Phone Tripod Mount

Phone Tripod Mount

For the Tiger My Swing App I came up with this:
4355f4e7-ddf0-035e.jpg
4355f4e7-de00-14ae.jpg
4355f4e7-de10-4ffd.jpg

Simple yet effective. It's a rubber iPhone case. I used 1 "T" bracket, 1 "L" and some FLAT head machine screws and nuts. I used a wing nut to fasten to the tripod mounting screw and covered the screw heads with felt to protect the phone feom scratches.
Using TW My Swing's delay timer and this... Improvement is easy. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I've used a couple phone apps. None compare to the standalone Bushnell I have. I can use it for 4 rounds or so on a single charge. I like my phone to do phone things and GPS apps make that difficult.

I've been using this app for the last 6 months or so and I have never had battery problems. Just follow the directions on how to minimize power drain. I also turn my phone off between shots. It sometimes will say "Acquiring Satellite" but that takes less than 15 seconds to do and doesn't happen too often. I have played 36 and still had over 50% charge.
I also like the layup yardage feature. You can pick up to 3 different layup yardages and it will show those on each hole with yardage distance. I have mine set to 75, 100, & 225 yds. Very handy feature for playing to a number.

I've been using this app for the last 6 months or so and I have never had battery problems. Just follow the directions on how to minimize power drain. I also turn my phone off between shots. It sometimes will say "Acquiring Satellite" but that takes less than 15 seconds to do and doesn't happen too often. I have played 36 and still had over 50% charge.
I also like the layup yardage feature. You can pick up to 3 different layup yardages and it will show those on each hole with yardage distance. I have mine set to 75, 100, & 225 yds. Very handy feature for playing to a number.

See my post (#5) for a power alternative. The lag in acquiring time bothered me so I leave mine on all the time. Plus, going into settings and shutting everything off/on is a hassel before and after the round. Easier to hook up to battery and leave it running.

I use Golfshot GPS, really like it. I don't have any issues with it draining my battery. Last time I used it my battery started at 61% and when the round was finished I had just under 40% remaining. I keep it on all the time but I do press the sleep button to turn the iPhones screen off.

I recently got Golfshot and love it. Have a Upro Go which is nice, but I got tired of pulling out the phone to keep score, so I decided to get something all in one. Just played a 5 hour round the other day with it and had over 75% battery left.

Golfshot is great.

I got a Bushnell XGC before the iPhone 4 came out because the accuracy of the iPhone 3G GPS was shaky in places. The XGC is quicker and water resistant, which is nice. The con is that the full interactive requires downloads and the membership. I have completed my year of igolf and use Golfshot when it is a course that I do not have.

I think the iPhone 4 has better battery and better GPS, so I have thought about going back to it with no concerns whatsoever. I do find that the GolfShot "sleep" between shots is very effective of not draining the battery and not requiring too much iPhone interaction.

It was $30 well spent. Plus, I keep my stats on a card with the Bushnell vs. all-in-one with GolfShot.

I used it for the first time yesterday and it was awesome. The distances were right on. I love having a jailbroken iPhone because it was free. Will never play another round without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used it for the first time yesterday and it was awesome. The distances were right on. I love having a jailbroken iPhone because it was free. Will never play another round without it.

If you like it that much then I would consider buying it to support the developers

When they come out with an update I will. I like trying things first before I spend $30 on something I end up not liking.

When they come out with an update I will. I like trying things first before I spend $30 on something I end up not liking.

Only downside to the app... they don't come out with too many updates. I've emailed them numerous times with suggestions on features such as chip tracking, shot plotting on the aerial views, match play scoring etc. and all I get back is them saying they have lots of requests for those features and they're working on it.

That sucks. The app is still awesome so I will go ahead and buy it anyway.

That's good, the more people that buy and support it the more likely they will add features to it

I use free caddie I don't have the pro version so I only have front, middle and back but for free it us great and I think the pro version with all the bells and whistles it only $10 I should just get it. I use an android device

I use golf shot non gps version for keeping my scores. I've found nothing better so far. Keeps GIR's, fw's, putts ,ob, sand saves pretty much all the stats you need to know.

I am a HUGE fan of the Golfshot GPS app. I use it every round and it works fantastic! It is quite accurate and I love keeping track of my stats on the app. It intergrates so well with the other Shotzoom apps (GolfScape, Golfplan, and My Swing). Totally worth the $30! I hav not had an issue with it draining my battery too much, in fact I have played 36 holes on multiple occasions, using it for each shot and still had battery left over at the end. It is the best golf app out there!

That's good, the more people that buy and support it the more likely they will add features to it

I hear you. I am not the type of person to cheat people out of money. It is a good way to try out apps without wasting money. I tried a few different pay GPS apps and this one was the best. I actually paid for it already.

Back