Coachfrizz

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.0
Put golf pride multicpound on last year and they are already wore out. Looking for a good grip that will last longer and not wear my hands raw

Not just a plug, but I can honestly say that I really like the PURE grips available in the THP store. From what I can recall in that specific thread, everyone that has tried them has really liked them.

Not just a plug, but I can honestly say that I really like the PURE grips available in the THP store. From what I can recall in that specific thread, everyone that has tried them has really liked them.

I know it might seem biased, but I love them too. I love the system so much that I find myself trying to figure out which club I can regrip. Did one last night in fact!

I'm going to switch it up here and say Golf Pride VDR Grips are totally radical and tubular.

I was told the vdr's were really good and better on your hands. My next question is what is standard size? .580 or .600? Keep seeing both as standard

Put golf pride multicpound on last year and they are already wore out. Looking for a good grip that will last longer and not wear my hands raw

Before you replace them, have you tried taking a fine sand paper to them and roughing them up a bit? That tends to bring back a little bit of tacky feel and may delay the inevitable a little while longer.

Standard size used to be .600 but today shaft butts are anything but normal. Steel shafts are normally .600 but graphite can be .580-.620 and some are even different that that. When I buy new grips I usually go with the .600 since most all my shafts are .600. I play around 150 rounds a year and I change my grips at least 2-3 times a year. I also clean them every week to get oil and dirt off the grip. There is a tool that has two brushes on it. One side has a bristle brush and they other has a metal brush. I use the metal side when cleaning the grips this helps to rough them up a bit and keeps them a bit tackier.

Just looking at the thread title I came in here prepared to recommend the multicompounds... I love them.

THP Pride with the Pure Grips. Bias? Yes, but at the same time, they last for what seems like ever and cause no harm to my hands while remaining tacky.

THP Pride with the Pure Grips. Bias? Yes, but at the same time, they last for what seems like ever and cause no harm to my hands while remaining tacky.

I like these grips better than the multicompound and tour velvet. Much softer on the hands IMO

I've always been a fan of Lamkin's R.E.L 3GEN. Now that they make them in every color that you can think of I don't think I'll be trying anything else.

Never heard of the sand paper trick, will try that today. I like the multiconpound grips, they are very expensive and don't last that long

I was going to say NDMC's lol.

I love the Tour Velvet grips myself. I have not tried the pures yet, and am very interested, but I haven't ponied up the cash for the install tool, so I can't help there.

I was going to say NDMC's lol.

I love the Tour Velvet grips myself. I have not tried the pures yet, and am very interested, but I haven't ponied up the cash for the install tool, so I can't help there.

You dont need the install tool to install them.

You dont need the install tool to install them.
I haven't ponied up the cash for grip tape, solvent and a shaft vise either, haha.

So you can install them using air without the tool? Okay, you win-- how?

So you can install them using air without the tool? Okay, you win-- how?

Just like any shafts. There is a ton of info on it in the THP Pure grips thread, but it is quite easy. My neighbor just put pure grips on his irons with no tool. Slight wetting of the shaft and get it on there. Let dry. You would do it just like any other grips, just without the tape if you dont want it.

That is interesting, I thought you had to have tape if you didn't use an air compressor for some reason.

I'm going to switch it up here and say Golf Pride VDR Grips are totally radical and tubular.

QFT. I am a big fan of the VDR grips myself.

That is interesting, I thought you had to have tape if you didn't use an air compressor for some reason.

I second JB, it is their rubber formula that sticks to the metal better than other grips that allows the installation to be tapeless. The compressor is just the means to get the thing on.

Before you replace them, have you tried taking a fine sand paper to them and roughing them up a bit? That tends to bring back a little bit of tacky feel and may delay the inevitable a little while longer.

I agree. I use GP tour velvet's and I play nearly every day. When they get a little slick, I just sand them lightly and clean them good and they are like new. I went all year with the same grips and they are still good.

I agree. I use GP tour velvet's and I play nearly every day. When they get a little slick, I just sand them lightly and clean them good and they are like new. I went all year with the same grips and they are still good.

Exactly this. It's about the same as putting air in your tire when you have a nail in it. Do it so often and you'll keep going, but it's going to eventually need taken care of.

I put Goodyear (same company that makes the tires) half corded grips on and they've held up real well for two full seasons. I really like them, ordered a bunch extra to have on hand when these wear out. Although they don't have the exact same type that I have anymore, you can get similar ones from Golfsmith for under 3 bucks a grip.

how much do you play?

Back