Getting a drone for Christmas?

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Does it weigh more than 0.55 pounds? Then you have to register it. If you don't, it could cost you ... to the tune of $27,500.

Merry Christmas!

As a reference: the Air Hogs Millenium Falcon weighs 1.4 pounds (as a total product) ... though how much of that is the controller, and how much of that is the drone, I don't know.

A guy not far from here shot one down with a shotgun that was flying over his daughter laying by the pool.............

We were just talking about this since we have a few of them for work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A guy not far from here shot one down with a shotgun that was flying over his daughter laying by the pool.............
I don't blame him. Those for sure will need to be registered. A lot of these smaller ones (like the Air Hogs ones) are so light, I doubt they have enough power to support and operate a camera. The low weight threshold however means a lot of people are going to have register ... and they don't have much time to do so.

Interesting. The last time I read about this, they made it seem like it would be a few months until anything got on paper, let alone on the books.

I have a cheaper DJI drone that I fly just for fun, so I'll register it, as it's no big deal to me.

Does it weigh more than 0.55 pounds? Then you have to register it. If you don't, it could cost you ... to the tune of $27,500.

Merry Christmas!

As a reference: the Air Hogs Millenium Falcon weighs 1.4 pounds (as a total product) ... though how much of that is the controller, and how much of that is the drone, I don't know.
Crazy to think you'd have to remember to register the drone, I assume the manufacturers will be adding some kind of documentation in all the future production?

Crazy to think you'd have to remember to register the drone, I assume the manufacturers will be adding some kind of documentation in all the future production?
One would think so ... it'd be pretty prudent to do so. At least then they can say "We tried to warn you ... not our fault you didn't RTFM."

My mom bought one for my son with a GoPro camera. We wil see if it gets registered

Back