A Day at The TaylorMade Performance Lab in Olympia Fields Country Club, Illinois

I dont want this to take away from CG13s experience in anyway, but SirSliceALot116 just posted this in the Deal of the day thread, and I didnt want anyone to miss out on the wonderful opportunity CG went through.

Can be used through 2013! Use it before or after the outing folks!!

It was worth every dollar of the $400 so I HIGHLY suggest anyone close to do this. For $139 it's a STEAL!

great write up, this looks like an amazing experience, I may have to make my way down there!

If you are in the market for a fitting- or near Chicago I would highly recommend a fitting at the TMPL. it was an unbelievable experience.

The knowledge and peace of mind you walk away with is second to none.

They are extremely knowledgeable and there is no other fitter that compares to the guys at TaylorMade.

Your account makes me want to drive up there from Georgia!

Great writeup and thanks for sharing. Sounds like an awesome day and experience. Good luck with the new sticks!

Nice write up CG and thanks for sharing. That looked and sounds like an awesome experience!

Last edited:
Very nice recap, glad you found a set up that works for your game. What's next? Do you send these to TM for your clubs for MC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I really enjoyed reading this. My wife almost set me up with the TM lab. I might have to take her up on it next time she offers. Good stuff!

All I can say is wow! After reading that I want to go to Chicago and apply to just work there! What an awesome experience and even better was the fact you got to play the course with the clubs!

Heck of a write up on what surely sounds like a trip of a lifetime. That kind of confidence in clubs you know were custom, your going to be killing it at the MC!!

It felt pretty awkward being set up like a character from Tron, eh? I found it pretty hilarious when I did it.

WOW!!! That seems like it was an unbelievable experience!!! Awesome write up on it cg!

Awesome write up CG! The experience sounds amazing and thanks for sharing the info/pics. I enjoyed reading through the post.

Thank you CG for sharing your experience. I also play TM, and though I haven't been fitted as thorough as you were, you are correct when you say they take great pride in getting you the right fit for the clubs you use.

That was fantastic. I couldnt stop until I covered it all. It felt like Being there .....Thanks for sharing that incredible experience......

Wow, that sounds like an incredible experience! Oh, and thanks for the link because of that I found out there is a TMPL at Redstone in Houston about an hour away! Too bad that deal was only for Orlando!

Time to start saving the pennies!

I skimmed the thread of the food posting wanting to see what others recommended and missed completely that you were going to IL for this fitting. WOW it sounds amazing. I think I've found Mr. blind9's fathers day present. Great stuff you shared!!

Thanks CG for the write up. The details made me feel like a I was there. What an amazing day that must have been. I hit the r-11 at my clubs Taylor made fitting day and I really like the set up they put me in but I didn't get to try the different shafts. If I lived closer to Orlando I would buy the $139 fitting in a heartbeat. I want to someday have the feeling you must have knowing that your clubs were made to "your" specifications.

Last edited:
Great write up cg13 !

What a fantastic experience.

Great stuff CG! I'm glad to see you had such a great experience. :)

Back