Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

AHA and I could take practice swings all day!

I love these irons. I can hit a hook (some call it a draw but come on) and slice (some call it a fade but really?) on command dude. It helps because since I know I can hit these, I just don't do these things, keep a good tempo and the ball goes straight or has a real draw. I love it.

You're going to be money with these irons. You and I in a scramble would be unbeatable with these in the bag. Scary thing is, Team Hackers knows that the truth! They will probably want to throw AHA and TC at us for that very reason.

You're going to be money with these irons. You and I in a scramble would be unbeatable with these in the bag. Scary thing is, Team Hackers knows that the truth! They will probably want to throw AHA and TC at us for that very reason.

hahaha, why on earth would we play you two? I actually want a challenge and want to see some decent golf.

hahaha, why on earth would we play you two? I actually want a challenge and want to see some decent golf.

That would be like you and I playing Jake and Thainer again. NEXT!

That would be like you and I playing Jake and Thainer again. NEXT!

Lol.....ain't that the truth. NEXT!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I need to take a shower. I love how you Hackers believe in your propaganda. I know for a fact half your team won't break a hundy playing the Nicklaus. It's going to Sunday bloody Sunday out there.

Glad all of the Callaway irons are working out for everyone.

I need to take a shower. I love how you Hackers believe in your propaganda. I know for a fact half your team won't break a hundy playing the Nicklaus. It's going to Sunday bloody Sunday out there.

Interesting. I'm sure its a tough track but to me it's just another golf course. I guess I'm pretty fortunate that where I grew up is littered with Nicklaus, Palmer, Fazio designed courses. They don't really intimidate me.

Interesting. I'm sure its a tough track but to me it's just another golf course. I guess I'm pretty fortunate that where I grew up is littered with Nicklaus, Palmer, Fazio designed courses. They don't really intimidate me.
Psst...I wasn't talking about you Cap. ;)

Palmer is still a Callaway staffer, no?

Yeah, he's their 2nd highest paid staffer behind Phil. Isn't that wild?

I'm going to make that Nicklaus course my B*$^& so I know you're not talking about me.

I didn't know that, and thats crazy!

That's remarkable. I love hearing his stories. He's a great ambassador for the game.

Glad all of the Callaway irons are working out for everyone.

I find this funny.

Hit these again tonight at the range. Supposed to meet a buddy of mine but work happened. Ill be on the course tomorrow provided all goes well at the office.

I couldnt get a good tempo going because TC had me freaked out about turf interaction and 2inch behind the ball divots.....Im joking btw haha.

Good thing these are forgiving. :) Not much new to report on the sound/feel side but I have to say these clubs provide wonderful feedback. To me that is the audible tone and somewhat loud feel on a mishit. Its not punishing to feel but very distinct.

I also practiced my greenside shots with an 8i exclusively. They dont get caught up in the rough from what I saw tonight and I found a lot of success on uphill lies which required a shot that landed soft. The rollout is predictable much like Im seeing with distances.

Not a huge report but I thought Id check in and give a little update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great range session with the RXT's yesterday. It was overcast, there was thunder in the distance and a decent headwind facing us golfers on the range. I am finding myself seriously falling for these irons. I wish I could get my true feelings across concerning how much I like looking down at them. Sleek looking but with enough meat on the bone that I'm not nervous. No one wants to be nervous over a golf ball. I'm also digging the ball flight and responsiveness of the KBS Tour iron shafts. This is my first rodeo with these shafts and they don't disappoint. I'm launching the ball high, it just takes a nice, natural ascension to get to max height, as opposed to just jumping up there.

I still need to spend some time with the longer irons (4 & 5). I find myself so addicted to the scoring irons that I just keep hitting them over and over. I've also determined that I love the nickel finish on the iron head. They just ooze class. I do want to put some head covers on them I think. The thought of them getting nicked up or scratched up makes me nervous.

Well done Callaway Golf! Perhaps some of the best irons I've hit in quite some time. I don't know how you packed that much goodness into that iron head but I like it! Like it a lot!

I had a great range session with the RXT's yesterday. It was overcast, there was thunder in the distance and a decent headwind facing us golfers on the range. I am finding myself seriously falling for these irons. I wish I could get my true feelings across concerning how much I like looking down at them. Sleek looking but with enough meat on the bone that I'm not nervous. No one wants to be nervous over a golf ball. I'm also digging the ball flight and responsiveness of the KBS Tour iron shafts. This is my first rodeo with these shafts and they don't disappoint. I'm launching the ball high, it just takes a nice, natural ascension to get to max height, as opposed to just jumping up there.

I still need to spend some time with the longer irons (4 & 5). I find myself so addicted to the scoring irons that I just keep hitting them over and over. I've also determined that I love the nickel finish on the iron head. They just ooze class. I do want to put some head covers on them I think. The thought of them getting nicked up or scratched up makes me nervous.

Well done Callaway Golf! Perhaps some of the best irons I've hit in quite some time. I don't know how you packed that much goodness into that iron head but I like it! Like it a lot!

Good stuff TC, im glad they are working so well for ya, nothing like having a set of irons that do everything you want them to. To the bolded, do it man, i have had them on my mizzys since last year and its saved them from so much bag chatter, also not one problem with rust since i take them off as soon as i get home, they are only on when im driving to the course and playing.

Good stuff TC, im glad they are working so well for ya, nothing like having a set of irons that do everything you want them to. To the bolded, do it man, i have had them on my mizzys since last year and its saved them from so much bag chatter, also not one problem with rust since i take them off as soon as i get home, they are only on when im driving to the course and playing.

Yeah, I'm thinking they need something. I don't have a stigma attached to iron covers like some do dude. I just love the finish and look of these irons and would like to preserve that for as long as possible.

Yeah, I'm thinking they need something. I don't have a stigma attached to iron covers like some do dude. I just love the finish and look of these irons and would like to preserve that for as long as possible.

my thoughts exactly

wow TC what a changed man you've become...

Cart Bag instead of a stand bag, Mallet putter instead of a blade, now iron covers? I feel as if I don't even know you anymore haha

wow TC what a changed man you've become...

Cart Bag instead of a stand bag, Mallet putter instead of a blade, now iron covers? I feel as if I don't even know you anymore haha

I guess I'm getting older dude. I dunno what's happening. Perhaps it's the fumes? I never, ever would've thought I'd have a Mallet in the bag, but look at me, all Malleted up!

I guess I'm getting older dude. I dunno what's happening. Perhaps it's the fumes? I never, ever would've thought I'd have a Mallet in the bag, but look at me, all Malleted up!

cant deny what works buddy, putter is one of the most important if not the most important club in the bag and you need what works

Hit these again tonight at the range. Supposed to meet a buddy of mine but work happened. Ill be on the course tomorrow provided all goes well at the office.

I couldnt get a good tempo going because TC had me freaked out about turf interaction and 2inch behind the ball divots.....Im joking btw haha.

Good thing these are forgiving. :) Not much new to report on the sound/feel side but I have to say these clubs provide wonderful feedback. To me that is the audible tone and somewhat loud feel on a mishit. Its not punishing to feel but very distinct.

I also practiced my greenside shots with an 8i exclusively. They dont get caught up in the rough from what I saw tonight and I found a lot of success on uphill lies which required a shot that landed soft. The rollout is predictable much like Im seeing with distances.

Great to hear Yoccos. Those less lofted shots around the green are a great addition to your arsenal of awesome shot-making!

I'm really a big fan of the shafts too. They feel so much better than some of the other comparable shafts. Glad they are working out for you.

Good stuff Yoccs! @awesome feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all the Team Hackers members should get iron covers. Then they should just give us The Morgan Cup. No way in hell we lose a point to a team of iron coverers.

Kevin

Last edited:
I got to play 2 yesterday. Appearantly there was a tournament. I went double - par. Not too bad considering I drove into a tree lol. Thing was my irons were long. Much longer that what I thought based off my range time. I gps'd my 8i carry 144 with a real low ball flight (off the bottom of the club) and it rolled out to 155-160.. My 7i gps'd, at 124, 164, 170 (first was a fat shot that rolled to 150). This is considerably longer than what I thought and I don't know if that's what it will be consistantly but Ill take it. I didn't warm up at all and was told I had 10 mins on the course, hence 2 holes lol. So I just got up and hit.

I used the AW to pitch on the second hole because I still had about 15 yards to the pin. The ball landed soft and left with my par putt from 10 or so which I made. The feel with the AW is more muted on pitches than the JAWS but it's easier to hit. In fact I should've used that shot on the 1st hole after my ball ran over the green with the low 8i and I probably would've ended up with a bogey.

I went to the range after for some more practice and just hit some really good shots and a couple bad ones. I'm getting real good feel of these distances and I'm hoping to get dailed in before my annual scramble next sat. Ill be heading out tonight to play 18 after work. I'm still shaking my head at how long these are. A full club or so more than my Nike's. The uniflex shaft is pretty flexible and something I have to keep in mind when swing. Can't overswing with these.

Took these out for a quick 9 at an executive course. I know it's late but I wanted to put my thoughts down before I lost them lol. 3/9 GIR's isnt great but I wasn't missing by much. Much improvement accuracy wise with these over my previous set. The right lie angle helps but there is not denying how accurate these clubs are.

My distances were off from yesterday and they were about a club shorter. The ball had a good rise to it but seemed to hang a little in the air. Most likely I was mishitting the ball but I couldn't tell a huge difference in sound/feel. If I only lose 10 yards Ill take it. Again, most likely an operator error and the condition of the course today was a lot different from the one yesterday. It was still a little frustrating. My miss is because I can start to sway and that will cause all sorts of issues, but I usually hit the ball pretty well and come down on it pretty steep.

I'm also learning the AW is a very valuable weapon around the green. This club is much easier to hit than my 50* from my experience so far. On a 50 yard shot this club performed without missing a beat. It's not one I'd expect to stop a ball as quick as the JAWS wedge but the rollout is going to help on some of my shots.

Overall very pleased so far and hopefully can get away tomorrow before I start a long night of work. Today started out bad with a double, bogey, double, bogey but I ended up par'ing the last 5 holes in a ROW. Great way to end the round.

Pars, pars, and more pars. I think that should be the Team Paradise motto.

Kevin

Back