SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

That's awesome thedue! Sounds very similar to what I have been experiencing lately. So-so play tee to green and expecting a 44 or 45 and you are actually at a 40 or 41. Putting has definitely saved me lately and just like you, I know that breaking 80 is around the corner if I can clean up some poor iron play. Maybe that day will be tomorrow! :)

That's awesome thedue! Sounds very similar to what I have been experiencing lately. So-so play tee to green and expecting a 44 or 45 and you are actually at a 40 or 41. Putting has definitely saved me lately and just like you, I know that breaking 80 is around the corner if I can clean up some poor iron play. Maybe that day will be tomorrow! :)

Sooner or later we'll get there mcook. If I can discipline myself to swing consistantly with my irons like I learned to do through this SeeMore testing I think its just a matter of time. Good luck tomorrow, hope its a new start out there.

That is some great improvement Mary, well done!

So after several weeks of playing almost non stop, I'm now in day 10 of not getting a round in but I've been keeping constant track of my putting statistics in the past 12 weeks :

Here is where we are today when I uploaded all the info from my rounds between March 1 until June 1: (BS = Before SeeMore) (AS = After SeeMore)

Putts Per Round: BS = 43, AS = 36
Average Distance of Longest Putt Made: BS = 9.5', AS = 16'
Average 3 Putts Per Round: BS = 10, AS = 2 (Note: This has been the most thrilling change for me. I can't tell you how much not three putting does to your confidence. My golf friends have started calling "AutoMagic" when putting from 7' and in)
Average 2 Putts Per Round: BS = 2, AS = 14
Average Miss: BS = Push to right, AS = Leave it hanging on lip of hole (Note: This is the thing I'm still working on, trusting my judge of the speed to make the ball turn those last two turns to drop)

I no longer think about my set up when putting. I step up, set up, take my practice stroke and go. I love how confident I feel with the putter.

Now if Ted and the guys/gals at SeeMore just had a fix for my total lack of confidence when I step in the teebox...

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to get on the practice green again and get doing some drills :D
The videos have been really helpfull, I understand how the RST can help me get in the best position every time now. My old putter was too short and I feel way upright now but thats not a bad feeling , it's nice and athletic :)
I look forward to reporting my progress as my time with the putter goes on as well.

Also congratulations Mary, those improvements are significant! Getting those 3 putts off the card does wonders!

Great stuff coming in. Congrats Mary, pretty incredible how much that SeeMore is lowering your scores. Good luck Mabbsy, I'm sure you will see similar results to all of us.

I had men's league last night and came away kind of bewildered. It was really cold and windy here, mid 50's and 25 mph winds just seemed to shut the ball down. My drives were ok, just not long, while my irons where all over the place. Chipping was way off from the norm and by the last hole I was expecting my score to be in the 44 range, but was surprised when the card showed an even 40. The putter was the only thing really clicking. I made numerous putts in the 15 to 18 ft range and all but one from inside 8 ft. Mary's description of hearing her playing partners say "Automatic" is so dead on as thats what these guys kept saying when I walked up to a putt.

This SeeMore putter has made it possible for me to drop my average by a minimum of 3 to 4 strokes a round, possibly more. I feel like breaking 80 consistently is finally attainable, all I have to do is get my iron play in hand and its a forgone conclusion at this point.

Love to hear it Duey. I love me some SeeMore! Now work on those irons! :)

Question for all of the testers:

How dependent are you on the RST? Do you notice it much anymore?

I do not even notice it anymore. I do still periodically check and I NEVER see red. I have just gotten so use to the proper setup that it is automatic when I setup to the ball.

At first I concentrated alot on the red dot because I was changing stance, grip, and using a straight shafted putter for the first time. Now, the RST has become second nature for me. I take a quick glance at it as I address the ball to check whether I am aligned, then make a good stroke. Very rarely I am not in the correct position, and RST lets me know, so I adjust.

Just thought i'd butt in here as I am thrilled at the arrival of my new seemore DB4 gunmetal! It got posted 6 days earlier than expected and It looks amazing! This has to be the single best golf purchase I have ever made :)
I only had the chance to roll some putts on an artificial green last night but the feeling off the face is absolutely perfect and the RST certainly help alignment thats for sure.
I'm hoping that the seemore can help my confidence over putts and get me putting more like I should- it's been really awesome reading through everyones experiences with their own seemore putters and I'm so excited to get working on it :D
Does anyone have any tips to help me get started e.g. posture or grip etc?

Thats great glad you are part of the SeeMore Family

I don't know if you can call it dependent. Maybe like a child in the beginning years when you show them how to walk, they are dependent .But soon after wards they are running everywhere without you. That is where I'm at . I'm running and not looking back I honestly had stopped noticing it a while back. Ready Aim Fire.....No thought all habit..

I am another "self tester" I got an FGP not so long ago as a result of THP-
I do still notice the RST a bit as it has become part of the set up - my biggest two breakthroughs so far are:

1) putt naturally - ie: the arc happens or it doesn't on a shorter putts & no more trying to put the putter on a SB/ST

2) Use a Marked ball- The triangulator taught me that what I thought was perfectly straight was actually about 2" left on a 10' putt! For awhile I tried to just learn to putt a little more right than I thought I should. I then started to put a line on my ball and line up from behind (trying to do this quickly) so that when I go in I just line up with the ball line and TRUST it - this is hard cause it does not always look correct to me - BUT this is really working!! It has taken me a couple months but I am really finally getting it!!

2) Use a Marked ball- The triangulator taught me that what I thought was perfectly straight was actually about 2" left on a 10' putt! For awhile I tried to just learn to putt a little more right than I thought I should. I then started to put a line on my ball and line up from behind (trying to do this quickly) so that when I go in I just line up with the ball line and TRUST it - this is hard cause it does not always look correct to me - BUT this is really working!! It has taken me a couple months but I am really finally getting it!!

I can not emphasize enough how much this has helped me. To me, it is simple math.

1) I have a line on my ball that I line up from behind where I want the putt to START rolling - not where it will finish.
2) I then setup the putter square to that line using the alignment line and RST on the putter.
3) Fire away

I do not miss much at all within 10 feet. It simply works for me.

I have to echo the other testers here and say the RST has become 2nd nature, to the point where I'll roll my old putter and picture the RST on it.

I don't notice it too much. On the practice green I try and make sure it's hidden

I'm definitely not dependent on it per say. But it doesn't necessarily go un-noticed either. My stance, setup and alignment have become extremely consistent thanks to the RST, but I don't feel like I have to focus on hiding the red dot and seeing the 2 white lines anymore. I read my putt, setup including a glance at the RST if you will but I'm not agonizing over it or anything of that nature that's for sure.

I don't even notice it anymore. So much so I had to sit here for a second and try to think about it.

Just finished my 18 for today. 29 total putts on the round which i solid for me. I had 7 one putts and 11 two putts. All of the ones putts from were within 10 feet. also made several in the 5-7 foot range to save a 2 putt. Again - NO 3 PUTTS today. Absolutely awesome!!

I did not make any spectactular putts on the day...none of my makes were from more than 10 feet or so but just a solid day overall. I know I sound like a broken recorder but since I started back over with the program a few weeks ago, every round feels more solid than the last. Finally have at least one part of my game that I can count on!!

Heading back out tomorrow for another 18 on a course that I have not played in years so should be a good challenge.

Just my first update after my first propper day with the putter :)

I started out with some putting drills just to get used to the putter. It felt amazing! Soft but firm at the same time off of the face and it put a lovely roll on the ball. I felt comfortable over 6 footers and made lots of different putts with different lines and slopes. Longer putts rolled up nicely and I made a few 20+ footers with it. I'm still getting used to being more upright though, my misses were all right due to not releasing the putter. Did anyone else seem to miss them to the right at first?
Also sometimes I felt as if I was manipulating the putter unconsciously rather than letting it just swing back and through on the arc. I am going to have to work on this posture for a while but other than that, I'm extremely happy with it!
I play a game to help my shortgame called par 18 where I play 9 different short game shots 3 easy, 3 medium and 3 hard from different lies and to different flags. I then have to putt the ball into the hole. Each hole is a par 2 and at the end however many over you are multiplied by two is your short game "handicap".
I managed to get a steady +3 today which put me at a short game handicap of 6. I was pleased that I felt more comfortable over the putts which is such a nice feeling! My chipping and pitching just needs to improve a little more :)

Just finished my 18 for today. 29 total putts on the round which i solid for me. I had 7 one putts and 11 two putts. All of the ones putts from were within 10 feet. also made several in the 5-7 foot range to save a 2 putt. Again - NO 3 PUTTS today. Absolutely awesome!!

I did not make any spectactular putts on the day...none of my makes were from more than 10 feet or so but just a solid day overall. I know I sound like a broken recorder but since I started back over with the program a few weeks ago, every round feels more solid than the last. Finally have at least one part of my game that I can count on!!

Heading back out tomorrow for another 18 on a course that I have not played in years so should be a good challenge.

You had a nice 29 that is great.. I had 30 putts , but they were good Putts. The hole locations where really tough today, But no 3 putts so Im happy. I had a few lip outs . I have to tell you guys I think that is probably the one thing I hate most when putting, That dang Lip out.....
Another 18 Sunday Morning.... hope it is a 20's day.....

Just my first update after my first propper day with the putter :)

I started out with some putting drills just to get used to the putter. It felt amazing! Soft but firm at the same time off of the face and it put a lovely roll on the ball. I felt comfortable over 6 footers and made lots of different putts with different lines and slopes. Longer putts rolled up nicely and I made a few 20+ footers with it. I'm still getting used to being more upright though, my misses were all right due to not releasing the putter. Did anyone else seem to miss them to the right at first?
Also sometimes I felt as if I was manipulating the putter unconsciously rather than letting it just swing back and through on the arc. I am going to have to work on this posture for a while but other than that, I'm extremely happy with it!
I play a game to help my shortgame called par 18 where I play 9 different short game shots 3 easy, 3 medium and 3 hard from different lies and to different flags. I then have to putt the ball into the hole. Each hole is a par 2 and at the end however many over you are multiplied by two is your short game "handicap".
I managed to get a steady +3 today which put me at a short game handicap of 6. I was pleased that I felt more comfortable over the putts which is such a nice feeling! My chipping and pitching just needs to improve a little more :)

I did miss right at first and because I wasn't releasing well. I got over that pretty quickly, I was missing right before the seemore, but because I was pushing in my SBST approach...

Better now and improving.

So I am not one of the testers, but I got to swing tomahawks seemore and it is nice. He has the center shafted mid mallet and he putts so well with that putter! Everything inside of 8 feet was automatic for him. Definitely a fantastic putter!

Well I just got home from my round today. I will go more in depth when I get back from dinner but good lord was I awful today. I couldn't putt to save my life.

Well I just got home from my round today. I will go more in depth when I get back from dinner but good lord was I awful today. I couldn't putt to save my life.

Chunky, I had a bad day today too, way too many shorties that lipped out... From 10ft and out I was really good though. Towards the end of my round I realized I was looking to the hole too quickly instead of keeping my eyes on the ball until I finished my stroke.

That being said, I wanna add that I mark my ball with a solid line through the writing on the side of the ball, and that coupled with the RST is helping a lot, I'm much better from 10-12 ft which is good for scoring.

Pretty average results at Pumpkin Ridge stats wise, but my improvement is noticeable. Ended with 32 putts (17-15), but made some very nice strokes. My wedges and short irons could have made it a lot easier on my Si3, but I left myself some longish birdie putts. Only one 3 putt. On a course I have never played, overall I'm pretty happy.

Back