New guy from North Florida

Rvick82

Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 16.5
Hey everyone, I'm Ryan from Florida. Found your forums online. I was an avid golfer in High School and played 2-3 times a week (played very well although never broke par). Then I left for college and only played a handful of times in a decade! Sold the clubs to help pay for some college expenses. I have recently got back into the game in the last 6 months and am playing on a set of 40 y/o blades and 12 y/0 callaway steel driver. My first time back on the course I shot a 102! Ouch! I started taking lessons again and in the last 6 months been able to work my game back down to the high 80s. I am looking forward to using your forums and getting new clubs for Christmas!

Glad to have ya Rvick and you will enjoy this site!

Welcome aboard

Hi Ryan welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Always great to have another Floridian here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Ryan!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Welcome to the big show

Welcome!

welcome to THP!

Hey everyone, I'm Ryan from Florida. Found your forums online. I was an avid golfer in High School and played 2-3 times a week (played very well although never broke par). Then I left for college and only played a handful of times in a decade! Sold the clubs to help pay for some college expenses. I have recently got back into the game in the last 6 months and am playing on a set of 40 y/o blades and 12 y/0 callaway steel driver. My first time back on the course I shot a 102! Ouch! I started taking lessons again and in the last 6 months been able to work my game back down to the high 80s. I am looking forward to using your forums and getting new clubs for Christmas!

Hi Ryan !!! Welcome to THP .... you are gonna REALLY LIKE IT HERE !!!!

Lots and Lots of us found the forums while searchin' for some golf related item(s) .... GREAT to find THP huh ? :twist:

when you have a chance and maybe the funds look at finding some newer irons and driver - they are sure to help you improve quicker than yur old stuff and offer you more fun getting back into the game ! IMO of course :)

Welcome Back !!!

Welcome to THP Ryan, where in N Florida are you located?

:welcome:

Glad you found THP. It's an awesome resource.

when you have a chance and maybe the funds look at finding some newer irons and driver - they are sure to help you improve quicker than yur old stuff and offer you more fun getting back into the game ! IMO of course :)

Yeah, I plan on at least getting a new set of irons and a new driver with all the money I am asking for Christmas! I will hopefully be able to start off the new season next year with more up-to-date equipment!

Welcome to THP Ryan, where in N Florida are you located?

I am in Jacksonville. My favorite AFFORDABLE courses in the area are Ameila River GC, Fleming Island GC and Laurel Links.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Yeah, I plan on at least getting a new set of irons and a new driver with all the money I am asking for Christmas! I will hopefully be able to start off the new season next year with more up-to-date equipment!

I am in Jacksonville. My favorite AFFORDABLE courses in the area are Ameila River GC, Fleming Island GC and Laurel Links.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
My sister in law is in Jacksonville, I am up that way a good bit as well. May have to tee it up one day soon!

Welcome!

Have you played any of the courses on the east side of Jacksonville?

Windsor Parke, Queens Harbour, Ponte Vedra G&CC? You can play there for $30-$40 on golfnow.com

:welcome:

My sister in law is in Jacksonville, I am up that way a good bit as well. May have to tee it up one day soon!

I love to if I am free! Just let me know...

Have you played any of the courses on the east side of Jacksonville?

Windsor Parke, Queens Harbour, Ponte Vedra G&CC? You can play there for $30-$40 on golfnow.com

I have not played any of the three above. I have been trying to play Queens Harbour but it hasn't worked out lately with my finances. I just bought a house and am getting married in March so funds are kinda tight. My budget has been about $20 or less for a round of golf as of late. So I've been playing a lot of cheap courses lately (Deerfield Lakes, Mill Cove, UNF golf plex for good practice, etc)

Ryan

Welcome to THP, Ryan.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Back