Steel President

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I'll be staying at Indian Wells during the second week of January. We have a group of six for the week. I've been to Palm Springs before but never have I been to or played either course at Indian Wells. Obviously, the course gained even greater notoriety after being featured on Big Break but I just wanted to see if any THP'ers had some thoughts for a first timer? I'm really pumped! For those who have been there, which course do you prefer?

Try not to get caught staring at, imho, is a beautiful desert landscape. The courses, Celebrity and Players if I remember correctly were both redone in the past 10 years - like, closed and redone. I forget which was which, one is much longer and the other smaller fairways and lots of up hill shots. This is one of those places where you might randomly run into a Senior PGA player or stud SoCal Jr. Player.

Best part? Comp rooms!

: )

Whoooot !!!!

Good on ya !!!!

I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures!

So, I've since found out that we're playing both Indian Wells courses, Shadow Ridge (which I've played before), and the Classic Club (an Arnold Palmer course). I'd imagine we'll play a few others as well.

Can't wait! Should be fun.

One week! Can't wait.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Back last night from 2 wks in the valley.
Played Silverrock, Terra Lago North, Encena, Mission HIlls (Pete Dye course), Pga West Norman and Palmer and a few other privates.
Silverrock and Encena in tremendous condition. Love them both. PGA Palmer was like walking on new carpet, private tho
Have played the Indian Wells courses on other stays, Troon courses are almost always excellent, just didnt get there this time.
The one I missed that I love is Desert Willow, Firecliff course. Great course. Pretty close to Classic Club for a 36 hole day?
Clubhouse at Classic is really awesome.
Dine at Yard house, Crap pot, Babe's, Sammy;s, Arnolds place, Pacifica (a bit over priced).

Thanks for some of the recommendations! I leave for LA on Saturday morning and we're heading to Palm Springs on Tuesday (playing Oak Creek in the OC on Monday - looks like a great course).

Thanks for some of the recommendations! I leave for LA on Saturday morning and we're heading to Palm Springs on Tuesday (playing Oak Creek in the OC on Monday - looks like a great course).

Love Oak Creek, very nice course. Pricey but the customer service is very very good.

IN Riverside, (or there abouts), play Oak Quarry on the way to PS.
Really nice track built on/around an old quarry.
Bring camera, look up online.

IN Riverside, (or there abouts), play Oak Quarry on the way to PS.
Really nice track built on/around an old quarry.
Bring camera, look up online.

My brother has played Oak Quarry before and said the same thing! I'll mention it and hopefully we can get a round in there.

Steel Tappin'

If you're playing Oak Quarry and Oak Creek on Mon-Thurs you might want to think about getting the Birdie Card from Roger Dunn golf stores. For $49 it includes %40 off green fees at Oak Quarry, Oak Creek, Oak Valley, a free round at Los Serranos and Black Gold, and a box of e6s.

If you're playing Oak Quarry and Oak Creek on Mon-Thurs you might want to think about getting the Birdie Card from Roger Dunn golf stores. For $49 it includes %40 off green fees at Oak Quarry, Oak Creek, Oak Valley, a free round at Los Serranos and Black Gold, and a box of e6s.

Good looking out. That's one heck of a deal! I know my brother has played Black Gold before and said it's a solid track. I'll mention this to him and have him snag it - plus they throw in e6's!

Steel Tappin'

So, we checked in to Indian Wells. We're at the Hyatt Grand Champions. They upgraded us because my brother is an employee of Hyatt - the room is ridiculous. This whole place is unreal. We hit up the gym and got in a quick workout after playing 18 today.

Seriously, might be the nicest resort I've ever stayed on. On top of upgrading the room, they gave us a pass to the Indian Wells Club for free breakfast and lounge use along with free parking.

Sick. My jaw is still dropping.

Steel Tappin'

So, we checked in to Indian Wells. We're at the Hyatt Grand Champions. They upgraded us because my brother is an employee of Hyatt - the room is ridiculous. This whole place is unreal. We hit up the gym and got in a quick workout after playing 18 today.

Seriously, might be the nicest resort I've ever stayed on. On top of upgrading the room, they gave us a pass to the Indian Wells Club for free breakfast and lounge use along with free parking.

Steel Tappin'

Nice man!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Steel Tappin'

lets see some pics!

Not a bad way to relax before a round. 1:10 tee time. Heading there in a minute.

Steel Tappin'

Back