Your first birdie &/or eagle...

My first eagle (2 of them) came from when I was coming down the back 9 of a tournament I was playing in, competing for a free junior membership for the next year.

11th hole, I drove the green, made the putt for Eagle. Followed that up with a Birdie. Then eagled the 18th par-5.

A wicked stretch of dumb luck, right when I started getting into my serious golfer stages.

My first birdie was in 1978 at a golf course that is no longer in existence. I had just started that year. Par 4, dogleg around the water, or if you could hit it 270 or so you could clear the water. I played it the normal way, right to the dogleg, then hit a shot on the green and drained a long putt. I'd like to say it was a 40 footer but it was probably 20 or 25!

I've never had an eagle.

My wife got her first par AND birdie in her very first round she ever played.

First bird came from a long putt, first and only eagle came from a good approach shot, I did hit the stick with the same 8i the next hole though for a gir. Something was gonna happen that day. Congratulations on yours, these are the rewards for all that practice.

First birdie was a chip-in from off the left side of the green on the par-3 4th hole at Duke University Golf Club. I was playing as a single at the time, and I ran up to a guy on the next tee that saw my shot to have him sign my card to prove that I made a birdie. Looking back on it, doing that was pretty silly, but I was so excited at this time that I didn't care!

I'm still waiting on my first eagle, hoping that it comes this year.

I unfortuanately don't remember my first birdie, because when I started making them sometimes, I didn't even think about it. Congrats on your first birdie though! I'll definetely remember my first eagle though, (when I make it of course!)

Great job! It's those type of experiences that keep you coming back!

I do remember my first birdie, I chiped in on the 3rd hole of the first round I ever played, has kept me coming back for 14 years. Congrats!

Wow, great story's guys. Didn't think this thread would get that much posts. Thanks.

got my 1st birdie of the year yesterday. 2nd shot on the 1st hole was less than a foot from the hole. what a great way to start a round. :D had a few more shot at a birdie. a few putts around 10-20 ft range. missed them all. on one of them, I actually 3-putted. :(

I remember my first birdie. It was on the 6th hole of my home course and I was 14. The hole is 340 yards with a pond in front of the green. I hit my drive out to the right, which gives a good angle in the green even though you are in the rough. I had around 160ish in to the green so I took out a 4 iron. The ball was inside 20 feet to the hole and I sunk the putt. I remember the ball had a rocket logo on it. I kept it for years, but now I have no clue where it is. The thing I like to remember about the story is that I was playing with my friend Eric, who I still golf with 13 years later.

My first birdie was a long straight par five. My 3rd shot left it just a few feet from the hole for a tap in birdie. That was last year my second year of playing golf.
My first eagle was this April 1st when I got a hole in one on a short par 3.

Royce Brook Hillsborough, NJ
Hole #18
Driver- 286
5wood- 220
Chipped in for Eagle from 30 yds

My first Eagle.

My first Eagle.

We it finally happened, after playing golf off and on for over 30 years, and playing over 100 rounds last year, I finally got an Eagle. I have been taking a lot of crap from one of my sons that has only been playing for about a year and he already has an eagle. It was on a par 5, he hit it stiff in two and made the putt. Every since then he always reminds me every time I get on a green in two on a par 5, that’s here is my chance to get my first eagle so I can be a good as him. All in good fun.

Well on Friday on the second hole at our club, I hit a 4 hybrid in the cup for a TWO. I was watching the shot and I seen it hit the green and bounce once then it disappeared. I did not say anything to my playing partners in fear that it just bounced over the green. When we went up to the green I still did not see the ball but I grabbed my putter and wedge anyway in case I was long. As I was walking to the cup to check I told my son, I may have just got that Eagle. Sure enough there is was at the bottom of the cup. I was very excited and more so since my son that had his eagle was with me.

So now I need that elusive Hole-N-One. :D

Very exciting! Especially to make an eagle that way!

How far out do you think you were?

Congratulations. It's such a rush when you have the feeling it's in the jar, but not sure until you see it resting in the cup.

Congrats!!!

We'll be waiting for that Hole In One post now :act-up:

Congrats on the eagle! Now that you got your first a lot more are bound to follow.

Congrats on the eagle!!! Now go and get that ace!

Congrats on the eagle! I haven't gotten one either. Can't wait to finally get one.

Congrats on the eagle!!

Congrats! IMO this is even better than getting it on a par 5 via a standard on in 2 and 1 putt.

Congrats rr.....something the two of you can remember for a life time!!

Awesome - only have two myself so I know its very cool. Good luck on the Ace - I'm looking for one, too, if you find an extra out there...

Back