Australian Masters/Thailand Golf Championship [spoilers]

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Thought we'd have a double thread for these, as the field seems to be spread pretty thin between the 2.

Australian Masters notables - Donald, Poulter, Mannassero

First round - Poulter out in front, something we haven't seen much of this season. 65 for a -6 total. Luke sits comfortably at -2, but Mannassero struggled today to a 76. Seems like a demanding schedule might be catching up with the youngster? He hasn't really had any form for the last month or 2 unfortunately.

Live scoring here - http://www.pga.org.au/scores/717

Thailand - Westwood, Daly, Schwartzel, Clarke, Ishikawa

First round - Lee doesn't really want this year to end, does he? A nice stroll around the course sees him finish with a 60, not bad for a -12 total on the first day!
Mr Daly shoots a 65 to lie 5 shots back, how long will that last? Darren Clarke also manages a rare (lately) under par round to finish at -1.

Headlines are about Lee today though, -12 from the first round is pretty special. Will he come out the blocks as fast next year pushing for the top spot in the world again?

Live scoring -

http://www.asiantour.com/perfstats.aspx?event_sid=20101211776913241781&r=1

Sounds like Westwood was on fire! He had the TGC guys updating their twitter accounts all night.

It looked like maybe Marcus Frasier was playing a new :taylormade: driver today at the JBWere Masters but I can't match it up with any pics I've seen. It looks like a Burner 2.0 except there is a definite weight port visable. There is too much visable white on the sole to match up with the pics I've seen with the new RBZ. Any ideas?

PICT0103.jpg

It looked like maybe Marcus Frasier was playing a new :taylormade: driver today at the JBWere Masters but I can't match it up with any pics I've seen. It looks like a Burner 2.0 except there is a definite weight port visable. There is too much visable white on the sole to match up with the pics I've seen with the new RBZ. Any ideas?

PICT0103.jpg

Burner 3.0? I can't imagine that Taylormade would have another driver that they didn't release with the RBZ line and R11s. Maybe they do, who knows?

The Burner line is going to continue from what I read, alongside RBZ and R11. Burner line will be the cheapest of the 3.

Westwood sure is killing it
Daily didn't do so well day 2 but he avoided a blowup so far

So Lee is only 13 shots clear after struggling to a 2nd round 64. :D

Poulter is still ahead of the pack in Australia, 2 shots clear at -9 after round 2.

It's like Mr. Westwood knows I'm watching or something. What a spectacle.

Westwood is amazing. Wow he is playing great.

Congrats to Ian Poulter!! At year's end his OFGW will be 16!!

238177-111219-ian-poulter.jpg

Poulter played an excellent last round, hardly put a foot wrong all day. Helped that Ogilvy managed to self destruct, but Poulter was mentally very strong. This will give him a lot of confidence going into the new year.

Also, Westwood was supreme yet again this week. 2 wins in his last 3 events see him overtake Rory into world number 2 slot again. Says he's going to put in the work over the winter to get fitter and leaner, and really take a go at the PGA Tour next year.

Also, Westwood was supreme yet again this week. 2 wins in his last 3 events see him overtake Rory into world number 2 slot again. Says he's going to put in the work over the winter to get fitter and leaner, and really take a go at the PGA Tour next year.

Westy in on a tear right now. Apparently, everytime he tees it up in Asia or the Middle East region, he is a huge threat!

Westy is a freaking BEAST!

Westy is a freaking BEAST!

How long has he been on the fitness kick? Last time I saw him he was a portly chap, now he's ripped.

How long has he been on the fitness kick? Last time I saw him he was a portly chap, now he's ripped.

I'm not quite sure to be honest. I honestly think TC would know.

Back